• The KillerFrogs

A Bad Wrong If TCU Can't Get Up For "Clempson"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasTigerFan

QUOTE(Scarface @ Sep 25 2009, 12:56 PM) [snapback]388756[/snapback]
Maybe you're too young to remember that game between the hedges a decade and a half ago.
Georgia didn't want to travel to Ft. Worth either. "Clempson" is the same type of cowards.

The State of South Carolina wrote the book on hatred, its in their eyes, its on their face, its a part of everything they do, the place smells of it, they know how to use it, they can't even practice Christianity without using it. They will in every way possible let our team know they are in a different part of the country that most of our kids wouldn't like. Maybe some of our players will even be a little upset with Gary for showing it to them.

I think Gary well understands how hatred comes to play in college football. I trust he has the team prepared.

Go Frogs!

You know I came to this board to wish TCU good luck, but this has to to be one of the most ignorant things I have read on any message board. I was born in S.C. and have lived in Texas for over 25 years and consider myself a Texan. I love Clemson and will be pulling for them Saturday, but for someone to bring up hatred associated with S.C. and Texas having cities like Vidor, I think it leaves very little room for that kind of talk. Anyway Good Luck TCU fans and keep it classy.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(TexasTigerFan @ Sep 25 2009, 03:09 PM) [snapback]388881[/snapback]
You know I came to this board to wish TCU good luck, but this has to to be one of the most ignorant things I have read on any message board. I was born in S.C. and have lived in Texas for over 25 years and consider myself a Texan. I love Clemson and will be pulling for them Saturday, but for someone to bring up hatred associated with S.C. and Texas having cities like Vidor, I think it leaves very little room for that kind of talk. Anyway Good Luck TCU fans and keep it classy.

Did you take the time to read the whole thread?

Scarface

QUOTE(froginaustin @ Sep 25 2009, 07:52 PM) [snapback]388867[/snapback]
One of the smartest and most effective lawyers I know, and a former federal judge, is a Harvard Law graduate and Clemson undergraduate.

I bet he wasn't as effective as his fellow Clemson alumnus, championed segregationist, Senator Strom Thurmond.

Wake up guys! Our team is going to be treated like crap over there. If I was Gary I would have had the team stay in Atlanta and drive up Sat morning.

I will always remember the story about Thurmond when his wife died when he was 66 and he soon married the most recent Miss South Carolina who was 23. Even the most beautiful girl in the State rejoiced in his hatred and ugliness.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Scarface @ Sep 25 2009, 03:49 PM) [snapback]388918[/snapback]
I bet he wasn't as effective as his fellow Clemson alumnus, championed segregationist, Senator Strom Thurmond.

Wake up guys! Our team is going to be treated like crap over there. If I was Gary I would have had the team stay in Atlanta and drive up Sat morning.

I will always remember the story about Thurmond when his wife died when he was 66 and he soon married the most recent Miss South Carolina who was 23. Even the most beautiful girl in the State rejoiced in his hatred and ugliness.

Scarface -

In the best interest of Frogs everywhere (and I think I speak for all of us)... please quit talking.

I know I'm supposed to respect my elders and everything, and I try, but you're making us look bad.

Scarface

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Sep 25 2009, 08:57 PM) [snapback]388928[/snapback]
In the best interest of Frogs everywhere (and I think I speak for all of us)... please quit talking.

I know I'm supposed to respect my elders and everything, and I try, but you're making us look bad.

Don't worry, nothing I say is going to mean anything or rile up the folks in that part of the world. They already hate us. Its what they do best, they hate.

They still hate us for LBJ and the Civil Rights Act. Clemson's Strom Thurmond switched parties in 1964, from Dem to Repub. I wonder why and why then. They still kick people out of their churches for not voting Republican.

Maybe you've been watching too many Michael J. Fox movies. Have you ever seen the movie Deliverence?

Go Frogs!

