• The KillerFrogs

Amazing what happens when you RUN the

TCUSA

Hill is a serviceble QB when he's handing it off or throwing behind the LOS. But let's not pretend he's anything but an OK (and barely that) college QB when he throws beyond 5 yds downfield.

Deep Purple

Any blind commitment to a single offensive strategy, be it run or pass, is simply myopic. A smart offense reacts to the game dynamic and takes whatever the defense is giving them. If it's ground yards, you run the ball. If it's air yards, you pass. If it's a mixture, you do both.

But you never -- NEVER -- make an a-priori commitment to a predetermined offensive philosophy regardless of what the defense is doing. That's the way to lose ball games.

f_399

Spoiled by Boykin-Doctson.

Anything less is a failure?

If we expect very future QB to perform like Boykin did with Doctson... It will probably never happen again. Need to adjust expectations and we have a great coach that can adjust as well.

Just like A&M trying to find their groove back with Manziel... Including their head coach.

cdsfrog

Its not amazing. We had a bad coach for OL for years, and its been bad for half a decade. Now its as good as its been since 2010

WRs still pissed me off. 3 huge drops of 31 pass attempts. All great throws.

Both of you guys should try out for QB. My guess is neither of you have played a down of football in your life. Losers

Look, I don't agree wth bashing any TCU player but you need thicker skin.

Ask any former player at this level. Criticism comes with the territory. if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Wexahu

Those of you clamoring for Robinson already, get a grip. Hill is from from perfect but he's not terrible at all. I think there's some really unrealistic expectations on what a true freshman can do. You saw us play Georgia last year and their true freshman "5-star, #3 recruit in the entire country last year QB". They completely leaned on their running game to keep him from making mistakes. He was like a deer in headlights out there.

SR wasn't nearly as highly touted as Eason and you think he could just go out there and sling it around like TB#2 from the get go?

Ridiculous.

cheese83

Those of you clamoring for Robinson already, get a grip. Hill is from from perfect but he's not terrible at all. I think there's some really unrealistic expectations on what a true freshman can do. You saw us play Georgia last year and their true freshman "5-star, #3 recruit in the entire country last year QB". They completely leaned on their running game to keep him from making mistakes. He was like a deer in headlights out there.

SR wasn't nearly as highly touted as Eason and you think he could just go out there and sling it around like TB#2 from the get go?

Ridiculous.

Agreed, people get all caught up in rankings and often forget experience and age matter a ton.
Kenny isn't lighting it up but made plays when we needed him to. That ball to Turpin wasn't a horrible pass and that DB just ripped it out of Turp's hands. Minus that and a few errant throws I thought he managed the game well. If we don't have that botched snap in the redzone we would have been sitting pretty working the clock with our run game. We took what the D gave us.

We win 28-7 on the road and people are already talking about our backup QB?!?

Limp Lizard

Both of you guys should try out for QB. My guess is neither of you have played a down of football in your life. Losers
I did play football(HS level), but so what? Some non players may see things I don't. I never played the piano, but I can sure hear it when the player is bad.

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

But an offense like yesterday will not cut it against Oky State. Oky State will score points on anybody.
OTOH, loved that power formation with Olonilua and its execution.

ftwfrog

But an offense like yesterday will not cut it against Oky State. Oky State will score points on anybody.
OTOH, loved that power formation with Olonilua and its execution.
You underestimate our defense. And I might be overrating it but damn our DLine and DBs looked night and day better yesterday. And when you control the all and the clock it's hard for the other team to score at will.

Like I said, I may be overrating our defense but I'm thinking (more hoping) that the days of 55-51 type games are over.

Limp Lizard

You underestimate our defense. And I might be overrating it but damn our DLine and DBs looked night and day better yesterday. And when you control the all and the clock it's hard for the other team to score at will.

Like I said, I may be overrating our defense but I'm thinking (more hoping) that the days of 55-51 type games are over.
Don't think I am underestimating our Defense, just think Oky St is very very good. Not going to hold them to 7 points. I would be really happy with 21. Our offense has the talent to score more than that against anyone, but first we have to learn how to pass the ball. Way too early to be calling for Robinson, though.