• The KillerFrogs

GoFrog Yourself

Never thought I'd agree with Greg Mcelroy but he's the only sane person on this ESPN panel. If two teams from the same conference get in after playing each other the last game of the regular season, then what the hell is the point of this? Further, how does two teams playing each other prove they're better than everyone else? There should be a punishment for not making it through that [ Finebaum ] schedule if you're the loser of Bama/Georgia.

Here's hoping Auburn and Miami win this weekend so this dribble stops

Moose Stuff

To actually believe beating a 4-4 TT or K St. would have achieved the same result is naive.

Whether our thin skinned fan base like it or not beating UT did provide an additional bounce.

UT is better than both KSU and Tech. Either way it’s irrelevant, we would have been 6th if we’d beaten the Phi Delt intramural team. And to believe that the conference doesn’t benefit from a good UT isn’t naive, it’s ignorant.

FROG PARENTS 1961

Ok, but Oklahoma State’s 2 losses were home games and who have they beat? It’s splitting hairs though, if they had them ahead of one or two of those teams (or even all of them) that would be fair too. MSU basically got the Iowa State treatment after they beat us. I think they moved up 10+ spots as well, although that might have been the AP poll. An unbeaten Big 10 team is still at #8.

No need to overanalyze it and look for conspiracies.
I could see your point somewhat. Who have they beat is the best argument.

Wexahu

As much as I like to bag on the CCG thing..I suppose it should, in theory, give the winner a quality win boost..

Of course it will, that’s the whole point of it. It could backfire too, but that’s the risk they chose to take.

I was more against it before than I am now. It’s pretty clear now how not playing that extra game against a highly ranked team does put you behind the 8 ball when compared to everyone else. Notre Dame gets by but they generally schedule very well so they can probably get away with it.

Kyle101011

Northwestern is ranked but WVU isnt? Bahahaha can you imagine that game H2H?
Unfortunately Northerstern has a cake walk schedule to close out the season against Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois so they'll finish the season 9-3. Losses to Duke, Wisconsin, and Penn State. They avoided playing Ohio State and Michigan this year.

Wexahu

Northwestern is ranked but WVU isnt? Bahahaha can you imagine that game H2H?

I haven’t really seen NW play but I don’t get the respect everyone has for WVU. I’ve seen them play 5 games or so and the best I’ve seen them look is against us, by far. They aren’t very good. It goes back to that same question, who have you beat? When through 9 games your best win is by 4 points at home over Iowa State, I don’t know if there’s much of a complaint about not being ranked.

I don’t think NW is very good either, but they did beat Iowa and Michigan State in recent weeks, so there is that. And I don’t think those two teams are all that either, but neither is Iowa State.

Just don’t get the WVU love. Is it because their coach is a cool guy?

Tom Brown

I haven’t really seen NW play but I don’t get the respect everyone has for WVU. I’ve seen them play 5 games or so and the best I’ve seen them look is against us, by far. They aren’t very good. It goes back to that same question, who have you beat? When through 9 games your best win is by 4 points at home over Iowa State, I don’t know if there’s much of a complaint about not being ranked.

I don’t think NW is very good either, but they did beat Iowa and Michigan State in recent weeks, so there is that. And I don’t think those two teams are all that either, but neither is Iowa State.

Not as cool as Urban Meyer, amiright?

CountryFrog

So who do you think IS good?

TCUFROG1998

I was a little surprised we didn’t get jumped by Miami but it literally makes no difference. Win this week and we’re going to LOVE where we’re sitting.

The winner of the Miami/ND game will be in top 4. Winner of OU/TCU will be 5. We want Miami to win because will have to play Clemson at some point and the loser will be out of top 4.