• The KillerFrogs

According to the BYU AD office the MWC is doing this

BABYFACE

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 11 2010, 10:01 AM) [snapback]574879[/snapback]
Much of that jives with what I've been told.

While it is all speculation at this point, this is the popular scenario floating out there. I have heard more saying both Kansas schools and Boise to the MWC more than any other scenario. While it is speculation, it is the popular speculation currently.

QUOTE(George F. Will @ Jun 11 2010, 10:03 AM) [snapback]574883[/snapback]
Does anyone here speak jive?

Oh Stewardess, I speak jive...

ispeakjive.jpg

michael1999

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Jun 11 2010, 09:10 AM) [snapback]574893[/snapback]
So this would mean two divisions:

East:

TCU
Kansas
Missou
New Mexico
Air Force
Colo. St.

West:

BYU
Utah
UNLV
SDSU
Wyoming
Boise St.

I just did this myself. Alb is farther west than Laramie, so that would put UNM in the West and Wyoming in the East. Travel sucks, but I think Wyo brings more to the football table.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(icemonkee @ Jun 11 2010, 10:13 AM) [snapback]574902[/snapback]
While it'd be great to secure the Kansas schools, I have a hard time imagining that some other conference wont pick them up just because of basketball...some other conference that actually has money.

FB is driving the bus. If BB was a top priority, then KU would have received an invite from the PAC or the Big 10 during the first round of invites. However, that doesn't mean they don't get picked up later. Just saying basketball is taking a back seat to the current conference realignments going on.

yurintroubl

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Jun 11 2010, 10:10 AM) [snapback]574893[/snapback]
So this would mean two divisions:

East:

TCU
Kansas
Missou
New Mexico
Air Force
Colo. St.

West:

BYU
Utah
UNLV
SDSU
Wyoming
Boise St.

Although that right there seems right... For some reason, I just don't see them putting BYU, Utah and Boise together if Missou is not picked up...

Would they separate the Kansas teams and slide one of those three to the other division?

JimSwinkLives!

QUOTE(michael1999 @ Jun 11 2010, 10:16 AM) [snapback]574908[/snapback]
I just did this myself. Alb is farther west than Laramie, so that would put UNM in the West and Wyoming in the East. Travel sucks, but I think Wyo brings more to the football table.

The only stumbling block to that arrangement is the CSU/Wyoming rivalry. The "Border War" series has traditionally been the last game of the season for them, and both would argue, quite strenuously in fact, that they be kept together. Not saying it can't be done, but this issue would need to be resolved when determining divisional alignment.

StealthFrog

QUOTE(KillerFrog InD KitchenSink @ Jun 11 2010, 03:14 PM) [snapback]574904[/snapback]

ispeakjive.jpg

"the bro is on, didn't trip"

general125

You can always do the divisional alignments like the SEC and have one interdivisional game that doesn't rotate.

Maybe ours can be with SDSU?

Gunner

I sure don't see any magic in taking Kansas or K State. Might take Kansas and Missouri and Boise. If Kansas won't come without K State, then forget them. They can't play football anyway.

Actually, it might be better to just let those BCS teams dangle, creating headaches, lawsuits, Congressional action, setting up a play off situation. If Kansas hesitates, pass 'em by..

The funny thing is, all those Texas, Aggie, Tech guys are catching heat in Austin and the pressure down there could end up changing things. The greedy whores brought all this on themselves. It is fun to watch 'em squirm.

Remember this, the longer the UT-Ag hesitation lasts, the more likely the Big 12 remains. Those Baptist are working Austin hard and pressure is coming from Washington too.

That Pac 10 commissioner may go down as the greatest salesman in the history of greed. If he sells UT and Ags into that mess of a conference and all the stuff that goes with it, he is the future President of the United States. Sign him up.

If it is KU, KST and Boise, I think it would be-

West-
Boise
BYU
Utah
SDST
UNLV
UNM

East
KU
KST
TCU
Wyo
CSU
AFA

Keeps border war intact and KU and KST have their closest teams all in their division. All central teams are in the same division, which is important or stated differently, we really don't want to be in a division with Pacific teams). Breaks up the gang of 5, but that'll have to happen.

