• The KillerFrogs

Any Olympians you've ever really disliked?

OmniscienceFrog

Oops...Blame eonline where the pic is hosted then. Two hot skiers....doesn't really bother me which is which ha. Here, here's Julia Mancuso...
julia-mancuso-139196552348nkg.jpg

Julia%20Mancuso%2003.jpg

copilot-women-photos-201402-1391547760690_julia-mancuso-gq-magazine-february-2014-ski-olympics-women-photo-hot-01.jpg
Yesssssssssssss!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I really don’t understand his issue with what happened unless I am missing something. It makes so little sense that it makes me think that there must be more to the story that I’m not seeing.

Who does the initial vote? Isn’t it his fellow Olympians?

He had said that since it is Black History Month he should have been given the honor.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
What's the deal with the Russians?
They're insisting on being called the Olympic Athletes from Russia, instead of just Russia. So if you see "OAR", it's Russia .
It's not their choice.

Russia was banned from competing in these Olympics because of the state-sponsored doping especially as it pertains to the Sochi Olympics. However, since that's not necessarily the athletes' fault, those who are able to prove they've been clean are being allowed to participate under this name.

Chongo94

so who pays for the russian athletes to be able to participate if they can not represent the country of russia?

I think the IOC set up a fund for them, but I could be way way off. Considering the USOC basically contributes squat to our athletes I probably am way off but I thought I read that somewhere a few weeks ago.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
It's not their choice.

Russia was banned from competing in these Olympics because of the state-sponsored doping especially as it pertains to the Sochi Olympics. However, since that's not necessarily the athletes' fault, those who are able to prove they've been clean are being allowed to participate under this name.

Gotcha.
Sad state of affairs.