• The KillerFrogs

A Shawn Robinson twitter thread

netty2424

Someone on here posted that SR threw the ball to the wrong side of the receiver. Was right where it needed to be. Opposite the DB. Great catch by Reagor. Too bad his toe was on the line.

CountryFrog

Real nit picky observation either way. It was a good throw.
Agree, that was probably his best throw of the game. You could nit pick at Reagor for running his route a little too close to the sideline, and I suspect that will be the coaching point from that play, but mainly it was just a little unlucky and a prime example of why those types of deep shots are such low percentage plays. Even when you get a good play by both guys, sometimes it still results in an incomplete pass.

Joe1000

This account is a good follow. This thread was very good, pointed out the key drops from the receivers. Robinson made some good throws and has a lot of potential if he can learn to protect the ball.

If he was in Ames, he saw first hand what happens when a QB turns the ball over. You lose

4th. down

Agree, that was probably his best throw of the game. You could nit pick at Reagor for running his route a little too close to the sideline, and I suspect that will be the coaching point from that play, but mainly it was just a little unlucky and a prime example of why those types of deep shots are such low percentage plays. Even when you get a good play by both guys, sometimes it still results in an incomplete pass.

Yep but the bonus can be you draw a flag, so all is not lost.

4th. down

If he was in Ames, he saw first hand what happens when a QB turns the ball over. You lose

This will be his biggest problem, and Luper needs to spend time with him. Since Luper has been our RB coach, fumbles are very rare. Believe Luper could clear this part of his game up during the bowl practice.

W

Way of the Frog

Robinson showed every physical tool and the next step will be how he adjusts when defenses start to get video on him and attack his strengths and weaknesses (i.e. ball security).

I am curious how Shawn would look starting two consecutive weeks.

MTfrog5

I think he has to start against Baylor. with KH coming in in relief,
I think KH will start of healthy enough. This is really the only time Patterson saying the injury game actually works. Baylor will have a short week to prepare for two different types of quarterbacks. Even if we win, this gives OU more they have to prepare for when SR does come into the game

Wexahu

Robinson showed every physical tool and the next step will be how he adjusts when defenses start to get video on him and attack his strengths and weaknesses (i.e. ball security).

I am curious how Shawn would look starting two consecutive weeks.

Yep, he's gonna have to really be careful about holding onto the ball, defenses are going to attacking that like crazy. Taking the easy yards you can get and knowing when to go down (a la A. Dalton) is something he'll need to pick up on pretty quick too, he took some pretty big hits out there.