• The KillerFrogs

2017 TCU Football Season Ticket Renewals

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Well, kinda serious as in I would like free seats.

But I doubt you'd be up for that.

Free seats and serious should not be in the same sentence in this context. If you expect a season ticket holder to give you their tickets because they can't go, you are dreaming.

If season tickets are sold, the good games should be sold at a premium because no one will pay full price for an FCS game. Tickets for OU or UT are much more valuable than Kansas or Iowa State, which also might not net face value.

Purp

The StubHub crowd, myself included, will take a bath this year IMO. Home schedule is awful. I have always bought 4 and sold my extras because (1) it helps me be able to afford the flights from California for all of the home games and (2) as my family grows I won't have to reset to terrible seats. IMO there are valid situations like mine where selling tickets shouldn't be so aggressively ridiculed on this board. Not a fan of the true +4 that never have any intention of using the seats ever other than for potential profit, but all cases are not this.

That said, I'm fine if I don't get points for the seats I don't use and I don't mind seasons like this where I fully expect to lose money. I'm just trying to hold onto them for the future when I have kids and maybe move back to FW.

Here we go....
149032449351411786840.jpg

ftwfrog

You know what pisses the maniacs of our TCU world off? Losing.

Sure there are a handful of opposing fans in the stands but nobody bitched after the 2014 OU or Tech home games. Nothing is better than watching opposing fans walk out of ACS with their tail between their legs.

If we had a great home record last year, nobody would worry about orange or maroon in the seats.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Free seats and serious should not be in the same sentence in this context. If you expect a season ticket holder to give you their tickets because they can't go, you are dreaming.

If season tickets are sold, the good games should be sold at a premium because no one will pay full price for an FCS game. Tickets for OU or UT are much more valuable than Kansas or Iowa State, which also might not net face value.

Of course I don't actually expect anyone to give me free seats. But the location of his seats sound great so I said I'd sit in them if he bought them.

I'm still going to buy my seats, but my location isn't as sweet.

netty2424

As far as next season goes, we will be much improved. Just having a good field goal kicker will be a huge plus.
Do we have one? Didn't Patterson say the better kicker was kicking last year? I know we got the transfer, but is he a lock? And is he eligible this year? Can't remember from the recruiting thread.

COWTOWN FAN

Sure there are a handful of opposing fans in the stands but nobody bitched after the 2014 OU or Tech home games. Nothing is better than watching opposing fans walk out of ACS with their tail between their legs.

If we had a great home record last year, nobody would worry about orange or maroon in the seats.
There is not just a handful but many that sit with us each game. Many are not fun to deal with win or lose. The resale of tickets to visitors rather than TCU fans is the problem.

COWTOWN FAN

I've said it before, but the most effective way to fix this problem would be to get rid of the priority point incentive to have as many tickets as possible by not counting tickets sold on StubHub. If a season ticket is sold on StubHub, even once, it should forfeit the priority point(s) for that ticket(s).

People are being rewarded for buying way more seats than they need, and then selling them on StubHub to recoup their cost. Basically gives them free priority points.

Tcu doesn't care, because it ensures we sell out the stadium.

The huge negative is that it exponentially makes everyone's seats worse, and creates endless pockets of StubHub fans and prevents any true TCU section from forming, which is why almost everyone feels like they're surrounded by away fans.
I agree with you. Stubhub sales is a problem.

ticketfrog123

Anybody on here in the 50-100 point range? Curious where your seats are.

I'm in W~400 trying to move into the 300 section. Not sure if it'll happen this year.

Armadillo

Well, kinda serious as in I would like free seats.

But I doubt you'd be up for that.

Are the filter working yet? Because I'd like to curse you publicly.

But no, not free. That's the last time I ever try to do something nice for you RollToad. You're now on my double secret probation list.

Purp

But no, not free. That's the last time I ever try to do something nice for you RollToad. You're now on my double secret probation list.
I've just been manually typing the filters. It's cathartic. I'd say go after RollToad's yard, but he's probably doesn't keep one worth tearing up if he scavenging for free tickets.

Last edited:

Armadillo

I've just been manually typing the filters. It's cathartic. I'd say go after RollToad's yard, but he probably doesn't keep one worth tearing up if he scavenging for free tickets.

Here I was, willing to buy my tickets and sell them directly to RollToad, face value, and he turns around and expects them from for free. FREE!

Trying to go out of my way and actually do a nice thing.

RollToad, you owe me a public apology. Otherwise your yard is MINE. And if you're a millennial and don't have a yard, I'll find out where your parents live and rip theirs up!

:mad:

Last edited:

tcumaniac

I don't know what the best 'fix' is but a single ticket ending up on StubHub once shouldn't forfeit the point. That's a bit extreme IMO. for two years I was over by the visitor band and visitor fans. It was like an away game. Sucked. So I know first hand the affects of the StubHub ticket. Finally got over to the east side corner and we don't have that issue.

That said, we're expecting a baby in June and we live over two hours away. Almost a 5 hour round trip after a 3 hour tailgate and a 5 hour game. That's a long day with little ones. Likelihood of me making many games this year is slim. So should I lose points for that? Not saying I'll be putting mine up on stubhub, but there will be games where my seats will be empty. Not the way I want it and not normal for us, but sometimes life gets in the way of football.

The purpose isn't to knock what your saying maniac, don't mean to come across that way, because I mostly agree with you on this issue and I don't have a solution either. But the fact is CDC will not punish ticket holders for tickets ending up on stubhub because he doesn't care. He's already been paid for those tickets. No longer his problem and there are butts in seats regardless if they are our butts or opposing butts. That also means increased revenue from concessions, swag, parking, etc. win win for TCU.

I sympathize with your situation, but I don't find it compelling enough to change my initial suggestion. I could maybe compromise and say if you sell a ticket more than twice in a season on stubhub, you lose your priority point... but then you run into the problem that it's usually 1 or 2 of the big games where people typically make most of their money back, so if you let them sell more than one or two games, they may still have their motivation to keep buying tickets. They just won't sell the other games.

There are other ways to sell your tickets that don't involve stubhub. If TCU inacted this policy, the ticket exchange on here would become a lot more used. There are also facebook groups that allow you to sell your tickets to fellow frogs. AND you don't have to deal with the ridiculous stubhub fees.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

It was in jest, of course I know you wouldn't give me your seats for free.

I might have actually taken you up on that offer, but I already have my own seats to renew. If I don't, won't i fall to the back of the line and be screwed for season tickets for years?

tcumaniac

I usually enjoy your posts quite a lot, but this one was just plain dumb.

Win or lose, I don't think it's unreasonable for TCU fans to expect to be sitting by fellow TCU fans in our home stadium.