AUFrog

QUOTE(Scarface @ Sep 25 2009, 10:22 PM) [snapback]388994[/snapback]
Don't worry, nothing I say is going to mean anything or rile up the folks in that part of the world. They already hate us. Its what they do best, they hate.

They still hate us for LBJ and the Civil Rights Act. Clemson's Strom Thurmond switched parties in 1964, from Dem to Repub. I wonder why and why then. They still kick people out of their churches for not voting Republican.

Maybe you've been watching too many Michael J. Fox movies. Have you ever seen the movie Deliverence?

Go Frogs!

Funny you mention that movie as I brought it up as we were about 2 minutes away from the house on Lake Hartwell. There's a "recycling company" in someone's front yard that makes you want to take a picture, but only if you didn't have to stop. I've also seen a dozen or so Confederate flags... Living in Denver, that's not something I see often but it's something you'll see in east TX.

With that said, I think your comments are applicable to a VERY small minority of individuals. Having been in Clemson for over a day now, the people have been nothing but amazingly warm. My guess is they stopped acting the way you describe sometime between the passage of the Civil Rights Act and now.

It's interesting that you have such a disdain for the people of SC yet you are taking a few experiences to generalize an entire state. For your sake, I hope you learn to be more open-minded of others, especially of those you don't personally know.

ShivasFrog

Hey Scarface...the last several days on this board have had some of the best give-and-take with an opponents' fans that I can remember. The Clemson posters have, in general, behaved in an exemplary manner. I've been really impressed and regret that I wasn't able to swing making the trip to SC. Then you pop in in and drop a deuce in the punchbowl. To paraphrase HoustonFrog, STFU.

Scarface

QUOTE(AUFrog @ Sep 25 2009, 10:40 PM) [snapback]389008[/snapback]
It's interesting that you have such a disdain for the people of SC yet you are taking a few experiences to generalize an entire state. For your sake, I hope you learn to be more open-minded of others, especially of those you don't personally know.

The South Carolina House of Representatives started the Civil War right after Abraham Lincoln was elected in 1860, by leaving the USA, because they were convinced the anti-slavery Lincoln was going to interfere with slavery. Like a President can just do whatever he wants. What about slavery's legality in the US Constitution back then and the Bill of Rights and the balance of powers? Also, what was so wrong with being anti-slavery?

Fortunately, by the end of the 1870's slavery was completely abolished throughout the Western Hemisphere. Too little, too late, for over a million dead and badly wounded soldiers and civilians.

Even after their role in all of this, South Carolinians continue to be hateful.

Enjoy your trip and your new friends.

Tigermadman75

Ok you are an idiot . Sorry to all the good TCU fans but I can't let this one slide. If you knew anything about history you would know that the Civil war was not about slavery it was about States rights , slavery came into the picture later . You group all of us as racist and backwards because of a history of the south and I hate that you are so close-minded to realize that times have changed and we have also. Is there hatred and racism in the south , sure but no more then anywhere else in America . I am sure there are some backward , racist , hating towns in Texas . I hope you are coming to the game and it will open your eyes to the kind of people we have here in Clemson , but I have a feeling you won't because you would rather sit behind a keyboard and judge people with out any clue of whats really going on. Good luck tomorrow TCU lets have a great game.

hotroutetiger

QUOTE(Scarface @ Sep 25 2009, 07:28 PM) [snapback]389025[/snapback]
The South Carolina House of Representatives started the Civil War right after Abraham Lincoln was elected in 1860, by leaving the USA, because they were convinced the anti-slavery Lincoln was going to interfere with slavery. Like a President can just do whatever he wants. What about slavery's legality in the US Constitution back then and the Bill of Rights and the balance of powers? Also, what was so wrong with being anti-slavery?

Fortunately, by the end of the 1870's slavery was completely abolished throughout the Western Hemisphere. Too little, too late, for over a million dead and badly wounded soldiers and civilians.

Even after their role in all of this, South Carolinians continue to be hateful.

