• The KillerFrogs

Aggies losing to Wake....

froginaustin

Following the SWC experience, I don’t see B12 ever having more than four Texas members and no more than 5 P5 schools total in Texas.

Agree. No matter how good TCU was ( or how good UHouston might get), I doubt there will ever be 5 B12 teams from Texas. I remember a non-sober DeLoss Dodds being quoted in the sports media saying Big TV wanted 4 and only 4 B12 teams based in Texas, at the time TCU joined. Of course Dodds enjoyed saying things he thought would annoy Aggy.

flyfishingfrog

It never seems to occur to Aggy that their problem has always been that they are Aggy and everything that they hold dear (the “traditions”, College Station, their little brother complex, fat coeds, the ring being so important, etc) is really what keeps them down because you either buy into the cult or you think they are over the top and want no part of it - which chases off most people that are actually capable of being winners.

Dogfrog

So what I hear you saying is that if Ag wanted to return they would not be welcome. I just don’t buy that. I get the preference but preferences are often mitigated by survival needs.

What I think is your premise will never ever happen. Arkansas is another matter.

Pharm Frog

What I think is your premise will never ever happen. Arkansas is another matter.

The premise that the Big 12 will not allow five Texas teams was not mine. I tested the premise with a hypothetical. It is quite fair to argue that the hypothetical will not happen. That's fine but the most accurate conclusion would then be that Ag doesn't want to return to the Big 12 not that the Big 12 would reject them because they are located in Texas.

Chongo94

Ags so upset. Guy at beer store just now behind the counter:

Me in my TCU shirt: Hi.
Ag: You must be happy...
Me: About what?
Ag: About beating Missouri.
Me: Um, yeah..., thanks. ?

I mean they probably are but honestly, that's just an Aggie being an Aggie. Those darners aren't ever working with the sharpest tacks if you get what I'm saying.

Dogfrog

The premise that the Big 12 will not allow five Texas teams was not mine. I tested the premise with a hypothetical. It is quite fair to argue that the hypothetical will not happen. That's fine but the most accurate conclusion would then be that Ag doesn't want to return to the Big 12 not that the Big 12 would reject them because they are located in Texas.

No, your premise was that A&M might one day want back in the B12. Never happens.

Pharm Frog

No, your premise was that A&M might one day want back in the B12. Never happens.

That was never my premise. You can argue with the hypothetical test (as you are doing) but that wasn’t the premise. And nobody appears to be willing or able to argue that the “premise” of a cap on Texas schools that would have kept and still be keeping TCU out is something that cannot nor has not changed over time and circumstances.

Dogfrog

That was never my premise. You can argue with the hypothetical test (as you are doing) but that wasn’t the premise. And nobody appears to be willing or able to argue that the “premise” of a cap on Texas schools that would have kept and still be keeping TCU out is something that cannot nor has not changed over time and circumstances.

There are typically multiple premises in an argument.