• The KillerFrogs

Wexahu

So who do you think IS good?

Ha, that's a good question! I think Texas and Iowa are probably two teams that are better than their ranking, but most of those teams that are borderline Top 25...they all have warts.

I was more responding to the post that said "can you imagine a H2H between WVU and Northwestern?" which suggested that it would hardly even be a competitive game. WVU hasn't blown out any P5 team this year. Against Tech at home they were getting beat the majority of the game and pulled away late to win by 11. They beat Baylor in Waco by 2 and they beat Iowa State at home by 4. Heck, they were only up 8 through 3 quarters at Kansas before pulling away. They've lost every other P5 game they've played. It's hard to imagine them having an easy time with NW based on results so far.

I just don't get the WVU love, there's nothing really that justifies it. Watch them play, they really aren't that good.

jake102

I haven’t really seen NW play but I don’t get the respect everyone has for WVU. I’ve seen them play 5 games or so and the best I’ve seen them look is against us, by far. They aren’t very good. It goes back to that same question, who have you beat? When through 9 games your best win is by 4 points at home over Iowa State, I don’t know if there’s much of a complaint about not being ranked.

I don’t think NW is very good either, but they did beat Iowa and Michigan State in recent weeks, so there is that. And I don’t think those two teams are all that either, but neither is Iowa State.

Just don’t get the WVU love. Is it because their coach is a cool guy?

On a neutral site, WVU wins by 10+

Wexahu

On a neutral site, WVU wins by 10+

Well, there is absolutely nothing in the results of games so far that would suggest that, and that's all the voters have to go on. I could say NW would win by 10 and that would have just as much merit.

I imagine if they played at a neutral site, the betting line would be less than 3, and I don't know who would be favored.

jake102

WVU has losses to VTech, TCU and Oky State. They have a good win against Iowa St. Zero bad losses.

Iowa has lost to DUKE, Penn St and Wisconsin. Their best win is a 3OT game against Mich State. They needed OT to beat both Nebraska and Iowa.

Wexahu

WVU has losses to VTech, TCU and Oky State. They have a good win against Iowa St. Zero bad losses.

Iowa has lost to DUKE, Penn St and Wisconsin. Their best win is a 3OT game against Mich State. They needed OT to beat both Nebraska and Iowa.

They beat Iowa and Michigan State, doesn't really matter if it was overtime or not. If we're going to play that game, WVU beat Iowa State by 4 points at home, that's their best win, the team that lost to Iowa and Texas at home. They beat Baylor by 2, were losing to Tech by 11 through 3 quarters, and were only beating Kansas (who everyone blows out of the water) by 8 through 3 quarters and gave up 34 points to them.

There's not a 10+ point difference between those two teams.

Last edited:

jake102

They beat Iowa and Michigan State, doesn't really matter if it was overtime or not. If we're going to play that game, WVU beat Iowa State by 4 points at home, that's their best win, the team that lost to Iowa and Texas at home. They almost beat Baylor by 2, were losing to Tech by 11 through 3 quarters, and were only beating Kansas (who everyone blows out of the water) by 8 through 3 quarters and gave up 34 points to them.

There's not a 10+ point difference between those two teams.

So you aren't going to accept the OT argument but are going to argue WVU wins where it was close (but they still won in regulation)?

I don't think WVU is a world beater but I'm taking them all day against NWestern at a neutral site.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Iowa beat Iowa State- before their QB change...

Frog-in-law1995

So you aren't going to accept the OT argument but are going to argue WVU wins where it was close (but they still won in regulation)?

I don't think WVU is a world beater but I'm taking them all day against NWestern at a neutral site.

Not saying WVU wouldn’t win, but you’d be getting points. Probably 2 or 2.5.

InstaFrog

We would have jumped two spots whether we beat Kennedale HS or the 1985 Bears. Trying to make an argument that the conference doesn’t benefit from a good UT based on that is beyond silly.
Which begs another question : When exactly are we expecting to see a good UT? The Cattle produced never seems to match all that Hat.
1024x1024.jpg

Ron Swanson

Well, there is absolutely nothing in the results of games so far that would suggest that, and that's all the voters have to go on. I could say NW would win by 10 and that would have just as much merit.

I imagine if they played at a neutral site, the betting line would be less than 3, and I don't know who would be favored.

Neutral site, Northwestern would be favored by about 2 points over WVU.

Snoop1122

Yes, I agree nobody is talking about us now. Everyone is saying Miami should be one spot ahead of TCU because they are undefeated. If you look at all things considered all the factors the committee puts into play Miami has not played anyone yet. If the Frogs beat OU that could help us stay in the top 4.

Moose Stuff

Which begs another question : When exactly are we expecting to see a good UT? The Cattle produced never seems to match all that Hat.
1024x1024.jpg

They’re at least 2 years from being the kind of good they should be. I think they have a legit chance to win 8-9 games next year. Their D should be scary. Finding a competent/healthy QB and an improved OL are musts.

Wexahu

They’re at least 2 years from being the kind of good they should be. I think they have a legit chance to win 8-9 games next year. Their D should be scary. Finding a competent/healthy QB and an improved OL are musts.

Will be interesting to see how long they can hold on to their DC and they might lose a few guys early to the NFL, but I think they could be A LOT better very quickly. I think the OL kind of fixes itself as guys come back from injuries. QB, that's another matter.

They are about as good a 4-5 team as you can find out there IMO.

Moose Stuff

Will be interesting to see how long they can hold on to their DC and they might lose a few guys early to the NFL, but I think they could be A LOT better very quickly. I think the OL kind of fixes itself as guys come back from injuries. QB, that's another matter.

They are about as good a 4-5 team as you can find out there IMO.

No doubt, they could be 6-3 or 7-2 with just a little luck.