• The KillerFrogs

Actually looking forward to seeing what Robinson can do starting.

4th. down

I don't see why Robinson won't be ready. He's been in the system long enough now and has been sharing practice reps. with Kenny. Look at Iowa State for a reference - Park leaves, Kempt goes down, then Noland comes in even though OSU barely beats them, they still scored 42 points on OSU and none of those 3 QB's were as highly recruited as Robinson. Expect Robinson to play good. TT is a little weak on defense so it should be a good start for him.

W

Way of the Frog

Very true, Sam has done some good things for UT but I wouldn't say he has played well. He has struggled and a big part of that has been the issues in the offensive line and lack of talent at running back.

The young man at UGA has the advantage of a very good offensive line and running back. Fromm's performance has been solid, but he has thrown it less than 20 times a game.

In the case of Texas Sam is basically asked to carry the offense and it really hasn't faired well. Georgia is depending upon the run game and defense with Fromm asked to make plays out of play action.

W

Way of the Frog

I don't see why Robinson won't be ready. He's been in the system long enough now and has been sharing practice reps. with Kenny. Look at Iowa State for a reference - Park leaves, Kempt goes down, then Noland comes in even though OSU barely beats them, they still scored 42 points on OSU and none of those 3 QB's were as highly recruited as Robinson. Expect Robinson to play good. TT is a little weak on defense so it should be a good start for him.

One difference is Noland is in his second year in college so he isn't having to make the adjustment of living away from home, going to classes, and mastering the quarterback position at a high level.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
SR is the future and someone people should be very excited about. That being said, starting true freshman QB for first time on the road in a very difficult environment against a desperate team looking for win #6 is hardly a recipe for success. I'd curb the expectations for Saturday.
Of course you would. Just like you said we should against UT.

H0RNEDFR0G

Very true, Sam has done some good things for UT but I wouldn't say he has played well. He has struggled and a big part of that has been the issues in the offensive line and lack of talent at running back.

The young man at UGA has the advantage of a very good offensive line and running back. Fromm's performance has been solid, but he has thrown it less than 20 times a game.

In the case of Texas Sam is basically asked to carry the offense and it really hasn't faired well. Georgia is depending upon the run game and defense with Fromm asked to make plays out of play action.

Sam E's o-line is atrocious.
TCU has averaged 30 passes per game, the only team with less in our conference is KState with 22. Better to not ask much of a Freshman than a Sr. We have the most rushing attempts in conference, with Anderson out we should adjust our pass/run mix.

SwissArmyFrog

While it is a road game, I don't see Tech this year as being a big-game environment. They had a ton of empty seats couple of weeks ago (in the first half). They just beat Baylor (yawn), but Tech is way down this year. Be interesting to get him some playing time, but I have a hard time believing he'll get it unless we're blowing them out (which I doubt very much will happen.

Not to mention we still have a chance to win the B12. Hard to see Gary making much of a QB change...unless he really feels that SR might be able to get us over the OU hump if we give him a couple of games to get ready.

We'll see!

Last edited:

Joe1000

I'm going to beat the dead horse but Hill hasn't been making mistakes, he just hasn't been making any big plays. I think you will see those things flipped with SR.

Wait what? Are you referencing just the OU game? If so I agree. If you meant like...all year, I present the Iowa St game???

MAcFroggy

Am I the only one here that cares about winning the Big 12? Kenny Hill playing this weekend and every other weekend this season gives us the best chance to win each game and potentially the big 12 championship game. If we were 6-4 or 3-7, then I would be totally fine seeing what Robinson can do. We still have a lot to play for this season, and Hill playing is the best option.

crash813

Yep, no way we change QB's now. We have 2 games to go for a Big 12 championship grudge match. Both games are super winnable. 10-2 and 8-4 are huge differences. I was never in love with Hill's game but if he can manage the game and get the next two wins, then keep him in there.

FrogLifeYo

If your playing to the kids talents in the same way you played to KH's than it's going to be hard not to let him throw the ball. SR has an NFL arm right now...No idea if he can read a defense or feel pocket pressure but he can throw it over a mountain

W

Way of the Frog

url

Based upon your description Sean Robinson is Uncle Rico.

Last edited by a moderator:

ifrog

Am I the only one here that cares about winning the Big 12? Kenny Hill playing this weekend and every other weekend this season gives us the best chance to win each game and potentially the big 12 championship game. If we were 6-4 or 3-7, then I would be totally fine seeing what Robinson can do. We still have a lot to play for this season, and Hill playing is the best option.

Nope but some would rather see TCU lose as long as the QB looks better than Hill so they can say “I told you so” and feed their ego.

But I trust in GP. If Hill is injured, it’s next man up and I’ll support and defend Robinson as much as I have Hill. Robinson is our future and I’m excited to see what he can do when he can play without restrictions.

StinnettFrog

Even though Kenny has QB'd us through 10 games to still have a (slim) chance at said playoffs.

Dear God, please make ridiculous comments like this stop.
Point being if we played better with Robinson than we did with Hill an argument could be made. Honestly I don't really care about your opinion either.

texas_sicilian

Will be a no win situation with some here:
Robinson plays great, why didn't we play him all year?
Robinson really struggles, nail biting ensues for next nine months.

Personally want to give him a shot. You don't want his first true test to be at the beginning of a fresh new season.