• The KillerFrogs

Answer to TopFrog PM

Austintxfrog94

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 3 2010, 09:49 AM) [snapback]540257[/snapback]
No old man fight! Top and I are going to kiss when we can meet up but not on the lips. Now that will be something to drive 180 miles for!

If I want to see men kissing all I have to do is take a 15 minute ride to downtown Austin. Glad you guys worked it out....it is kind of funny to see some dudes duke it out well after their prime, (as long as neither one gets hurt mind you.)

ShivasFrog

QUOTE(Austintxfrog94 @ Apr 3 2010, 03:22 PM) [snapback]540329[/snapback]
...it is kind of funny to see some dudes duke it out well after their prime...

Not sure if I ever had a prime. I have a vague recollection of a long weekend in Nuevo Laredo that might qualify...

oldscribe

QUOTE(Austintxfrog94 @ Apr 3 2010, 02:22 PM) [snapback]540329[/snapback]
If I want to see men kissing all I have to do is take a 15 minute ride to downtown Austin. Glad you guys worked it out....it is kind of funny to see some dudes duke it out well after their prime, (as long as neither one gets hurt mind you.)

Best fight I ever saw at a baseball game was in Austin....about 1955 or so....Jack Pardee of A&M and Buck Lansford of UT got into it under the stands during a game (neither played baseball, both were footballers).

Purple Geezer

QUOTE(Gunner @ Apr 2 2010, 06:47 PM) [snapback]539819[/snapback]
Putt, you need to relax. There's nothing to be gained by any of that. Just gets you upset.

I would very much prefer that he turned his anger on Obamacare.

Shooter

QUOTE(Purple Geezer @ Apr 3 2010, 03:58 PM) [snapback]540349[/snapback]
I would very much prefer that he turned his anger on Obamacare.

Finally we have a BINGO!

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 3 2010, 10:27 AM) [snapback]540242[/snapback]
You see FROGDADDY, that is exactly the problem. You are exactly the problem. You defined political correctness with your post. It isn't what is said. It is what the offended victims find offensive. If I call someone a Jap and they are offended then it is their problem. If I intended no insult then why should my behavior be required to be adjusted. I have done no wrong to them. They are too sensitive in my opinion and it is their problem. You tell me that calling someone from Finland is not offended by being called a Fin but someone from Japan is offended by being called a Jap. Do you realize how stupid that is on the face of it. Now you limit my ability to express myself with some weird set of criteria for what is socially acceptable. Mind control is what it is. Did you realize that President Obama is a reneger? Before you launch off into the racist rant please look up the definition of reneg. Obama has reneged on many promises. He is a regeger! Now you politically correct crowd who what to change the language to support you biases will go nuts. I say good for you. Now you will launch off into a rant about what a racist I am. The McCarthyism of the liberal left. I have used the english language properly to describe a person who has not lived up to his promises yet you and your liberal, communist, friends will falsely call me a racist.

You've clearly lost your mind (assuming you ever had control of it in the first place). It's really quite simple to understand, the word "Jap" is almost always used in a way that is INTENDED to be offensive and that's why the Japanese people are offended by the term. It doesn't matter at all whether you or I find it to be stupid. If they don't like it then the respectful thing to do is to NOT use the term. And no one has required you to adjust your behavior. Feel free to continue to use any terms you want to describe other nationalities. You'll continue to look ignorant and I can assure that it won't bother me one bit. The part about Obama is weak at best, but I can assure you that he could run against my neighbor's dog that barks 24 hours a day and I still wouldn't vote for him.

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Apr 3 2010, 10:22 PM) [snapback]540392[/snapback]
The part about Obama is weak at best, but I can assure you that he could run against my neighbor's dog that barks 24 hours a day and I still wouldn't vote for him.

now that's funny!

PurplePutt

You've clearly lost your mind (assuming you ever had control of it in the first place). It's really quite simple to understand, the word "Jap" is almost always used in a way that is INTENDED to be offensive and that's why the Japanese people are offended by the term. It doesn't matter at all whether you or I find it to be stupid. If they don't like it then the respectful thing to do is to NOT use the term. And no one has required you to adjust your behavior. Feel free to continue to use any terms you want to describe other nationalities. You'll continue to look ignorant and I can assure that it won't bother me one bit. The part about Obama is weak at best, but I can assure you that he could run against my neighbor's dog that barks 24 hours a day and I still wouldn't vote for him.

