• The KillerFrogs

And the beat goes on at Baylor

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Wish you gave a summary instead of giving them clicks.

n5ip1c.png

WACO, Texas (KWTX) At least two redshirt Baylor football players are being investigated in connection with a sexual assault report involving members of the school's Equestrian team, according to several sources with direct knowledge of the situation.

The incident allegedly occurred at the University Parks Apartments near campus overnight on Nov. 11 into the early morning hours of Nov. 12 after the Baylor football team lost to Texas Tech at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.

Baylor’s online crime log says the incident was reported on Nov. 14 as “Alcohol-Minors Consuming/Sexual Assault,” and was referred to the school’s Judicial Affairs and Title IX offices, but two heavily redacted police reports obtained by KWTX say only that campus officers took a report of a sexual assault.

Both are students and four to five sources familiar with the incident say both are members of the schools equestrian team.

The reports indicate four suspects were interviewed—all of them students.

At least two of them were redshirt football players, the sources say.

The criminal case report indicates that pictures and images were taken into evidence, and sources say that video was recorded of the incident and may have been posted on social media.

KWTX asked the school to confirm the information, but hasn't gotten an answer.

The reports also show that at least four witnesses identified as Baylor faculty or staff members were interviewed.

We asked the university whether those individuals were athletic department employees or coaches, but did not get a direct response.

The university has also not answered questions about the status of the two players, who, as redshirts, would not have been on the field, but typically would have stood on the sidelines at home games.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The original fiasco was tragic enough, but really?!? These morons that did this obviously failed “current events”. You’d think kids would be walking on eggshells down there now.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
The original fiasco was tragic enough, but really?!? These morons that did this obviously failed “current events”. You’d think kids would be walking on eggshells down there now.
Murder, rape, etc..its part of the Baylor culture now.

Seriously, until the Big 12 or NCAA takes some serious action, this thing is going to continue

If they make it hurt for Baylor then maybe some of this will change

And parents just need to tell their daughters ( and sons ) "you aren't going there." When admissions start to head south and the revenue they bring with them, then you'll start seeing some changes

Froglaw

Wes,

I understand the reactions expressed so far in this thread.

Observations:

1. The complaining students did not contact Waco PD. Baylor PD are NOT equipped to investigate sexual assault complaints. Waco PD is so qualified. TCU's procedure is to immediately call in FWPD realizing the disparity in resources.

2. Evidently the Baylor Title IX office is investigating. Appears to be a very slow process.

3. Sexual assault happens on all campuses. I'm not sure that Baylor is any better or worse than other schools. What is concerning is they seem to be following the same mistakes as in the past.

Personal note. The few days that I was not under a law school deadline, I really thought the undergrad students were incredibly smart, happy, enjoyed the Baylor experience, and were not in any more danger of assault than students at TCU.

I would not hesitate to send a loved one to Baylor.

If that person was female and she wanted to date or even be friends with a boy, I would want to meet the young man as soon as possible.

If that young man disrespected my loved one, he would be invited on an all expense paid trip to my Deer Camp in west Texas.;););):mad::D

BABYFACE

Law,

The problem is all the sexual assaults by Baylor players that were covered up during Briles tenure by him and his staff. It didn’t stop there. It went to the AD then up the ladder to University administration. That doesn’t happen everywhere at other colleges. Sexual assault does, but not mass coverup at all levels.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Wes,

I understand the reactions expressed so far in this thread.

Observations:

1. The complaining students did not contact Waco PD. Baylor PD are NOT equipped to investigate sexual assault complaints. Waco PD is so qualified. TCU's procedure is to immediately call in FWPD realizing the disparity in resources.

2. Evidently the Baylor Title IX office is investigating. Appears to be a very slow process.

3. Sexual assault happens on all campuses. I'm not sure that Baylor is any better or worse than other schools. What is concerning is they seem to be following the same mistakes as in the past.

Personal note. The few days that I was not under a law school deadline, I really thought the undergrad students were incredibly smart, happy, enjoyed the Baylor experience, and were not in any more danger of assault than students at TCU.

I would not hesitate to send a loved one to Baylor.

If that person was female and she wanted to date or even be friends with a boy, I would want to meet the young man as soon as possible.

If that young man disrespected my loved one, he would be invited on an all expense paid trip to my Deer Camp in west Texas.;););):mad::D
Thanks Frog Law..You're the legal mind and my opinions are reactionary

However I do think that perception is reality and unfortunately, the perception of Baylor at this moment is one of a green and gold cesspool.

Perhaps the league and the NCAA need to set a zero tolerance policy on this because the more pressure put on the school, then more pressure dribbles down to the perps.

As for sending a loved one to Baylor, I would hesitate but thats an easy one for me as both of my kids went to SEC schools. I know, I know. I failed as a parent

TCUdirtbag

I’ll let this play out. It is possible that Baylor is handling this process appropriately. At least it doesn’t appear it’s being systematically covered up. And that’s a step.

It is sad to hear the culture hasn’t changed overnight under Rhule, but it’s not surprising. That will take time, and sadly sexual assault happens on every campus.

PhillyFrog

One of their problems is that they have not been able to hire a permanent T-9 director. They've gone through a lot of turnover.

The temp they currently have is very qualified but commutes from Philadelphia.

Failure to attract and retain competent personnel for such a high-profile job is a remarkably clear failure of leadership at the top of the pyramid.

I fart in their general direction.