• The KillerFrogs

Answer to TopFrog PM

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 3 2010, 04:26 AM) [snapback]540192[/snapback]
I really, really don't like being insulted

Yet you seem to have absolutley no problem being the one doing the insulting. I do agree with you that this country has gone off the deepend with it's need to be politically correct. But there are just certain things, whether they seem like they should be harmless or not, that are commonly accepted as things you shouldn't say and this board has seen a few too many of those the last couple days. And the reasoning behind some it has been quite weak. An example of that being your justification of the use of the word "Jap" by saying that people from Finland are called Fins and people from Brittain are called Brits, etc........ Sure they are, but for whatever reason people from those countries don't find those terms offensive while the Japanese people (or at least the ones that I know) DO find their term offensive. I'm curious what you would call a person from Nigeria. Try justifying that one with the same line of thinking.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(ShivasFrog @ Apr 2 2010, 05:30 PM) [snapback]540041[/snapback]
What? The profanity filters aren't allowing "geriatric slapfight" now?

Frogs On A Plane likes this post.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 2 2010, 05:14 PM) [snapback]540064[/snapback]
Sir, do not post about me without using proper grammer.
2314 is a person, therefore, 2314 is not a "that" but a "who."
Learn to write if you want any respect, landfag.

I believe the word is GRAMMAR. Turn in your press badge. Grammer was the guy on Cheers.

Sheeesh.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Apr 3 2010, 07:28 AM) [snapback]540207[/snapback]
for whatever reason people from those countries don't find those terms offensive while the Japanese people (or at least the ones that I know) DO find their term (Japs) offensive.

PCism is over-the-top in this country.
I have no problem if anyone wants to refer to me as a "honky."

PurplePutt

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Apr 3 2010, 08:28 AM) [snapback]540207[/snapback]
Yet you seem to have absolutley no problem being the one doing the insulting. I do agree with you that this country has gone off the deepend with it's need to be politically correct. But there are just certain things, whether they seem like they should be harmless or not, that are commonly accepted as things you shouldn't say and this board has seen a few too many of those the last couple days. And the reasoning behind some it has been quite weak. An example of that being your justification of the use of the word "Jap" by saying that people from Finland are called Fins and people from Brittain are called Brits, etc........ Sure they are, but for whatever reason people from those countries don't find those terms offensive while the Japanese people (or at least the ones that I know) DO find their term offensive. I'm curious what you would call a person from Nigeria. Try justifying that one with the same line of thinking.

You see FROGDADDY, that is exactly the problem. You are exactly the problem. You defined political correctness with your post. It isn't what is said. It is what the offended victims find offensive. If I call someone a Jap and they are offended then it is their problem. If I intended no insult then why should my behavior be required to be adjusted. I have done no wrong to them. They are too sensitive in my opinion and it is their problem. You tell me that calling someone from Finland is not offended by being called a Fin but someone from Japan is offended by being called a Jap. Do you realize how stupid that is on the face of it. Now you limit my ability to express myself with some weird set of criteria for what is socially acceptable. Mind control is what it is. Did you realize that President Obama is a reneger? Before you launch off into the racist rant please look up the definition of reneg. Obama has reneged on many promises. He is a regeger! Now you politically correct crowd who what to change the language to support you biases will go nuts. I say good for you. Now you will launch off into a rant about what a racist I am. The McCarthyism of the liberal left. I have used the english language properly to describe a person who has not lived up to his promises yet you and your liberal, communist, friends will falsely call me a racist.

Next thing you know, YA will show up and tell me he is calling my company and telling them I am drinking beer in China. Please, please do that YA and you will be so deep in legal bills you won't be able to afford your season tickets you slanderous [Deleted]!!!!

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 3 2010, 09:27 AM) [snapback]540242[/snapback]
You see FROGDADDY, that is exactly the problem. You are exactly the problem. You defined political correctness with your post. It isn't what is said. It is what the offended victims find offensive. If I call someone a Jap and they are offended then it is their problem. If I intended no insult then why should my behavior be required to be adjusted. I have done no wrong to them. They are too sensitive in my opinion and it is their problem. You tell me that calling someone from Finland is not offended by being called a Fin but someone from Japan is offended by being called a Jap. Do you realize how stupid that is on the face of it. Now you limit my ability to express myself with some weird set of criteria for what is socially acceptable. Mind control is what it is. Did you realize that President Obama is a reneger? Before you launch off into the racist rant please look up the definition of reneg. Obama has reneged on many promises. He is a regeger! Now you politically correct crowd who what to change the language to support you biases will go nuts. I say good for you. Now you will launch off into a rant about what a racist I am. The McCarthyism of the liberal left. I have used the english language properly to describe a person who has not lived up to his promises yet you and your liberal, communist, friends will falsely call me a racist.