Enjoy your trip and your new friends.

I hate you.....you're right we continue to be hateful........I hate you again... dang it just can't stop hating

tiger87

QUOTE(ShivasFrog @ Sep 25 2009, 05:19 PM) [snapback]389021[/snapback]
Hey Scarface...the last several days on this board have had some of the best give-and-take with an opponents' fans that I can remember. The Clemson posters have, in general, behaved in an exemplary manner. I've been really impressed and regret that I wasn't able to swing making the trip to SC. Then you pop in in and drop a deuce in the punchbowl. To paraphrase HoustonFrog, STFU.

Scarface is a South Carolina Gamecock fan ... SCAR - face. C'mon people - don't we recognize that particular brand of ignorance. Hey Scarface - do you hate Clemson because you didn't get admitted and had to go to your "backup" school just like the rest of your brethren in Columbia. By the way - congratulations on finally going over .500 for your 110 year school football history; you should be very proud.

tiger87

QUOTE(Scarface @ Sep 25 2009, 10:14 AM) [snapback]388648[/snapback]
"Clempson" is a school where the environment encourages their students to be backward and white trash, not vice versa. They are a state school consumed with their State's history of hatred and they bring it to the game on Saturdays.

We haven't had a game similar to this one since we went to play the one game series at Georgia in the early 90's.

Our team is going to be in a part of the country not even a Texas Aggie could understand much less a guy from Kansas.

The only way to beat these people is to hate them right back.

Hey Scar - face .. or should I say "South CARolina face" ... nice try. Why don't you take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oADv2ZWozSg

ShivasFrog

I'm kinda slow on the uptake sometimes and missed the "South CARolina face" angle. I will say that people who actually spend part of their time on earth posing as unstable fans of their rival's next opponent are a special kind of moron. I'm just relieved the guy isn't a Frog.

Opintel

Moderators
This type of thread actually belongs on "Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum". In my opinion.

I predict it will go there prior to 2100 (Central time).

Questions? Comments?

Scarface

Oops! Its funny how the truth strikes a nerve like nothing else.

Mark Sanford, Joe Wilson, etc. You people are full of even the most recent news making high profile bigotry, hatred and hypocrisy.

I kind of wish our kids didn't have to experience it first hand.

I understand you people well enough to know to hate you right back. I don't know if the TCU players know or not. They do know "Clempson" was too scared to come to Fort Worth.

Go Frogs.

tiger87

QUOTE(Scarface @ Sep 25 2009, 07:51 PM) [snapback]389062[/snapback]

Mark Sanford, Joe Wilson, etc. You people are full of even the most recent news making high profile bigotry, hatred and hypocrisy.

I understand you people well enough to know to hate you right back. I don't know if the TCU players know or not. They do know "Clempson" was too scared to come to Fort Worth.

Go Frogs.

OK, whatever ... you done?

Flyintiger23

QUOTE(Scarface @ Sep 25 2009, 08:51 PM) [snapback]389062[/snapback]

Go Frogs.

Scarface...i wish you, and people like you would wake up and realize its the 21st century and while the "hate and bigotry" that you speak of may very well exist, it's confined to the very, very, small minority...after living in texas for the past few months, i'd be willing to say it exists just as much(read little) here as back in South Carolina...as much as i wish you could make the game tomorrow, i'm glad you can't because i'm sure you'd ruin the reputation for your fellow frog fans among some Clemson faithful which would really be a shame. The majority of fans here (and those coming to our board) seem legit, knowledgable, and courteous fans but it only takes one to spoil the whole bunch.

as far as being scared to come to Ft. Worth, Clemson was scheduled to play Idaho this year, who backed out at the last minute and you guys were the only FBS team that could be scheduled that week and to my knowledge, games for seasons in the future are already booked...i could be wrong, but based on your previous ignorance, i think i got this one right

Good luck to both teams tomorrow. I hope for an entertaining, injury free game...GO TIGERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.