• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

netty2424

SIAP, I was reminded that UF snaked Tyrie Cleveland from us as well. Not even sure how he did last year, but he was supposed to be an instant impact type of player.

Just remember seeing a post here about an arrest. Can't remember the details of that.

Wexahu

I hope we land some WR talent enough to keep JR excited.

Get the feeling like the wind is slightly out of our sails at the moment. Long time left in this cycle I suppose.

I hear ya, but I can see how if you follow this stuff closely and put too much stock in all the rumors and tweets it'll drive you nuts. It'd be nice to just wait until February to see who we sign but it's hard to do with all the info out there floating around.

Frog-in-law1995

SIAP, I was reminded that UF snaked Tyrie Cleveland from us as well. Not even sure how he did last year, but he was supposed to be an instant impact type of player.

Just remember seeing a post here about an arrest. Can't remember the details of that.

Caught a 98-yard TD against LSU late last year. Injured for most of the season. He's gonna be a stud. The arrest was last summer for shooting bb guns and destroying property.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Ehh, I stopped getting too excited about the CB's from JG & the guys at 247 a good while back. Seems they have been wrong half, if not most of the time. These kids want the spotlight and the drama drawn out as long as the can. I could give a ratsass how they overblow their commitment announcemt. When they actually sign their letter LOI, that's when I will get excited. 17-18 yr. olds are mostly whiney, flakey, little drama queens that need to grow up. Wake me up on signing day.

Moose Stuff

Ehh, I stopped getting too excited about the CB's from JG & the guys at 247 a good while back. Seems they have been wrong half, if not most of the time. These kids want the spotlight and the drama drawn out as long as the can. I could give a ratsass how they overblow their commitment announcemt. When they actually sign their letter LOI, that's when I will get excited. 17-18 yr. olds are mostly whiney, flakey, little drama queens that need to grow up. Wake me up on signing day.

Odd thread to be participating in if you don't care until signing day.

MinFrog

Considering they are trying to determine what teenagers are thinking, I would say they do a great job at providing insight into recruiting.

McFroggin

This doesn't prove we had a better shot at Marshall than we did Chase. If Marshall is really considering TCU he has a very strange way of handling his recruitment.

I think it's very respectable. Marshall wasnt originally considering TCU as a contender for his services. Rogers kind of introduced him to the idea. He likes us, but Rogers is a big factor. Marshall is trying to make his own decision. Once he gets down to the last 1 or 2 places, I think he'll start comparing his initial decision with TCU (where he is being influenced). He is trying to determine where he feels drawn the most, and then deciding whether friends are enough tip one program over the other.

I get it. Many of my friends in HS chose UT or A&M. I made a personal decision for TCU. Had my future been football and my current QB and I had an amazing connection, I likely would have compared TCU to his decision.

netty2424

Has to be tough to predict where these guys go and it's an up and down process. But it's fun to try follow imo.

Commitments a little overblown, maybe. But good for them. Lots of hard work to earn that shot to play D1 football at a university like TCU.

These "kids" are what will make up the team you pay and allocate time to go see. And they're still kids while at TCU. Just a thought.

FrogLifeYo

I manage salesman for a large global company...My guys live and die by asking for and getting commitments out of prospects. While many never make it to the point of signing on the dotted line, we don't usually get sales without some sort of commitment along the way. Recruiting is no different. Commitments are far from meaningless but they are even farther from iron clad. Florida still has a lot of selling ahead of them with Chase