• The KillerFrogs

AP: Kerley says suspension unwarranted

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
AP: Kerley says suspension unwarranted

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK — Jeremy Kerley insists he did nothing wrong to warrant a four-game suspension.

The Jets’ wide receiver-punt returner was banned from the team without pay by the NFL on Monday after the league said Kerley violated its policy on performance-enhancing substances. His suspension begins immediately.

“I was shocked by a positive test for Turinabol, as I have never knowingly taken any banned substances,” Kerley said in a statement issued by his representatives .

Read more at http://www.recordonline.com/sports/20171106/jets-kerley-suspension-unwarranted

Austintxfrog94

Has a positive test for PED's ever been overturned? To my knowledge the answer is no and there needs to be stronger punishment for these positive results in the NFL when they come in. In my mind a 2nd offense should be a lifetime ban if they are serious about getting it out of the sport. I loved Kerley as a frog and still keep up with him and pull for him in the league but if you did it then own it.

I think a lot of players take legal supplements and sometimes those are tainted sucks for them. Some well respected business people have tested positive for opioids due to eating poppy seeds found in muffins or bagels. Shiiiiitttteeee happens. Don’t judge least ye be judged!

hiphopfroggy

It's true bad drug tests happen. The Austin court once told me I had tested positive for PCP....PCmother&%^$%^&*P, in ATX in 2002 or so. I laughed and said 'What? Can you even get PCP in Austin?'

Dismissed.

W

Way of the Frog

It's true bad drug tests happen. The Austin court once told me I had tested positive for PCP....PCmother&%^$%^&*P, in ATX in 2002 or so. I laughed and said 'What? Can you even get PCP in Austin?'

Dismissed.

th

Huh, they must have REALLY cleaned up Austin from the 80's and 90's.

kidkarr

Has a positive test for PED's ever been overturned? To my knowledge the answer is no and there needs to be stronger punishment for these positive results in the NFL when they come in. In my mind a 2nd offense should be a lifetime ban if they are serious about getting it out of the sport. I loved Kerley as a frog and still keep up with him and pull for him in the league but if you did it then own it.
It was a technicality but Ryan Braun has one overturned in MLB. IIRC

kidkarr

Could be true... Some supplements that you can buy at GNC actually have anabolic steroids in them, and people take them unknowingly. FDA does not regulate what they put in most of those supplements.

http://www.espn.com/olympics/news/story?id=2609559

Years ago the pre workout “ultimate orange” i think, was known for doing this. I think there was even a statement on label about not passing Olympic drug tests.

Players making this kind of money should have someone to tell them what is and is not ok.

crash813

I have known a few Olympic athletes and they carry a huge list of stuff they can't take for risk of positive results. You would be surprised that 80% of the stuff was over the counter and some stuff you probably have in your house. Pretty crazy.

Zubaz

Correct. There are a ton of off the shelf supplements that have some form of steroid in them.
If memory serves, it's not so much that they have steroids in them, it's that your body metabolizes what is in those supplements into the same chemicals that are created when you take steroids. So while you won't test positive for a substance, you're T/E ratio will spike the same and you'll end up with a positive test. I believe Andro, that stuff that Mark McGwire pretended to be on to shake of suspicion of steroids, was one of those examples before it was banned.

If you test positive for the substance itself, there's a good chance that you took the substance.

(This is all ignoring that, as you said, the FDA does not regulate supplements so who knows what kind of quality control they have)

Land Frog

Darn baylor!

Dismissed.
Did, uh, you ever smoke weed?

Sometimes it is laced. We would test people and get several indicators suggesting poly-drug use, but people insisted they just smoke weed. Tests confirmed the indicators.

East Coast

Tier 1
Happened to me once. Attorney asked to see the results and luckily the blood type was in there. Pointed out that it couldn’t be my test since the blood type was wrong.

Got a small settlement and the company ended up firing the testing.

BleedNPurple

False positive drug tests happen so frequently that most test labs give a very wide margin and usually request a follow up test rather than indict someone unless in mistakeable. Every drug lab in the country has been sued and lost