• The KillerFrogs

2017 NFL Draft Thread

Chongo94

Sorry, but I just don't see it. It's been three years and Mahomes still throws off his back foot on almost every throw. Way too much of a backyard baller. He could succeed, especially if given time, but I'd be willing to bet it never really happens for him.

SnoSki

Sorry, but I just don't see it. It's been three years and Mahomes still throws off his back foot on almost every throw. Way too much of a backyard baller. He could succeed, especially if given time, but I'd be willing to bet it never really happens for him.

Great in college but kind of a faster Tebow.

TCURiggs

Great in college but kind of a faster Tebow.

Completely disagree. He's not as good of a runner as Tebow was, although very elusive/slippery behind the LOS, but they're not even on the same planet throwing the ball.

I understand the crowd that doesn't think he's polished enough, or holds the Tech system against him, but he has all of the tools to be a stud NFL QB. I see him as having the potential of a Roethlisberger or Favre type.

Chongo94

I see him as having the potential of a Roethlisberger or Favre type.

Not even close Riggs, sorry. I mean I guess if you're just going off potential alone, then maybe, yeah. But he won't have their careers whatsoever. His arm strength is ridiculous though, there's no doubt about that.

All of this is pretty moot at this point anyway, only time will tell. I could end up being vastly wrong about him.

This is just a pretty awful qb class per NFL qualities all the way around it seems.

Last edited:

TCURiggs

Not even close Riggs, sorry. I mean I guess if you're just going off potential alone, then maybe, yeah. But he won't have their careers whatsoever. His arm strength is ridiculous though, there's no doubt about that.

All of this is pretty moot at this point anyway, only time will tell. I could end up being vastly wrong about him.

This is just a pretty awful qb class per NFL qualities all the way around it seems.

Of course I'm just going off potential alone, which is why I said "potential." I'm obviously not saying he's going to have that kind of career, but he's in their mold with his potential. I also said I understood the concerns about him. I'm just throwing out my opinion, like everyone else.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Here's the real question....

Would anyone pull an Elway/Manning if Cleveland drafted you, even with all those millions on the table?

SuperBarrFrog

Of course I'm just going of potential alone, which is why I said "potential." I'm obviously not saying he's going to have that kind of career, but he's in their mold with his potential. I also said I understood the concerns about him. I'm just throwing out my opinion like everyone else.

I'll take the bait. Obviously my Chefs will win at least 2 Super Bowls with Mahomes, while he leads the league in passing 7 times. Book it!

Realtorfrog

I'll take the bait. Obviously my Chefs will win at least 2 Super Bowls with Mahomes, while he leads the league in passing 7 times. Book it!

Huge upside, kid is tough and can throw it deep. Runs well. Still surprised he didn't choose baseball but a top 10 pick in football isn't too shabby.

Pharm Frog

Bengals went and drafted speedy WR John Ross out of Washington.

Gives Dalton a weapon he really could have used last season.

Watch for them to take Mixon at #41 if they don't trade the pick. Almost every talking head up here says Bengals want JM on Day 2. No idea if they know what they're talking about. Personally I don't care. Wish Andy was elsewhere regardless of who they pick.

f_399

Wonder what the seahawks want to do? They didn't have a first round pick right?

Are they going for a QB in the later rounds?

TCURiggs

Wonder what the seahawks want to do? They didn't have a first round pick right?

Are they going for a QB in the later rounds?

I think I read that they have 6 picks today over rounds 2 and 3. No clue what they're going to do, but it's gonna be a lot.