Next thing you know, YA will show up and tell me he is calling my company and telling them I am drinking beer in China. Please, please do that YA and you will be so deep in legal bills you won't be able to afford your season tickets you slanderous [Deleted]!!!!

Message board madness :wacko:
This board brings out the worst in a lot of you (and me).

Austintxfrog94

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 3 2010, 12:48 AM) [snapback]540185[/snapback]
Wow! "Top" of the morning to you all! I feel much better after having a good sleep. It is amazing what happens when you post something controversial here. Sixteen pages and over 150 posts of drivel. You all have to admit it is weird entertainment.

Good News! I will obey the rules of civil obedience with regard to Top and his normal internet insults. I realize he probably has a complete different personality in real life. I say you should not say things about people unless you are willing to take responsibility for them though. What a concept.

Kind of reminds me of the firestorm when "Bob" had some rather nasty things to say about the nation state of Japan and their people. He was immediately blasted with the modern day left wing equal of McCarthyism, "a racist."

Having lived in Japan and being familiar with many aspects of their history and their culture, I thought I understood what Bob was saying and I agreed with him. Some of the intellectually inept among you immediately labeled me a racist as well. This and things like this are not becoming to the members here. Your little clicks of all ganging up and defending each other or always patting each other on the backs is rather sickening.

You have the guys who disagree with everything. You have the guys who call people names (yeah, yeah, I know I started this thing with the word "I"M STILL AN IDIOT THAT CAN"T FOLLOW RULES"). You have the guys who go along with certain people like sheep. You have the experts who would never admit they were wrong.

What you see/here is what you get with me. My internet personality is pretty much my everyday personality. I might tend to be more forward here but generally I will say what I think, back it up, and if proven wrong will admit it. I guess many would call that a weird way to be.

I really don't understand why YA would announce who I worked for and what my profession is and then completely lie about me violating federal law. I would say that is a pretty hateful thing to do just because you disagree with some internet banter. Funny thing is I only met YA once and talked for about 5 minutes at the Houston Bowl years ago. Just another example of how my honesty comes back to bite and could threaten my ability to earn a living. And all because I trusted a fellow Frog with a few personal details about myself. I would never ever do such a thing to any of you. Noticed that Top ran with the false info just as fast as he could too. Truth, justice, character, and the American way--not zactly.

Bottom line. I'm going to try and be at the OU game. I will be where I normally try and tailgate. Up on the grass and as close to the ballpark as possible. Anyone, including Top, is welcome to drop my and meet the jerk, or exchange apologies, or defend your honor (rhetoric only please), or even have a beer and a laugh.

I apologize to those I may have offended. Now please, don't roll in like a bunch of vultures. This is a dead horse--but his bones have been picked clean.

So wait is there going to be an old man fight or what? I'm not driving 180 miles and taking off work just watch an early season baseball game.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 3 2010, 10:27 AM) [snapback]540242[/snapback]

Damn.. chill out Arthur.

Spike

I just learned Frogdaddy was a liberal communist. I did not know that before. Just like I did not know that everyone hated Top. Learn something new every day.

oldscribe

I know of two people who are (or were in one case) always or often called ``Jap." One is Gary Cartwright, the writer who is a former Fort Worther and the other was my great-great grandfather Jasper McCullough. ``Jap" was a common nickname for anyone named Jasper in his day (b. 1839, d. 1903). Neither of these had a drop of Japanese blood. But I would not call a person of Japanese ancestry a ``Jap" for the simple reason that it is a perjorative term. An insult to the hearer.

TheSheik

Limit your ability to express yourself??? LOL, you have done that quite clearly throughout this thread and others, and people have called you an idiot for it. Aint America great? You can call people whatever you want to call them, but that doesnt mean people cant tell you what they think right back! Im tired of people like yourself thinking you can say whatever the hell you want, and start crying about political correctness when you get called on it. Guess what PPutt, theres no law for political correctness, you can be as politically uncorrect as you want, by whatever means you want to define it!

