• The KillerFrogs

A Beautiful Day in Lubbock for Baseball

Big Frog II

Currently 46 with a wind chill of 38. High today 49 with winds 20-30 mph and gusts up to 40. This should make for an interesting game today.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Could be playing Tech in the snow. Snowing south of Amarillo right now. Not anticipated to get to Lubbock though. Definite shock to the system. Global warming is a [ hundin].

No, no, it's climate change. That way any potential weather can be blamed on the big bad oil industry that makes possible such terrible innovations as clean water and modern medicine. Warmer, colder, less rain, more rain, it's all our fault.

Limp Lizard

North wind, their field faces southwest. That means wind blowing straight toward left field. Good news for LH batters bad news for RH batters, especially those who like to pull the ball.

Glad I am not there. Weather is my second reason after Lubbock.

Pharm Frog

North wind, their field faces southwest. That means wind blowing straight toward left field. Good news for LH batters bad news for RH batters, especially those who like to pull the ball.

Might have that backward as to which batters may stand to benefit.

Limp Lizard

No, no, it's climate change. That way any potential weather can be blamed on the big bad oil industry that makes possible such terrible innovations as clean water and modern medicine. Warmer, colder, less rain, more rain, it's all our fault.
Ok, this was a discussion about Tech and game conditions, but someone has to make a political statement.

Nobody is blaming the oil industry, except for their campaign of disinformation, a la the tobacco industry in the twentieth century. Many things go toward good medicine and clean water But global warming is a fact, evolution is a fact, but a flat earth is not a fact. Disrespect of real scientists is leading toward this country having to look to other countries for scientific and technical innovation. Good luck for trying to buy top military technology from China.

If you are going to make political statements make them unproven ones like building a wall against Mexico will help the country. No trying to dispute scientific fact.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Ok, this was a discussion about Tech and game conditions, but someone has to make a political statement.

Nobody is blaming the oil industry, except for their campaign of disinformation, a la the tobacco industry in the twentieth century. Many things go toward good medicine and clean water But global warming is a fact, evolution is a fact, but a flat earth is not a fact. Disrespect of real scientists is leading toward this country having to look to other countries for scientific and technical innovation. Good luck for trying to buy top military technology from China.

If you are going to make political statements make them unproven ones like building a wall against Mexico will help the country. No trying to dispute scientific fact.

Go Frogs

PurplePutt

Man I'm confused. My map shows the left base line running east and the right base line running south. That would mean home plate to CF would be southeast. So a north wind would blow out to RF.

My weather site forecasts the temp to be 48 and the wind to be blowing from the north at 20 mph at game time.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Several years back, I went to Oxford, MS for a game against Ol Miss, only to have the game cancelled due to sub-40 degree weather that I was informed would endanger equipment, specifically the bats. Anyone know if this is still the case?

Later that evening, hunkered down in Clarkdale, MS during a freak ice storm after watching a show at Ground Zero blues club.