COMMITTED 03/17/2015

WES HARRIS - Aledo HS / 6'4" / 295 lbs
COMMITTED 05/30/2015 - #2 OG for 2017

SHAWN ROBINSON - Guyer HS - Ht 6-3 Wt 207 40 4.48
COMMITTED 06/26/2015 - #1 Dual Threat QB for 2017

BAM Frog

traderfrog, on 28 Jun 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:
Recruiting News:

Anthony Hines III ('17) visited campus today - #4 OLB, #11 TX, #77 National. Hines will be back again on 7/17 for the Under the Lights camp. Hines currently has 72 offers (!!) from FBS programs.

Baron Browning ('17) visited campus again - #1 ILB, #6 TX, #30 National.

Baron tweeted this out after his visit today...interpret however you want.
3h3 hours ago
6⃣ ‏@baronbrwnng
Me and @2017D1Prospect gone be the next Big LB duo

West Coast Johnny

BAM Frog said:
traderfrog, on 28 Jun 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:
Recruiting News:

Anthony Hines III ('17) visited campus today - #4 OLB, #11 TX, #77 National. Hines will be back again on 7/17 for the Under the Lights camp. Hines currently has 72 offers (!!) from FBS programs.

Baron Browning ('17) visited campus again - #1 ILB, #6 TX, #30 National.

Baron tweeted this out after his visit today...interpret however you want.
3h3 hours ago
6⃣ ‏@baronbrwnng
Me and @2017D1Prospect gone be the next Big LB duo
As good as the Robinson commit was for us, it would not compare to the importance of landing one or both of these guys.  I don't think TCU has ever recruited an elite high school linebacker even though we pump our graduating LBs straight into the NFL every year. 

Ron Swanson

West Coast Johnny said:
As good as the Robinson commit was for us, it would not compare to the importance of landing one or both of these guys.  I don't think TCU has ever recruited an elite linebacker even though we pump our graduating LBs straight into the NFL every year. 
Disagree

QB commits are who teams build recruiting classes around. Highly ranked recruits want to play with big time QBs.

I don't think we could've landed a commitment from anyone on the planet that would've been better for us from a recruiting standpoint than Shawn Robinson.

And it happened so early, which is incredible.

Agree QB's most important player on a team.  Helps get O-lineman, Receivers, and maybe a Tight End if we would ever throw a pass to one.   Even running backs want to play for an e-lite QB the threat of pass opens holes up for running backs.  

Defense is TCU's strenght and I would love Gary to get elite talent, but only if they work like a 2 star to get better.  In the Big 12 you can't have enough CB's, LB's, and Safeties who can cover top receiving talent in the Big 12.   Gary will get the top tier talent in 2017 and has some in 2016.   Once we win the National Championship the sky is the limit.  It sure is nice to win some recruiting battles against the Big names like Alabama, Ohio State, Texas, OU, FL. State, USC, etc.  

West Coast Johnny

Ron Swanson said:
Disagree

QB commits are who teams build recruiting classes around. Highly ranked recruits want to play with big time QBs.

I don't think we could've landed a commitment from anyone on the planet that would've been better for us from a recruiting standpoint than Shawn Robinson.

And it happened so early, which is incredible.
Agree with you on the importance of Robinson to putting the class together.  My comment was regarding the hit or miss nature of QB recruiting as compared to the can't miss nature of recruiting defensive athletes which seems more precise.  QB recruiting is an inexact science.

Portland Frog

It will be interesting to see the impact Robinson's verbal has on the defensive side of the ball in general for 2017 commits. Do any 4-5* DTs, DEs, follow?

TronCarter

Robinson's film reminds me a ton of Boykin's. So damn pumped to get him. If we were to get Baron and/or Anthony, then Spec's is about to get a lot of my money.

West Coast Johnny

Portland Frog said:
It will be interesting to see the impact Robinson's verbal has on the defensive side of the ball in general for 2017 commits. Do any 4-5* DTs, DEs, follow?
Seems like we have the most trouble recruiting DTs and LBs.  The coaches are just getting started in the evaluation process with defensive linemen for 2017 because I don't think we have many offers outstanding at the position.  We do have an offer out to Marvin Wilson who's a national recruit out of Houston Episcopal. 

Punter1

West Coast Johnny said:
Agree with you on the importance of Robinson to putting the class together.  My comment was regarding the hit or miss nature of QB recruiting as compared to the can't miss nature of recruiting defensive athletes which seems more precise.  QB recruiting is an inexact science.
Getting a QB like Robinson IMO is 10x more important then getting a 5star LB. Yea I'd love both..but gimme a choice...it's the QB everyday hands down.

BAM Frog

Portland Frog said:
I think Robinson's verbal can help finish out 2016 as well. Big time players who might be on the fence will probably be more likely to commit when they see other big time players do the same. We are truly establishing a lasting elite program IMO, even more so than in the past decade or so. It's a great time to be a Frog and recruits are noticing.

West Coast Johnny

Punter1 said:
Getting a QB like Robinson IMO is 10x more important then getting a 5star LB. Yea I'd love both..but gimme a choice...it's the QB everyday hands down.
I think we agree on Robinson - he's the real deal and is going to be awesome.  Imagine a Gary Patterson Defense with two 5 star linebackers lurking in the middle....

cdsfrog

TronCarter said:
Robinson's film reminds me a ton of Boykin's. So damn pumped to get him. If we were to get Baron and/or Anthony, then Spec's is about to get a lot of my money.

Probably Boykin's senior film. That's nothing against Boykin who clearly works harder to improve himself than practically any QB. More a testament to just how good this guy has the potential to be.

Punter1

West Coast Johnny said:
I think we agree on Robinson - he's the real deal and is going to be awesome.  Imagine a Gary Patterson Defense with two 5 star linebackers lurking in the middle....
This next comment is in no way meant to diminish the talent of past linebackers...but our LBs are kinda like Texas Tech QBs. GP's genius and defensive schemes put these guys in position to accumulate crazy stats and play in a lot of cases way above their ability.

I'm just saying I'd trust Patterson to develop/mold/scheme just about anybody into an elite LB. He's done it with walkons, 2 stars and jucos for years.

Gimme an elite QB...a guy that will touch and affect the game every play.

PhillyFrog

That QB is young enough, he might also grow another inch or two taller before he graduates.

Shaking my head that he just turned 16.    At that age, you don't even know what you don't know.

Moose Stuff

West Coast Johnny said:
As good as the Robinson commit was for us, it would not compare to the importance of landing one or both of these guys.  I don't think TCU has ever recruited an elite high school linebacker even though we pump our graduating LBs straight into the NFL every year. 
Completely disagree with your opening sentence.

Kyle101011

GiveEmHell said:
What has Anthony Hines said about TCU. I like the way he plays. Seen some film of him playing at Plano East.
On Twitter he said is he had a great time at TCU. I counted an impressive 74 offers according to ESPN. Would love to have him

TronCarter

cdsfrog said:

Probably Boykin's senior film. That's nothing against Boykin who clearly works harder to improve himself than practically any QB. More a testament to just how good this guy has the potential to be.

HS Boykin's and HS Waymon's senior films are some of the best/funnest highlights I've watched.