• The KillerFrogs

And the beat goes on at Baylor

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Wes,

I understand the reactions expressed so far in this thread.

Observations:

1. The complaining students did not contact Waco PD. Baylor PD are NOT equipped to investigate sexual assault complaints. Waco PD is so qualified. TCU's procedure is to immediately call in FWPD realizing the disparity in resources.

2. Evidently the Baylor Title IX office is investigating. Appears to be a very slow process.

3. Sexual assault happens on all campuses. I'm not sure that Baylor is any better or worse than other schools. What is concerning is they seem to be following the same mistakes as in the past.

Personal note. The few days that I was not under a law school deadline, I really thought the undergrad students were incredibly smart, happy, enjoyed the Baylor experience, and were not in any more danger of assault than students at TCU.

I would not hesitate to send a loved one to Baylor.

If that person was female and she wanted to date or even be friends with a boy, I would want to meet the young man as soon as possible.

If that young man disrespected my loved one, he would be invited on an all expense paid trip to my Deer Camp in west Texas.;););):mad::D

The difference with other campuses is that this problem at Baylor stems from one segment of their population.

They seem to have a problem with uncovering bad character types or educating them on what societal rules are after getting in.

Eight

Thanks Frog Law..You're the legal mind and my opinions are reactionary

However I do think that perception is reality and unfortunately, the perception of Baylor at this moment is one of a green and gold cesspool.

Perhaps the league and the NCAA need to set a zero tolerance policy on this because the more pressure put on the school, then more pressure dribbles down to the perps.

As for sending a loved one to Baylor, I would hesitate but thats an easy one for me as both of my kids went to SEC schools. I know, I know. I failed as a parent

one of the problems is exactly what jurisdiction does the ncaa have in criminal matters?

everyone will point the sanctions involving penn state, but one argument made against the sanctions was the ncaa was overstepping their authority in that matter because they have no authority in criminal matters.

i am not saying i agree with what happened at penn st. or happened/happening at baylor nor that the institutions should not be punished. merely that the ncaa struggles to enforce the rules they do have authority over and i have issues with organizations overstepping their authority.

the corruption that has helped shield and is shielding baylor extends beyond baylor and that is the bigger issue here.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Even tho I’ve only met FrogLaw once ( I needed a POA with no-notice before I flew away for a year to become KuwaitFrog - again) I respect his opinion & ask for a law-based And baylor based opinion/critique of my idea.

I think waiting for the courts or the conference or the NCAA to take action is fruitless. Assuming any of those organizations ever did step up to issue any kind of judicial ruling I think would only increase the Baylor bunker mentality. As in, here come the outsiders with their rules so let’s all hunker down and protect ourselves from them. That being said I would recommend that new president Livingston at Baylor pick out a high profile member of the staff such as Ramsowner or the woman at judicial affairs to be the designated scapegoat and either Fire that person immediately for cause or ask for their resignation. Either way get the person out the door ugly in public same day with press coverage. When the resulting reaction from the rest of Baylor comes up then the president could issue a statement that she will except resignation letters from all Baylor personnel above the level of janitor, food service or groundskeeper immediately. Those who submit letters of resignation would then be considered if they were part of the problem or part of the solution and rendered immediately. This would send an immediate response to all Baylor personnel now that the old way of doing business is going to stop today. This would then be followed by media announcement of new policies on reporting procedures for sexual assault. Any violation for strict timelines on those sexual assault reports would be grounds for immediate dismissal. And if necessary also an announcement for immediate suspension of all Baylor student athletic activities for one year. This would also include releasing scholarship athletes if they wish to transfer with no adverse cause or affect. With all student athletes released remaining athletic staff and coaches would be required to attend sexual awareness or assault reporting classes and other required classes for training purposes. Or resign immediately. This would start the real cause for change from within at baylor — not from outside enforcement agency’s. Thoughts?

Realtorfrog

The school is throwing scholarship money at prospective students just trying to get students to enroll. The person I know still turned them down because she didn’t feel right being associated with the school and what has gone on.

froginmn

shadow

With all due respect my thoughts are: that was too long to read.

My other thought is that the stupid school in Waco needs to clean house. More athletes raping athletes, so closely behind the cesspool that was the Briles era, tells me that they haven't done enough.

And no way in hell I would let my daughter go there. She's visiting TCU this fall.

Boomhauer

Wes,

Observations:

1. The complaining students did not contact Waco PD. Baylor PD are NOT equipped to investigate sexual assault complaints. Waco PD is so qualified. TCU's procedure is to immediately call in FWPD realizing the disparity in resources.

2. Evidently the Baylor Title IX office is investigating. Appears to be a very slow process.

3. Sexual assault happens on all campuses. I'm not sure that Baylor is any better or worse than other schools. What is concerning is they seem to be following the same mistakes as in the past.

Personal note. The few days that I was not under a law school deadline, I really thought the undergrad students were incredibly smart, happy, enjoyed the Baylor experience, and were not in any more danger of assault than students at TCU.

