. . . . and so it begins. Run Joe Run!

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by Nick Danger, Apr 30, 2017.

1. #1 Nick Danger, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Joe Biden 2020

Run Joe Run!

Let's see: Moderate populist policy stances . . . check!

Popular "Old-school" white male politician . . . . check!

He's not Hillary . . . . check!

He's not Elizabeth Warren nor Bernie Sanders . . . . check!

Trump's Presidency continues to implode . . . . check!

Looks like he's "good to go" if he decides to run, since I doubt "Uncle Joe" will make the same boneheaded mistakes Hillary made. :cool:

2. Wishful thinking. Joe is no better than any of the others you mentioned. He's not even as smart as Warren, just as stupid as Bernie, and almost as crooked as Hillary.

3. #3 Nick Danger, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Really? What are you basing those four assertions on . . . . your personal observations? Also, how would you rank Biden's "smarts" and honesty against Trump's, which would be a more relevant comparison?

Trump has a well-documented lack of interest in acquiring information as he doesn't see the need to read "background" papers on upcoming issues or what is in all the Executive Orders he signs, or even what's in the bills he supposedly supports (such as the recently failed Healthcare bill), and is disinterested to the point of distraction in briefings with his staff, while making policy decisions based solely on segments he's seen on Fox & Friends.

In regards to his "honesty", he's been so honest and above-board in his business dealings that he's the subject of countless lawsuits! Many of which were filed for "bad faith" business dealings. Additionally, he's already reneged on multiple campaign promises (can you say Bait & Switch? Sure ya' can) that voters will remember should he actually try and run on them again in 2020!

Drain the Swamp

Lower Drug Prices
    Support American Steel
    Support "Coal Country"
    Bring back blue-collar jobs

And we're only a hundred days in . . . .

4. The 2020 nominee will be someone like:

Kamala Harris
    Sherrod Brown
    Cory Booker
    Kirsten Gillibrand

Obama generation or younger, no Clinton-esque baggage, and liberal.

All four are about to have big moments when TrumpCare goes to the senate. They'll have a chance to take the national platform. Will be interesting to see if any leverage it

5. Too late. Even if he did decide to run his party would sell him out again.

6. He would be 79 when inaugurated.

7. Probably still thinking of pulling his head out of his ass but he won't do that either.

8. In all fairness, that is his safe space

9. For those that may be interested in getting in on the ground floor, here's a link to "Uncle Joe's" Political Action Committee . . .

American Possibilities

10. NEIL KINNOCK at Welsh Labour Party conference May 1987:

"Why am I the first Kinnock in a thousand generations to be able to get to university? Was it because our predecessors were thick? Does anybody really think that they didn't get what we had because they didn't have the talent or the strength or the endurance or the commitment? Of course not. It was because there was no platform upon which they could stand"

JOE BIDEN IN Sept 1987 during his first presidential campaign:

"Why is it that Joe Biden is the first in his family ever to go a university? Why is it that my wife... is the first in her family to ever go to college? Is it because our fathers and mothers were not bright? ...Is it because they didn't work hard? My ancestors who worked in the coal mines of northeast Pennsylvania and would come after 12 hours and play football for four hours? It's because they didn't have a platform on which to stand."

11. The MSMs depiction of the Trump Administration is pure fiction. He's accomplished more for those who supported him in 7 months than Obama did in 8 years for his sycophants. Gorsuch alone is worth his 4 years. And yet he's spurred economic activity not see for 13 years, suppressed illegal border crossings by 78%, is forcing NK to put up or shut up, is starting on tax reform (which will double the economic activity mentioned above), and he's still working on health care. The thing that's pissing off Americans is that Obamacare is HURTING people--not helping people. Only the nutters on the left believe otherwise.

12. You are on fire today, and I like it. I'm not good to argue with Dems.
    The last time I tried to match wits with one, he pulled his phone on me
    and threatened to text me into submission. I tell you, it's tough out there.

13. #16 Nick Danger, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Looks like the 2020 Presidential race has officially started with the first announced Democratic candidate.

Trumps first confirmed opponent.

Will this guy win . . . naw, but I found the basic takeaway from the article interesting!

I guess these folks didn't know that Trump plans on running on his "record", as reported above! :confused::eek:

14. Trump has a big Joe Biden problem!

15. He will be 77 in 2020 and, if he won, would be 78 at the inauguration. No.

Dems need to run a younger candidate without a bunch of baggage. I expect Harris, Garcetti, etc.