• The KillerFrogs

Actually looking forward to seeing what Robinson can do starting.

TCURiggs

Will be a no win situation with some here:
Robinson plays great, why didn't we play him all year?
Robinson really struggles, nail biting ensues for next nine months.

Personally want to give him a shot. You don't want his first true test to be at the beginning of a fresh new season.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that. I hope he plays more the rest of the way, but I hope Kenny is good to go in Lubbock... don't want Robinson to have to handle the whole game in Lubbock in his first start.

tcumaniac

Well that's a lot different than saying "the only real chance we have is Robinson."
I'll play along with Stinnettfrog's argument.

I appreciate Kenny Hill and what he's done for our program, but unfortunately, I think it's been proven more than once that while we can be good with Kenny, I don't think we can be great (especially with #6 out).

To me, Kenny's ceiling doesn't make us competitive enough to dominate the rest of the season and have any realistic argument to be considered for the playoff.

If Kenny is out, and Shawn came in and was just stupid good, I think you could argue TCU should be considered for a playoff spot if enough chaos happened. We don't know how good Shawn can be, so theoretically there's a chance.

We do, however, know what we have with Kenny- a decent QB that the coaches don't seem to fully trust. And knowing that, I don't think we have a real chance with him.

MinFrog

I appreciate Kenny Hill and what he's done for our program, but unfortunately, I think it's been proven more than once that while we can be good with Kenny, I don't think we can be great (especially with #6 out).

To me, Kenny's ceiling doesn't make us competitive enough to dominate the rest of the season and have any realistic argument to be considered for the playoff.

If Kenny is out, and Shawn came in and was just stupid good, I think you could argue TCU should be considered for a playoff spot if enough chaos happened. We don't know how good Shawn can be, so theoretically there's a chance.

We do, however, know what we have with Kenny- a decent QB that the coaches don't seem to fully trust. And knowing that, I don't think we have a real chance with him.

We would also have a coaching staff that has been watching a stupid good QB for a year now and still starting hill over him.

Maybe he is like ty and is a great QB on saturdays and not in practice, but that is unlikely

With that said, my guess is that SR is good enough to beat tech playing the whole game.

But my guess is they start hill with the hope that we can get a 2-3 score lead and let SR play with a lead, rather than have SR play tied or behind on the road.

TCURiggs

I'm sure you and a lot of others didn't see us being in this position with Kenny at the helm either. Most seemed to think that we couldn't even be good team with him under center, yet here we are. Now it's changed to "well yeah, but we probably can't be great and get into the playoffs." It's just a beating.

You can continue to "what if" and "in theory" this thing to death, but the reality is that it's very unlikely that we'd be better off starting a Freshman in his first college start on the road in Lubbock while they're fighting for a bowl game. Yes, it's possible that he could perform better, but it's very unlikely. I guarantee you the coaches will start Kenny if he's even close to 100%. Everyone wants Shawn to play more to be ready for next season, and he will, but they're not going to start him on Saturday unless they have to.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I'm sure you and a lot of others didn't see us being in this position with Kenny at the helm either. Most seemed to think that we couldn't even be good team with him under center, yet here we are. Now it's changed to "well yeah, but we probably can't be great and get into the playoffs." It's just a beating.

You can continue to "what if" and "in theory" this thing to death, but the reality is that it's very unlikely that we'd be better off starting a Freshman in his first college start on the road in Lubbock while they're fighting for a bowl game. Yes, it's possible that he could perform better, but it's very unlikely. I guarantee you the coaches will start Kenny if he's even close to 100%. Everyone wants Shawn to play more to be ready for next season, and he will, but they're not going to start him on Saturday unless they have to.
Preach.

Frog-in-law1995

url

Based upon your description Sean Robinson is Uncle Rico.

Who?

CountryFrog

SR is the future and someone people should be very excited about. That being said, starting true freshman QB for first time on the road in a very difficult environment against a desperate team looking for win #6 is hardly a recipe for success. I'd curb the expectations for Saturday.
You're usually so full of optimism. If we had Cam Newton at QB you wouldn't like our chances.

tcumaniac

Not true and not fair. I've always thought we had the potential to be good with Kenny. Go look at the season prediction thread. I picked us to go 10-2 knowing Kenny was our QB.

Ive also never been a part of the bash Kenny crowd. And I very much appreciate that he's brought us to this point and I hope he gets to finish out his career healthy and with a big 12 championship/ and a good bowl win.

Not trying to knock Kenny, but I don't think we are a playoff quality team with him at QB. I'm not saying we are with Shawn and I agree that it's EXTREMELY unlikely. But who knows. He could be incredible. Or he could be an athletic freshman with flashes of greatness, but also full of growing pains and mistakes. We don't know. But I feel like we do know with Kenny. That was my only point.

Anyway, I feel like you're too annoyed and fed up with Kenny haters to agree with me here, so I digress.