• The KillerFrogs

Actually looking forward to seeing what Robinson can do starting.

Wexahu

I certainly hope you are right and their stadium remains empty come Saturday. That being said, I would think there would be a much greater turnout for a game vs a regional rival having a good season in TCU than one featuring KState & and a 1-8 Baylor team.

I think there is an irrational fear around here about playing in Lubbock. Good grief, so they might have a few fans in the stands....it's still football between the lines. Since we've joined the Big 12, Tech's record in Lubbock in conference games is 8-15.

We're the better team, go win the game, just like almost every other better team does when they go to Lubbock.

netty2424

I think there is an irrational fear around here about playing in Lubbock. Good grief, so they might have a few fans in the stands....it's still football between the lines. Since we've joined the Big 12, Tech's record in Lubbock in conference games is 8-15.

We're the better team, go win the game, just like almost every other better team does when they go to Lubbock.
You got it all figured out Wex.

But here's a series snap shot between the two programs since joining B12.

Series: Texas Tech leads 31-25-3. The teams have split the last six meetings. Texas Tech has won three of the five Big 12 meetings. TCU is 6-18-3 in Lubbock. A 55-52 victory in 2015 ended a four-game losing streak in Lubbock for TCU.

Don't think anyone has an "irrational fear" as you call it, but most recognize that it can traditionally be a tough place to play.

Even with Boykin, Doctson, and AG, it took a once in a lifetime play to win last time in Lubbock.

Planks

Series: Texas Tech leads 31-25-3. The teams have split the last six meetings. Texas Tech has won three of the five Big 12 meetings. TCU is 6-18-3 in Lubbock. A 55-52 victory in 2015 ended a four-game losing streak in Lubbock for TCU.

Don't think anyone has an "irrational fear" as you call it, but most recognize that it can traditionally be a tough place to play.

Even with Boykin, Doctson, and AG, it took a once in a lifetime play to win last time in Lubbock.

This. I don’t care how bad Tech is against the rest of the world, they are always a tough game for TCU.

Since joining the conference, TCU has played Tech five times. It’s lead to three losses, another game we would have lost save for a miracle play, and a blow out win.

Wexahu

I don't know why that's necessary.

Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State, West Virginia and Kansas State are 12-2 in Lubbock since we joined the league. It must just be a TCU thing then because the other better programs in the league don't have much trouble there at all. I'd say you could make the argument that every place not on your home field is a traditionally tough place to play.

Agreed, good post. The results have not been good for TCU in Lubbock. Hopefully like you said the fans have checked out and it's a more welcoming environment come Saturday. We need all the breaks we can get while visiting Lubbock.

This. I don’t care how bad Tech is against the rest of the world, they are always a tough game for TCU.

Since joining the conference, TCU has played Tech five times. It’s lead to three losses, another game we would have lost save for a miracle play, and a blow out win.

Well said, I don't understand why so many think this game is a lay up. Tech has always been a very tough game for the Frogs and I expect that tradition to continue come Saturday.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I for one don't believe what GP is trying sell the media about KH being injured. Sounds more like the usual GP playing head games. I also never thought I would hear KH being compared in the same sentence as Tom Brady. If that were the case, we would be undefeated, and #1 or #2 being talked about as possible National Champions! I love this group! Lol

TooColdU

Think it helps that we are playing in Lubbock much later in the season than the previous two visits.

Since joining the Big XII, each time we have played in Lubbock both teams were undefeated and it was the first conference game of the season. Those factors will definitely get a crowd hyped for a game.

Last edited:

Spike

url

Based upon your description Sean Robinson is Uncle Rico.

They are 1 and the same.

Tom Brown

2 ot games and a tipped ball win in the 5

netty2424

I don't know why that's necessary.

Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State, West Virginia and Kansas State are 12-2 in Lubbock since we joined the league. It must just be a TCU thing then because the other better programs in the league don't have much trouble there at all. I'd say you could make the argument that every place not on your home field is a traditionally tough place to play.
Probably isn't. It's just the nature of your post I guess and how you seem to put yourself on an island of knowledge that no one else seems to possess by telling everyone else that they have an "irrational fear." Seems a bit much to me, and I think the series data proves that there's always room for concern going into Lubbock. And to your point, on the road in general I guess.

If you would've asked me 4-5 weeks ago, I personally wasn't sweating Tech. But seeing how our offense has sputtered in the last 3 weeks or so, this game has he potential to be a little tougher than some probably expected. Add the odd KH "injury" to it and this game just got a little tougher imo.

Hopefully if SR gets the call, he grows up right before our eyes. I for one am excited to watch him play.

Wexahu

Probably isn't. It's just the nature of your post I guess and how you seem to put yourself on an island of knowledge that no one else seems to possess by telling everyone else that they have an "irrational fear." Seems a bit much to me, and I think the series data proves that there's always room for concern going into Lubbock. And to your point, on the road in general I guess.

If you would've asked me 4-5 weeks ago, I personally wasn't sweating Tech. But seeing how our offense has sputtered in the last 3 weeks or so, this game has he potential to be a little tougher than some probably expected. Add the odd KH "injury" to it and this game just got a little tougher imo.

Hopefully if SR gets the call, he grows up right before our eyes. I for one am excited to watch him play.

I too am excited to watch him play, should be interesting. Back to the original point though, which conference venue (outside of Kansas and Baylor this year of course) would you feel MORE comfortable with SR getting his feet wet? Morgantown? Austin? Stillwater? Norman? Manhattan? Ames? There aren’t many easy places to play. People just seem to think of Lubbock as almost a mythical place where it’s so hard to win, but there’s really not much evidence of that. Tech’s home record is actually very poor.

netty2424

I too am excited to watch him play, should be interesting. Back to the original point though, which conference venue (outside of Kansas and Baylor this year of course) would you feel MORE comfortable with SR getting his feet wet? Morgantown? Austin? Stillwater? Norman? Manhattan? Ames? There aren’t many easy places to play. People just seem to think of Lubbock as almost a mythical place where it’s so hard to win, but there’s really not much evidence of that. Tech’s home record is actually very poor.
I'd prefer Ft Worth, but we aren't playing there this week.

Regarding the Lubbock topic, you have a very different view than most, which honestly seems to be a pattern in the majority of your posts. Don't mean that to be a shot or being negative, just seems to often be the case.

The perception of Lubbock being a difficult place to play is also shared by the head coach of our football program. I'll take his word on that.

Wexahu

I'd prefer Ft Worth, but we aren't playing there this week.

Regarding the Lubbock topic, you have a very different view than most, which honestly seems to be a pattern in the majority of your posts. Don't mean that to be a shot or being negative, just seems to often be the case.

The perception of Lubbock being a difficult place to play is also shared by the head coach of our football program. I'll take his word on that.

I agree with you and others quite a bit, it probably just doesn’t seem like it because if I agree, there really isn’t much more to say so I normally don’t respond to those posts.

Let’s just say road venues in the Big 12 outside of Lawrence are never “easy” places to play, and if SR is going to get thrown in there during conference play, the options for an easy, comfortable setting are few and far between. Playing In Lubbock going up against that defense isn’t the worst situation he could be in by a long shot.