Get Your Frogs Up

Iowa St. has excellent academics. Not doubting the entire veracity of the BYUer's post, but at least that part is an unqualified assumption.

Regarding the Big 12 remaining intact, I have heard that for NCAA recognition a conference must have at least 6 members that have played together for the last 5 years. So, if there are 5 or less remaining Big 12 members after all of this shakes out they are going to have to bring 6 new members in from another conference to the Big 12 to even remain a conference. Since it would practically be impossible to find 6 acceptable schools from one single conference with the cache to keep the conference alive after all of the contracts expire that are willing to hedge their futures with the Big 12 leftovers, I just don't see how the remaining schools are going to be able to salvage the Big 12.

EDIT: Not trying to negate the post, I actually like it and hope it breaks down this way.

stevenewilson

QUOTE(KillerFrog InD KitchenSink @ Jun 11 2010, 10:14 AM) [snapback]574904[/snapback]

ispeakjive.jpg

Chump don't want no help, chump don't get no help! S**t (golly)

Frog_Fan71

QUOTE(KillerFrog InD KitchenSink @ Jun 11 2010, 10:14 AM) [snapback]574904[/snapback]

ispeakjive.jpg

Sucka don't want none, sucka don't get none.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus

This lady does

airplane7a.jpg

stevenewilson

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 11 2010, 09:50 AM) [snapback]574856[/snapback]
This is what some guy posted on another message board. I would be curious to know how accurate this is:

This is the current Mountian West Conference priority list of expansion candidates in the order of their desireability by the Mwc.

Some of you may not know that Kansas is in talks with the Mtn West as we speak and has been for a few days now. Kansas St found out about it and beat feet to Mtn West offices also.

Mizzou is in a tight spot now and current talk out of the Big10 is that Mizzou is not a sure thing for the Big10. So Mizzou also contacted the Mtn West and is gathering information just in case.

Some of you may not be aware that the Mtn West is scheduled to get BCS status (according to the BCS Commissioner) in 2011. The BCS has also informed the Mtn West that if they do get BCS status in 2011 and the Big12 collapses, the Mtn West is "very likely" to take over the BCS Fiesta Bowl auto-bid hosting slot. So there wont be any Mwc teams joinging a "rump Big12", when the vested interest of the Mtn West is to see the Big12 fail.

Boise St is a sure thing for the Mtn West but they got put on hold due to all the confusion and all the phone calls the Mtn West is getting.

The Mtn West will be taking 3 teams and only 3 teams. They currently have 9 teams and the Mtn West Commish says they will halt expansion at 12 because the Mtn West does not have a big TV deal like the PAC10 will have. In 2015-2016 the Mwc Commish said the league would consider adding 2-4 more teams if the TV deal is increased dramatically at that time. Therefore there are 3 openings in the Mtn West until 2015 at the earliest.

Why not reform the Big 12 by taking the 5 remaining teams and adding TCU, Boise St, BYU, Utah, Air Force, Colorado St. and New Mexico or if not Colorado St. and New Mexico, pick two top teams from the WAC or CUSA. The new Big 12.

It's the only way to get rid of the bottom feeders in the MWC.

oldscribe

I can't even snap my fingers, but then I've been sick.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
QUOTE(oldscribe @ Jun 11 2010, 10:53 AM) [snapback]574947[/snapback]
I can't even snap my fingers, but then I've been sick.

I heard about that. Are you doing any better? Let us know if we can do anything for you

Get Your Frogs Up

QUOTE(FFL @ Jun 11 2010, 10:50 AM) [snapback]574942[/snapback]
Why not reform the Big 12 by taking the 5 remaining teams and adding TCU, Boise St, BYU, Utah, Air Force, Colorado St. and New Mexico or if not Colorado St. and New Mexico, pick two top teams from the WAC or CUSA. The new Big 12.

It's the only way to get rid of the bottom feeders in the MWC.

Since it would likely require 6 teams from one conference moving, your first scenario would work out, but I'm not sure if the second scenario would work.