Now I am sure you are going to tell me to suck your blank! And if I am offended that is on me!!

PurplePutt

QUOTE(Austintxfrog94 @ Apr 3 2010, 10:31 AM) [snapback]540247[/snapback]
So wait is there going to be an old man fight or what? I'm not driving 180 miles and taking off work just watch an early season baseball game.

No old man fight! Top and I are going to kiss when we can meet up but not on the lips. Now that will be something to drive 180 miles for!

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(oldscribe @ Apr 3 2010, 10:40 AM) [snapback]540252[/snapback]
But I would not call a person of Japanese ancestry a ``Jap" for the simple reason that it is a perjorative term. An insult to the hearer.

But you're not supposed to care, and that is what is wrong with you, I guess. You know, as long as you're comfortable with it, screw everybody else.

desmith03

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 3 2010, 09:27 AM) [snapback]540224[/snapback]
PCism is over-the-top in this country.
I have no problem if anyone wants to refer to me as a "honky."

Especially if it's Richard Pryor!

desmith03

Did you realize that President Obama is a reneger?

I can remember instances where the prior 4 presidents exhibited that trait as well. I expecte that with a little time and some research, just about every politician in history can be demonstrated to have made promises that were later retracted.

From my high school days playing spades, I am also a reneger.

Oh wait, you were trying to make a play on words, weren't you...

PurplePutt

QUOTE(TheSheik @ Apr 3 2010, 10:47 AM) [snapback]540254[/snapback]
Limit your ability to express yourself??? LOL, you have done that quite clearly throughout this thread and others, and people have called you an idiot for it. Aint America great? You can call people whatever you want to call them, but that doesnt mean people cant tell you what they think right back! Im tired of people like yourself thinking you can say whatever the hell you want, and start crying about political correctness when you get called on it. Guess what PPutt, theres no law for political correctness, you can be as politically uncorrect as you want, by whatever means you want to define it!

Now I am sure you are going to tell me to suck your blank! And if I am offended that is on me!!

No Sheik, I have changed my ways oh me brother! I am not going to tell you to suck my blank. It would really be sick if you sucked my blank. Last thing I can think of that I would want you to do. However, you are one of the click of brothers here who tend to stick together and pat one another on the back. You are one of the sheep who piles on those of us who buck the trend. I don't recall you ever having an original thought and I suspect that you are a follower and not a leader. No harm in that. Someone has to lead, protect, and support the less fortunate in our society and others have to be the recepients of the sacrifices of others.

I am truely sorry that I said that to you yesterday though. I was out of line. I understand you can't help but be who you are and that is Ok. I'll be at the OU game. Drop by and have a beer. I'll be the one dressed in purple.

Gunner

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 2 2010, 06:57 PM) [snapback]539827[/snapback]
You know, this is just going to end with the two of them getting married. Seen it in the movies dozens of times.

Best retort of all times :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

PurplePutt

QUOTE(Gunner @ Apr 3 2010, 11:04 AM) [snapback]540269[/snapback]
Best retort of all times :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Damn Gunner! I ain't marrying Top. I'm already married. However, at least Top would probably go to Frog games with me though and I would have to be the guy!

TheSheik

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 3 2010, 11:04 AM) [snapback]540267[/snapback]
No Sheik, I have changed my ways oh me brother! I am not going to tell you to suck my blank. It would really be sick if you sucked my blank. Last thing I can think of that I would want you to do. However, you are one of the click of brothers here who tend to stick together and pat one another on the back. You are one of the sheep who piles on those of us who buck the trend. I don't recall you ever having an original thought and I suspect that you are a follower and not a leader. No harm in that. Someone has to lead, protect, and support the less fortunate in our society and others have to be the recepients of the sacrifices of others.

I am truely sorry that I said that to you yesterday though. I was out of line. I understand you can't help but be who you are and that is Ok. I'll be at the OU game. Drop by and have a beer. I'll be the one dressed in purple.

Click? Really? If anything I am supporting your right to say whatever the hell you want, just as I support the rights of others to tell you what they think right back. Thanks for your service, I wasnt born in this country but thanks anyway. Always love when military guys try to hold that above the heads of the rest of us worthless peons. You are da man! (Did I sufficiently stroke your ego?)

You my friend, are nothing but a crybaby. You have one meltdown cryfest on this board every year, this is no different. I imagine in real life you are a crybaby too. No harm in that.