• The KillerFrogs

2017 TCU Football Season Ticket Renewals

jake102

My only complaint is in stadium construction... the lower west side bowl is ridiculous. I have sat there a couple times for various reasons and you could drive a golf cart down the aisles. Idiotic.

For all those who complain about sitting around opposing fans, I am guessing you are selectively finding the 10% opposing fans and ignoring the 90% who are TCU fans. I have sat in a lot of different seats and rarely have I been alarmed at the % of opposing fans.

The #1 problem is that we have been a below average team for three of our five big 12 seasons... and we didn't know what we had in 2014 until after the OU game. IIRC the KState game/atmosphere was pretty awesome. We didn't have a single big time game in 2015.

cdsfrog

My only complaint is in stadium construction... the lower west side bowl is ridiculous. I have sat there a couple times for various reasons and you could drive a golf cart down the aisles. Idiotic.

For all those who complain about sitting around opposing fans, I am guessing you are selectively finding the 10% opposing fans and ignoring the 90% who are TCU fans. I have sat in a lot of different seats and rarely have I been alarmed at the % of opposing fans.

The #1 problem is that we have been a below average team for three of our five big 12 seasons... and we didn't know what we had in 2014 until after the OU game. IIRC the KState game/atmosphere was pretty awesome. We didn't have a single big time game in 2015.

Yep it's a complete lie about seat spacing. They have room to add 50%more seats. I emailed cdc with the specifications. Only time I never received a response

jake102

I'd say #7 Baylor was definitely a big time game, though obviously the weather meant it wasn't going to be K-State or Utah levels.

Yeh I didn't add Baylor due to weather.... kind of a big factor in game atmosphere. Plus we had no chance at playoffs at that point.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

I invite you to go and sit over in 232, 233, 234 about 10 rows up and tell me what you see. I got damned sick of it and moved. For what used to be a solid block of the most loyal, purple-bleeding fans imaginable, it has now gone all StubHub, all the time. Makes me want to puke.

tcumaniac

I invite you to go and sit over in 232, 233, 234 about 10 rows up and tell me what you see. I got damned sick of it and moved. For what used to be a solid block of the most loyal, purple-bleeding fans imaginable, it has now gone all StubHub, all the time. Makes me want to puke.

Ha! 234, 10 rows up are my exact seats for next year. Will be interested to see how bad it is this year.

Unfortunately, many club seat owners also own some of the more premium seats on the east side just to sell. Glad i'll be making it a few less.

Last edited:

Froginbedford

And remember the SWC days with Arkansas, A&M, Texas, and Tech bringing more than or equal to the number of fans TCU had...nearly always found myself sitting around them....Today's 90 per cent Frog fans is glorious....

Dogfrog

I can appreciate the thought here, but the problem I've always had with this line of thinking is that AGC was selling out with purple every week, and the re-seating interrupted that. But we know that's not the case. We've been complaining about attendance at AGC since the renaissance of TCU football began.

In 2009 and 2010, the years we were undefeated and Top 10 for most of the year, a 25 year old could flash an old student ID and pick his seat in the student section without any hassle. In the 8 years between the time I graduated and the re-seating, literally the ONLY time I had a problem getting both myself and my 60+ year old father in to the student section was the Utah game. Look at the 2006 Tech game and tell me that it's noticeably different than what we see today. It's not.

The only place that re-seating really had an impact is the lower East side. A side that is never on camera and barely anyone sees outside of those in the stadium. You can say "Yeah well the players see it", and yeah you're right that it's not ideal, but in the grand scheme of things it's hardly the biggest issue.

The reseating didn't create this environment. The size of the school and the competition around the DFW area did. The re-seating just scattershot more visiting fans in to the process (no doubt aided by the fact that those visiting fans are from bigger, more local schools than our MWC days).

Yea CDC was smart enough to understand that little TCU could never sellout season tickets unless he gave the biggest donors an opportunity to resell hundreds if not thousands of season tickets to opponents for profit or at least to recoup some of their investment. Actually brilliant. Makes for a crappy game day atmosphere for some fans but he achieved goal.

ticketfrog123

Dumb question and a legit follow up.

Dumb: points from capital projects (3 / $100) roll off every 6 years?

...are people really complaining about the east side seats being sold off? Would assume the focus would be on the better seats in the west side.

Agreed that it should be all purple regardless.

Opintel

Moderators
Related subject - where will ADA parking be this year? Very hard to get out of the parking garage, hope it's somewhere else.

frog-hat

Ha! 234, 10 rows up are my exact seats for next year. Will be interested to see how bad it is this year.

Unfortunately, many club seat owners also own some of the more premium seats on the east side just to sell. Glad i'll be making it a few less.
When do they show up on Stubhub. Not there now. I need some for a couple of older friends that probably need 1st or 2nd row near the aisle.

SnoSki

Thank you. Love my seats, but yes, yes yes.

6 rows up in section 235. Visiting fans in almost the entire row behind me, visiting fans at the end of my row. Every single game, every single opponent. Even SMU and the body bag games in week 1.

Bob Sugar

Thank you. Love my seats, but yes, yes yes.

6 rows up in section 235. Visiting fans in almost the entire row behind me, visiting fans at the end of my row. Every single game, every single opponent. Even SMU and the body bag games in week 1.

One would think the hoards of "real TCU fans" would try to buy them on stubhub as well, since they could not get season tickets due to all of the squatters.

One would think the hoards of "real TCU fans" would try to buy them on stubhub as well, since they could not get season tickets due to all of the squatters.
Exactly.

People who can't get the tickets they want through TCU need to just sell the tickets they have (and continue to accrue Priority Points), and then buy the tickets that they actually want on the open market. Opposing fans do it, so why don't the hoards of TCU fans?

I have a few extra seats in premium areas, and I sell them as season tickets at cost to TCU fans. Three buyers have re-upped every year for the past three years. I don't make a penny from them, but I do like the security of having the extra seats, the points, and the tax deduction.

Dogfrog

Exactly.

People who can't get the tickets they want through TCU need to just sell the tickets they have (and continue to accrue Priority Points), and then buy the tickets that they actually want on the open market. Opposing fans do it, so why don't the hoards of TCU fans?

I have a few extra seats in premium areas, and I sell them as season tickets at cost to TCU fans. Three buyers have re-upped every year for the past three years. I don't make a penny from them, but I do like the security of having the extra seats, the points, and the tax deduction.

If people are going to game the system to their own benefit this is the way to do it. Unfortunately this is not how most do it.

cdsfrog

The market isn't that great. I'm selling my 303 seats basically cost for 4 seats. Otherwise I will sell the entire set on StubHub for less than any other ticket price, probably $500 each. $400 to frog fans

Other than the absolute best seats unless you get lucky I doubt it's worth the effort. Lower chairback and club are different though. Supply is so limited they go for a lot.

GF I did the same for the last 3 years but they cancelled this year.

tcumaniac

This comment is absolutely moronic and has zero basis other than your apparent inability to comprehend a real problem.

Real TCU fans want to have season tickets through TCU. They want to accumulate their own priority points and have ownership of their seat. They shouldn’t be expected to buy their tickets every week on stubhub.

Obtaining season tickets has never been the problem. The problem is that a majority of the premium seats are bought up solely for the purpose of reselling on StubHub before the real TCU fan even has access to them.