If that person was female and she wanted to date or even be friends with a boy, I would want to meet the young man as soon as possible.

If that young man disrespected my loved one, he would be invited on an all expense paid trip to my Deer Camp in west Texas.;););):mad::D

Your Baylor is showing....

Frog DJ

Wes,

Observations:

I have immense respect for Froglaw in general, and his observances on the law in particular.

I completely agree with his assessment in points #1 and 3, and it seems obvious that BU's dogmatic refusal to change some procedures are at the heart and soul of the problem. Utilizing the better qualified Waco PD and correcting the mistakes of the past would be productive, no-brainer first steps.

As to point #2 - speeding up the Title IX process doesn't seem to be a problem at other schools, and I don't quite understand why it continues to plague Baylor. As a life-long Southern Baptist, I am greatly troubled by this ongoing scandal, and have repeatedly expressed my disgust to those in charge.

Something has to change!

Go Frogs!

Eight

I have immense respect for Froglaw in general, and his observances on the law in particular.

I completely agree with his assessment in points #1 and 3, and it seems obvious that BU's dogmatic refusal to change some procedures are at the heart and soul of the problem. Utilizing the better qualified Waco PD and correcting the mistakes of the past would be productive, no-brainer first steps.

As to point #2 - speeding up the Title IX process doesn't seem to be a problem at other schools, and I don't quite understand why it continues to plague Baylor. As a life-long Southern Baptist, I am greatly troubled by this ongoing scandal, and have repeatedly expressed my disgust to those in charge.

Something has to change!

Go Frogs!

unfortunately it is not the first nor the last time individuals were sacrificed for the "great good" of an institution or organization.

as long as baylor is protected from the organizations that do have the authority to truly investigate what has and is going on at that campus nothing will change.

HToady

So the fact that sexual assaults continue to occur between football players and the female population, even though there is supposed to be measures put in place to prevent this, doesn't speak of lack of institutional control?

Every time I see another story about Baylor, I envision the folks at the NCAA and Big 12 yelling real loud while sticking their fingers in their ears.

Eight

So the fact that sexual assaults continue to occur between football players and the female population, even though there is supposed to be measures put in place to prevent this, doesn't speak of lack of institutional control?

Every time I see another story about Baylor, I envision the folks at the NCAA and Big 12 yelling real loud while sticking their fingers in their ears.

ncaa has shown time and time again they do not want to wade into a school's legal issues with athletes. been that way for decades and the only reason it happened at penn state was due to public outrage.

what ncaa rules were broken at penn state? unfortunately the criminal code is no the jurisdiction of the ncaa and if crimes against human decency were a true problem for them they would have stepped in at numerous institutions.

i will say it again the issue is not the resources to keep this quiet on the baylor campus, but the political pull being used in this state. does anyone truly believe paxton is going to turn the rangers loose on baylor and law enforcement agencies in and around waco that have covered this up.

Brog

Here's a good posting from one of the BaylorFans members. He's got a good sense of humor.

What I want is some more specific information. Just what, exactly, did these two guys do to the horses? And did the horses agree, or even lead them on? And were the horses drunk when this happened?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
one of the problems is exactly what jurisdiction does the ncaa have in criminal matters?

everyone will point the sanctions involving penn state, but one argument made against the sanctions was the ncaa was overstepping their authority in that matter because they have no authority in criminal matters.

i am not saying i agree with what happened at penn st. or happened/happening at baylor nor that the institutions should not be punished. merely that the ncaa struggles to enforce the rules they do have authority over and i have issues with organizations overstepping their authority.

the corruption that has helped shield and is shielding baylor extends beyond baylor and that is the bigger issue here.
Good question and I sure as heck don't have the answer but they can claim lack of institutional control, or so I think they can. All member schools sign the same agreement to maintain those controls, so as I see it that with all the has happened and continues to happen, they might be able to use that for leverage

dawg

tumblr_oksd64DiIP1w0433po1_500.gif

If my daughter had a full ride to Waco Institute of Rape, I'd pay full price for her to go elsewhere. I'll say it another way: I'd pay for her to go to aggy*, yes aggy, rather than accept a full ride to the Waco Institute of Rape.

*I'm raising her right, so no way she'd ever go full aggy. Just making a point.

Eight

Good question and I sure as heck don't have the answer but they can claim lack of institutional control, or so I think they can. All member schools sign the same agreement to maintain those controls, so as I see it that with all the has happened and continues to happen, they might be able to use that for leverage

which requires the ncaa to take a stand. remember that in the case of penn state it was not until penn state released the freeh report the the ncaa "leapt" into action.

unfortunately, baylor hasn't released a similar report and i don't see the report from that philadelphia law firm ever being released for public review.

without any evidence the ncaa is not going to act on conjecture and after what happened with miami and the shapiro fiasco they aren't going to use any evidence they can not show was rightfully and legally acquired.