• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread - Part 2

Wexahu

We are going to give him more than opportunity to be a RB

Wanting to play RB is an absolutely horrible decision if you're capable of playing another position just as well and want to have an NFL career, much less a long one.

I wonder if the fact that RBs have the shortest careers and are among the worst-paid players in the NFL will ever have much of an impact of where these kids want to play.

MTfrog5

Wanting to play RB is an absolutely horrible decision if you're capable of playing another position just as well and want to have an NFL career, much less a long one.

I wonder if the fact that RBs have the shortest careers and are among the worst-paid players in the NFL will ever have much of an impact of where these kids want to play.
Got to do what you got to do to get them on campus. Who knows he might surprise everyone and be one hell of a RB. I guarantee you they are pointing to Sewo and showing Jackson that they are serious about letting it play out when he gets on campus

jack the frog

He did have a decent run. Unfortunately I think Ehlingers career will be cut short if Herman doesn't do a better job of protecting him. I'm concerned that he's heading down a path that puts him in concussion protocols much too often.

Yeah, he had a really bad concussion in high school and as I it understand it he has had one and maybe two dings as a freshman at UT. Herman's style of QB play seems to be real rough on QB's. More than a few UT fans believe Herman threw him back out there despite a known head injury last year.

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

Vernon Jackson did sign with A&M in case anyone is still wondering. Looks like they worked out their differences
200.gif

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Yeah, he had a really bad concussion in high school and as I it understand it he has had one and maybe two dings as a freshman at UT. Herman's style of QB play seems to be real rough on QB's. More than a few UT fans believe Herman threw him back out there despite a known head injury last year.
No way a mensa member / coach would do something like that

asleep003

We've had one of our top 3 best classes ever ...

2010 AP final ranking - #2 team's senior class(Dalton's) only had ten 3*s, plus the JR class behind them had just one 4*. They won the Rose Bowl with a total of four 4* recruits on that roster ! Five players of that Sr. class are/have started in the pros, including 2* Marshall Newhouse/ 2* Jerry Hughes.

2014 AP final ranking - #3 team's previous 4 recruit classes yielded just nine 4*s. Only 4 of those 4*s were on the roster for that great season ... as most of the 5 gone were either academic casualties or just outright busts.

So, we have nothing to complain/whine about ... most of these guys could have picked a Big stadium school ... but chose success over number of seats... and for a chance to be 'developed' into something more.

9 bowls in 10 years
7 top 15 finishes in 10 years
6 top 10 finishes in 10 years
2 top 5 finishes in 10 years

Why this gloomy atmosphere. We got what we wanted and needed, except in the DT area... though we are strong and young at that position already. Lets celebrate the hard work and determination of this staff. GP has done much more with much less(on paper), in the past!

CAN WE JUST BE GRATEFUL NOW FOR WHAT WE DO HAVE AND NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT WHAT WE MISSED ON ?

LeagueCityFrog

Anyone else on here think we go and get another Juco offensive lineman and defensive lineman before summer starts? Hopefully the Rice Offensive Lineman picks TCU this March. One more dog on the DL that can play wouldn't hurt in my opinion and give us a little more depth there. Don't be shocked on this form if we beat Ohio State at Jerry's World then find a way to win at wet and cold West Virginia in November that we don't win the whole damn thing next season. Special team Gary has put together for 2018.

Go Frogs

TX_Krötenechse

Anyone else on here think we go and get another Juco offensive lineman and defensive lineman before summer starts? Hopefully the Rice Offensive Lineman picks TCU this March. One more dog on the DL that can play wouldn't hurt in my opinion and give us a little more depth there. Don't be shocked on this form if we beat Ohio State at Jerry's World then find a way to win at wet and cold West Virginia in November that we don't win the whole damn thing next season. Special team Gary has put together for 2018.

Go Frogs
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we pick up another kid or three for this class late.

That said, best to have tempered expectations for next season. We should be salty on defense, but we are breaking in a brand new QB, 3-4 new starters on the offensive line, and putting a lot of eggs in underclassman baskets at WR. So it is very possible that we will finish 3rd or worse in conference if all of our new pieces don’t gel or we suffer key injuries.

netty2424

Go Frogs
Sounds like unless something drastically changes with the Rice recruitment, we don't have much of a shot at this one.