• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

ScottPatrick

ICYMI (not 2018 but not sure where else to put): Tenn RB Jalen Hurd to transfer to Baylor. Kid is a stud, 6-4/240 and put up big numbers a a soph. Reportedly could have gone to schools such as Ohio St, Louisville and cal but picked to go with Ruhle???????

ICYMI (not 2018 but not sure where else to put): Tenn RB Jalen Hurd to transfer to Baylor. Kid is a stud, 6-4/240 and put up big numbers a a soph. Reportedly could have gone to schools such as Ohio St, Louisville and cal but picked to go with Ruhle???????

He wants to start immediately. Left Tennessee when he was well on his way to become their best all time running back yardage wise.

Any top recruit looking at Baylor after what that football program has been going through even with a new coach I find questionable.

MinFrog

Was it because he wants to be a TE? Weird hit to leave Tenn for baykor, right?

maximilian

Was it because he wants to be a TE? Weird hit to leave Tenn for baykor, right?

He's a super talented kid with a LOT of baggage (not the traditional Baylor kind at least). BU needs all the help they can get after the mass exodus of recruits from 2016, so he definitely helps.

ScottPatrick

He's a super talented kid with a LOT of baggage (not the traditional Baylor kind at least). BU needs all the help they can get after the mass exodus of recruits from 2016, so he definitely helps.

What is the baggage? Haven't heard anything bad about him personally so curious what you may have heard.

maximilian

What is the baggage? Haven't heard anything bad about him personally so curious what you may have heard.

The rumblings I saw on Reddit from Vols fans around the time of his leaving the team were his unhappiness with the offense leading to his wanting to transfer. There were (allegedly) confrontations between him and a few teammates. If I'm not mistaken, he did this transfer number in high school as well, to be the focal point of an offense.

Not trying to sound like an old fart complaining about millenials, but I always worry about guys who transfer mid-season as opposed to those who wait til the offseason to find a better fit (Sawyer/Trevorris, for example).

maximilian

Also not going to say he's a bad guy or anything (I obviously don't know him); only that those other points give me pause for his on-the-field performance.

Punter1

Rhule was a shockingly good hire and they may not drop back too much after this year.

He was their at least 8th choice...from Temple. Wasn't on ANYONES radar for anyother P5 job. Played for Sandusky. Looks like a used car salesman. No Texas ties. 2 of his hires have been fired for what Baylor is already in trouble for. Probably bounces after the first .500 season if he can.

Shocking you would call it shockingly good. I think it's shocking bad.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
He was their at least 8th choice...from Temple. Wasn't on ANYONES radar for anyother P5 job. Played for Sandusky. Looks like a used car salesman. No Texas ties. 2 of his hires have been fired for what Baylor is already in trouble for. Probably bounces after the first .500 season if he can.

And Temple is Bill Cosby's alma mater so Rhule must really like rape.

CountryFrog

I agree with most of this but wouldn't call the hire shockingly bad just because no one very good was every a real possibility anyway. I think it was a decent hire and he should probably win a game or two before being considered anything more.

Charlie Strong won more games in a better conference and I'm sure Baylor fans have been making fun of him for a while. This guy has a lesser resume to this point than Chuck had.

Wexahu

Just my hunch, it never seemed to me that Larry Brown has the love for TCU that a lot of our former players have. Not sure how hard Kam was recruited but I never thought we had much of a chance.