• The KillerFrogs

According to the BYU AD office the MWC is doing this

Armadillo

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 11 2010, 02:50 PM) [snapback]574856[/snapback]
The BCS has also informed the Mtn West that if they do get BCS status in 2011 and the Big12 collapses, the Mtn West is "very likely" to take over the BCS Fiesta Bowl auto-bid hosting slot.

The Fiesta bowl has a contract with the Big 12 which states that the Fiesta Bowl will invite the champion of the Big 12 to play in it's bowl game, UNLESS the champion is selected to the National Champion game. There is a clause in that contract which states that if the Big 12 ceases to exist (or a number of any other large changes scale changes to the conference makeup), that contract becomes null and void. The Fiesta Bowl would then be free to pursue agreements with other so called auto-qualifying conferences.

IF the newly designed Pac 16 (or whatever it's going to be called if it actually expands to 16 teams) is rewarded with 2 BCS bids, then it's entirely likely the Fiesta Bowl would create a new agreement with the PAC 16 East Division.

HFrog1999

QUOTE(FFL @ Jun 11 2010, 10:50 AM) [snapback]574942[/snapback]
Why not reform the Big 12 by taking the 5 remaining teams and adding TCU, Boise St, BYU, Utah, Air Force, Colorado St. and New Mexico or if not Colorado St. and New Mexico, pick two top teams from the WAC or CUSA. The new Big 12.

It's the only way to get rid of the bottom feeders in the MWC.

Because we're the MWC and they Big 12 is dead. We don't want the bottom feeders of the Big 12 either and we should be loyal to the teams that wanted us in the MWC and not the teams that dissed us in the Big 12.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
If the MWC gets an AQ slot, I'm not so worried about whether the conference gets a deal with any of the BCS bowls. If anything, not being an anchor allows for some flexibility.

froginaustin

QUOTE(FFL @ Jun 11 2010, 10:50 AM) [snapback]574942[/snapback]
Why not reform the Big 12 by taking the 5 remaining teams and adding TCU, Boise St, BYU, Utah, Air Force, Colorado St. and New Mexico or if not Colorado St. and New Mexico, pick two top teams from the WAC or CUSA. The new Big 12.

It's the only way to get rid of the bottom feeders in the MWC.

And replace MWC teams with former B12 bottom feeders? Bleh.

713frog

baylor stated that is wants to stick with the texas schools.

they will get their wish...bc in c-usa there is uh, rice and smu :laugh:

YA

Rumor on MWC board is utah gets its invite today since a$m is going to SEC. That the left behind Kansas, et al Big 12 teams to the Big East (also on CUSA board) and that the MWC gets Boise. The big 10 adds ND and Mizzu along of course with nebraska and then waits to take rutgers and syracuse at later date.

The next round is in the SEC court.

QUOTE(wes @ Jun 11 2010, 11:47 AM) [snapback]574940[/snapback]
This lady does

airplane7a.jpg

That has to be one of the all-time funniest scenes in a movie ever.

Waccy Frog

"Horrid academics" at Iowa St? I mean, they're not Harvard, but they are an AAU research institution. I think they could more than hold their own with UNLV and Wyoming.

I say add as many of the Big 12 rejects as possible. Just that many more Senators fighting for the MWC down the line. And after years in the Big 12, they all have great facilities and pretty large fan bases - important factors in keeping attendance up and improving the MWC's image. Give me 50k rowdy Cyclones to offset the 10k rattling around at a UNLV or SDSU game.

JimSwinkLives!

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 11 2010, 11:34 AM) [snapback]575006[/snapback]
Rumor on MWC board is utah gets its invite today since a$m is going to SEC. That the left behind Kansas, et al Big 12 teams to the Big East (also on CUSA board) and that the MWC gets Boise. The big 10 adds ND and Mizzu along of course with nebraska and then waits to take rutgers and syracuse at later date.

The next round is in the SEC court.

No offense to the rumor mongers on the MWC board, but I'll believe all that when I see it.

QUOTE(JimSwinkLives! @ Jun 11 2010, 12:36 PM) [snapback]575012[/snapback]
No offense to the rumor mongers on the MWC board, but I'll believe all that when I see it.

Yeah. I've no doubt that Kansas is being heavily courted by the Big East and is probably pretty interested. I'm still not convinced that A&M will decide to go it alone even if it may ultimately be in their best interest to do so. And I really don't think ND is giving up independence yet. Not unless the BE is clearly dying and that doesn't seem at all clear yet ...

An-Cap Frog

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jun 11 2010, 10:11 AM) [snapback]574896[/snapback]
Nobody in Houston actually cares about UH...
I actually had season tickets to their football program even as I committed to TCU. It was fun, but nobody showed up to the Dome to see them...and they were putting up 400 passing yards a game with Ware and Klingler...

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(JimSwinkLives! @ Jun 11 2010, 11:36 AM) [snapback]575012[/snapback]

The only 'rumor' is that Boise's in. Supposedly, someone from The Mtn tweeted that there's a PC forthcoming. Everything else is board speculation on why Boise would be in now.

Listen to me....I'm trying to differentiate between rumors and speculation.....I need a drink.

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 11 2010, 12:44 PM) [snapback]575025[/snapback]
Supposedly, someone from The Mtn tweeted that there's a PC forthcoming.

All they had to do was offer us a computer to get in? Geez, I'd think the MWC could afford to hold out for a little better offer ...

Latest posts