• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

Wexahu

I see people on multiple TCU sites complaining about this. It hasn't even been two weeks since Anthony McKinney committed and he's arguably one of the more important recruits we've gotten in he last few years. And we don't really have that many slots left to fill so it's not like we're gonna be reeling kids in left and right until Feb.

Some of this is our own recruiting analysts (or maybe I should say analyst singular), that are really big on hype, making big predictions, and getting everyone excited. So they do all of that, and when things don't materialize, it's a little disappointing.

netty2424

Some of this is our own recruiting analysts (or maybe I should say analyst singular), that are really big on hype, making big predictions, and getting everyone excited. So they do all of that, and when things don't materialize, it's a little disappointing.
There are a lot of analysts out there creating unnecessary hype. I personally don't feel like our local 247 guys do that. Just one mans opinion. I think those guys are pretty honest and go off of what recruits and sources are telling them. Yes some of its gut, but these kids will tell them one thing and do another. See Chase al a UF.

CountryFrog

The thing about recruiting every year for every school is that there will always be a LOT more losses than wins and a LOT more quiet weeks than fire emoji weeks. There will also always be someone else out there who is having a hot week that you can compare your favorite team to and say "why can't we be doing what they're doing right now?"

If you follow this stuff too closely then you're going to drive yourself insane with all the rumors, crystal balls, stars, rankings, twitter nonsense, etc.

LSU Game Attendee

As long as the TCU staff has a rep as superior talent evaluators, I imagine there will always be a certain population that will covet an offer just to stoke the bagmen. A TCU football offer is like Mandarin fluency on a CV.

ScottPatrick

How many sign their LOI in December?

Can they do it this year?

In the past no one except mid-year JUCO transfers could sign their LOI in December. Early HS enrollees signed a financial agreement.

This year any eligible recruit can sign in the early period and coaches expect most if not all commits to sign then. You would have to assume if they do not sign they really haven't decided and really not committed.

SportsJunkie

Completely agree. That post was coming from a place where we had the Chase event that didn't happen and then some excitement built up on 247 about a "big day" coming which I perceived that to be after the mini-camp we had which resulted in zero commits.

Further, our orange friends to the south had like 4 big commits in as many days or something like that.

Plenty of time left. I get it.

I feel like they've been signing 50 kids every year the past few years......or maybe it's because that's all they have to get excited about and won't shut up about the starsies they are getting