The Japanese people or Japanese Americans? I seriously doubt the people of Japan care or even know what someone on a message board in Texas calls them. I am in Osaka right now. We are Gaijin, which is a derogotory term for foreigners. I have been turned away from resturants here with an open palm and "no Gaijin" and have also been told "no westerner." This is common and has happened to me no less than 5 times. You kind of have to know who caters to foreigners and who does not. It is getting better here but still pretty much don't want anything to do with Gaijin. I highly doubt Japanese visitors to the good old "racist" USA get treated like that?

By the way, I am not the guy who used the Jap term. I will admit that his whole argument which had merit went right down the tubes when he used that term. Could have just said the nation of Japan and maybe got by without being called a racist. Although the intellectually inept who would lunge at the opportunity to play the race card would probably call him out anyway.

Holy cow, you compared Obama to your neighbors dog--you must be a racist! :rolleyes:

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 4 2010, 01:12 AM) [snapback]540409[/snapback]
Holy cow, you compared Obama to your neighbors dog--you must be a racist! :rolleyes:

Bob Ray Sanders, Keith Olbermann and other liberal media said anyone who didn't vote for Obama is a racist.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 4 2010, 08:03 AM) [snapback]540433[/snapback]
Bob Ray Sanders, Keith Olbermann and other liberal media said anyone who didn't vote for Obama is a racist.

While it is not all the media, I do find it very small minded and astounding when professionals in the media make those kind of remarks.

This is something we didn't see a decade ago as upfront and outlandish as it is today with the media. While there were biases that existed back then, but it is totally out of control with the current media. I always respected Sam Donaldson. Even though he had a bit of a admitted liberal bias, that didn't prevent him reporting the actual story when it happened. He did not let his own personal views overshadow or prevent him from reporting a story. Today, lot in the media only report what supports their views and suppress or spin news and events that work against their personal views.
Political reporting today is sham and most of these so called journalists should be ashamed of themselves.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Apr 4 2010, 10:47 AM) [snapback]540467[/snapback]
While it is not all the media, I do find it very small minded and astounding when professionals in the media make those kind of remarks.

This is something we didn't see a decade ago as upfront and outlandish as it is today with the media. While there were biases that existed back then, but it is totally out of control with the current media. I always respected Sam Donaldson. Even though he had a bit of a admitted liberal bias, that didn't prevent him reporting the actual story when it happened. He did not let his own personal views overshadow or prevent him from reporting a story. Today, lot in the media only report what supports their views and suppress or spin news and events that work against their personal views.
Political reporting today is sham and most of these so called journalists should be ashamed of themselves.

I think there's frustration with liberals in the media with the dominance and influence of the conservative TV and radio shows. There have been so far unsuccessful attempts to force an FCC law to require equal time for liberal or opposing political perspectives. Problem for them is liberal political talk shows aren't as popular and in demand and therefore don't make money for stations.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I can assure you that he could run against my neighbor's dog that barks 24 hours a day and I still wouldn't vote for him.
:biggrin:

Yes, Jap is never used in any complimentary way, like most other ethnic tags I could but won't repeat, and many WWII vets could not care less. I guess for them I'd have to say I don't blame them if they did. If I had to dodge Japanese or German or Viet Cong or al-Queda bullets, grenades, missiles or bombs I might feel the same. Though a lot of guys who face that are able to eventually separate themselves from those feelings and put things in the perspective that who were enemies then are not enemies now, and that was war then.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 4 2010, 11:09 AM) [snapback]540472[/snapback]
I think there's frustration with liberals in the media with the dominance and influence of the conservative TV and radio shows. There have been so far unsuccessful attempts to force an FCC law to require equal time for liberal or opposing political perspectives. Problem for them is liberal political talk shows aren't as popular and in demand and therefore don't make money for stations.

If you are speaking about radio only then I agree.
But in TV it's a million-to-one when it comes to liberal v. conservative views.
Count these networks as unprofessionally and unethically banging the liberal-only drum:
MSNBC (worst offender), CNBC, CNN (some feel CNN in middle but that's only relative to the far left like MSNBC in comparison), PBS, NBC, CBS, ABC.
Conservative: Fox (and at least it presents the other side on the prime-time news shows unlike any of the other networks I mentioned).
No, the libbies lead big-time in TV.
Hell, they elected Obama and Clinton before that (although I will give Clinton his re-election on his own merit).

Geez. Moving this thread to ITG Forum will certainly kill it.