• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
It's miles closer to shockingly bad then shockingly good. Just cuz he got some recruits "interested" in Baylol doesn't make him great.

And I'm not sure if you were joking but MR never turned down Oregon. Reaching doesn't do the word justice enough when describing what Baylol did when they hired MR.

He may or may not turn out to be a great or a bad hire, time will tell, but he is what they needed at this moment in time. Once they get the Briles stench off of them, he could move on or be moved out however you have to admit that he is the straight arrow kind of guy they needed.

I do hope that he falls flat on his face, though, and ends up selling used cars in Elm Mott

Realtorfrog

“it (Texas) felt like a WWE event. The coaches are young and everything feels competitive and they’re excited."

Per his dad: Cam just loves Herman. He connected with a Herman in a way he didn’t connect with any other head coach.

Not many coaches succeed being best buds with their players. No discipline and ut might be the next Baylor

Last edited:

CountryFrog

I think whether or not Rhule was offered the Oregon job is meaningless anyway. It's not as if Oregon went out and got a really big time guy so they were clearly working pretty far down their list just like Baylor.

I also think it's an exaggeration to say he was on no one's radar. When you win anything at Temple then that gets people's attention. He definitely wasn't a hot commodity at the P5 level, though, and the last Temple coach who got a P5 job flamed out pretty quickly. The same could very well happen with this guy.

He may or may not turn out to be a great or a bad hire, time will tell, but he is what they needed at this moment in time. Once they get the Briles stench off of them, he could move on or be moved out however you have to admit that he is the straight arrow kind of guy they needed.

I do hope that he falls flat on his face, though, and ends up selling used cars in Elm Mott

Straight arrow? What makes you think Rhule is clean. He has already had 2 assistants get fired at Baylor (and at Temple we don't know much on his tatics/recruiting). I think culture has not changed at Baylor and they hired a guy who wins. Baylor brought him in because Temple won championships. Baylor is still the same win at all costs program. If they wanted clean then Grobe would of been the coach.

Last edited:

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Straight arrow? What makes you think Rhule is clean. He has already had 2 assistants get fired at Baylor. I think culture has not changed at Baylor and they hired a guy who wins. Baylor brought him in because Temple won championships. Baylor is still the same win at all costs program. If they wanted clean then Grobe would of been the coach.

His assistants don't mean that he himself isn't clean. He made some bad choices in hiring them but thats not an indicator of his being dirty

Don't know of any thing that he did at Temple. I'd rather follow the seniors bocce ball league in Sun City than Temple athletics

His assistants don't mean that he himself isn't clean. He made some bad choices in hiring them but thats not an indicator of his being dirty

Don't know of any thing that he did at Temple. I'd rather follow the seniors bocce ball league in Sun City than Temple athletics

It also doesn't mean he is straight as an arrow. We don't know much about Rhule. What I do know is Baylor and the decisions they have made in the past with regards to coaches. Doesn't give me much confidence they are working for a different culture.

Pharm Frog

Who cares about Baylol and their crap coach. Back to recruiting?

I hear that the Sun City High Bocce Grills have offered this fella but the odds are that he signs with the Bocce Snatchers from nearby Timber Pines.

Bocce-Ball-PHOTO-2.jpg

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I hear that the Sun City High Bocce Grills have offered this fella but the odds are that he signs with the Bocce Snatchers from nearby Timber Pines.

Bocce-Ball-PHOTO-2.jpg
Since we are building a house in Sun City, we get the various invites to events there. Today I got one for a bocce ball party on Friday night. BYOB of course.

I'm probably going to miss out on a great party but think that I'll pass on this one

berryfrog95

Since we are building a house in Sun City, we get the various invites to events there. Today I got one for a bocce ball party on Friday night. BYOB of course.

I'm probably going to miss out on a great party but think that I'll pass on this one

Look into Pickel ball, by far the most popular sport in Sun City.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Look into Pickel ball, by far the most popular sport in Sun City.

You're right about that. I had never heard of it but whenever I drive past those courts, they are always full.

I'm kind of excited about the woodworking club. They have a well equipped wood working shop and I have been wanting to get back to something that I really enjoy doing.

If I'm a fan of a school, that's pretty much exactly the type of coach I'd want my team to hire.

No doubt. My point is Baylor hired him because of his record of winning at Temple. I'm not too sure about the straight and narrow part. Sure that will be Baylor's mantra. You say enough lies it becomes truth right. What did they use to say #truthdontlie #bethestandard. OK done. Darn Baylor.