• The KillerFrogs

Anyone else see this???

Ron Swanson

Dirtbag’s response in another thread...

WAVCnAp.jpg

Double V

Seems like an odd contract contingency. Guess those two REALLY liked CDC? Also, could be the reason to hire Donati so quickly.

Purp

It’s all coming together for UT.

CDC is going to fire Herman (who worked with CDC at Rice) and the baseball coach after only 1 year and a little over a year, respectively. Then will hire GP and Schloss with no buyout to TCU.

CDC has been a plant for Ut since he arrived 7 years ago.
Sounds like a Baylor conspiracy theory. All it needs is the ESPN reference as Gepetto.

Dirtbag’s response in another thread...

WAVCnAp.jpg

Basically the same philosophy the owners of my company had when they recruited us and named our SVP from our previous company the President of the new. He had a non-compete they had to work with and it delayed his on-boarding with us. They said "we're not going to out anyone through that and waste time on people who don't want to be there. If we can't keep any of you then that's our fault." It's a risk but it makes sense, shows leadership and exudes confidence. Rare find in our society.

BABYFACE

Newy is such a flamer. He acts like he is all TCU, then speculates GP is going to leave every year for the last decade.

GP could have left many times, so could have Schloss. JD just got here. All three will continue to be here as long as TCU holds up their end.

Newy acts like they being restrained from taking another job.

TCUdirtbag

Seems like an odd contract contingency. Guess those two REALLY liked CDC? Also, could be the reason to hire Donati so quickly.

Would be sensible for Coaches’ agents to push this inbti xontracts all the time. The coaches work under/for the AD, and that dynamic is weird enough with the coach making (often significantly) more money, so they want an easy “out” in the event the boss leaves and they don’t get along with the new one. It’s basically the employee having the freedom to go is the boss goes. Again, my earlier comments that Ron posted above still apply. This isn’t a big deal.

netty2424

Newy is such a flamer. He acts like he is all TCU, then speculates GP is going to leave every year for the last decade.

GP could have left many times, so could have Schloss. JD just got here. All three will continue to be here as long as TCU holds up their end.

Newy acts like they being restrained from taking another job.
I don't feel like I've ever noticed Newy be pro-TCU. He seems to pop into the TCU scene only when we have a coach up for renwel or when frogs are in the limelight for something. Or when there's a free media buffet.

And how would Newy even know this to be true? There has to be a very very small number of people who even have access to that type information related to the coaches contracts, specifically GP's contract given he doesn't use an agent. And I'm betting Newy ain't one of them.

Punter1

This seems like almost a non story.

I think it's a story....kinda sorta like if G. Stanton fired his agent and all of sudden that eliminated his "no trade clause"...then the Marlins were free to trade him anywhere.

Granted if a school wanted GP or Schloss (and they wanted to leave) bad enough the buyout usually isn't an issue...but with GP just signing a big long term deal that buyout has to be very heavy, especially the 1st few years.