• The KillerFrogs

Any live coverage of B12 media days?

Wexahu

They also lost at home by 14 points to a team that Kansas would have been competitive with.

I know, although I'm not sure Kansas would've been all that competitive with Va Tech but I agree, Va Tech was a very bad loss. I'm not sure that should just trump everything else, it's all part of the resume. If OSU had won that game, they would've been undisputed #1 so it definitely had an impact, just not enough to knock them out of the top 4. We barely beat Kansas and had like 2 wins over Top 20 teams (maybe even just one?) by the time the dust settled. As has been said before, OU, OSU and UT tanking so bad the 2nd half of the year made our resume look much less impressive than it otherwise would have, that didn't help at all either.

To answer another poster, I never said the 13th data point doesn't matter, I just said you don't have to have a 13th game. It can help a resume but it's in no way a prerequisite to have a 13th data point like GP suggested.

MTfrog5

I know, although I'm not sure Kansas would've been all that competitive with Va Tech but I agree, Va Tech was a very bad loss. I'm not sure that should just trump everything else, it's all part of the resume. If OSU had won that game, they would've been undisputed #1 so it definitely had an impact, just not enough to knock them out of the top 4. We barely beat Kansas and had like 2 wins over Top 20 teams (maybe even just one?) by the time the dust settled. As has been said before, OU, OSU and UT tanking so bad the 2nd half of the year made our resume look much less impressive than it otherwise would have, that didn't help at all either.

To answer another poster, I never said the 13th data point doesn't matter, I just said you don't have to have a 13th game. It can help a resume but it's in no way a prerequisite to have a 13th data point like GP suggested.

I think Kansas would have held their own

CountryFrog

What!? Wexahu thinks the playoff committee is infallible and anyone who disagrees with them is a total moron?

SHOCKING!!! I'm sure we can all talk him out of it by making rational and reasonable arguments.

OmniscienceFrog

There was no way FSU could have been left out.

Why? Because you think they were one of the four best teams on the field that year, or because you are one of the sheep that were going simply by their record and what they had done the previous year, which had nothing to do with the current season?

Just like all that claim the committee was right in picking Ohio St based on what happened in the playoffs, I know they were wrong in picking Florida St. based on what happened in the playoffs. It was no surprise.

Wexahu

What!? Wexahu thinks the playoff committee is infallible

Infallible? No, not at all, but I also don't think they're a bunch of idiots who only want to see certain teams in the field. It's a impossible job they have keeping everyone happy so they're going to labeled idiots no matter what they do.