• The KillerFrogs

2017 Football Season Predictions

LeagueCityFrog

I'm going 10-2 and agree with SnoSki. We are going to get a W at either OU or Arkansas. We've been so close at OU the last two times there. Stillwater is kryptonite for Gary Patterson. We win all 6 games at home because they bring back Super Frog's intro song that was missing all last season and we have more flyovers.

Thank God KU is at home this season. Wink wink. I think there is a perfect mix that's about to happen. A team out to prove something, Turpin and Nixon back hopefully for a full year, wide receivers out to show they can catch a ball, and a defense that looks to have the needed size and speed to compete against both smash mouth SEC and K-State type teams but can cover the OSU, Baylor, and Tech teams. With OU and UT having new coaches and Arkansas unexpectedly losing their star running back, why not atleast 10-2.

A 10-2 should be good enough for second place, and that's all we would need to get into the Big XII championship game in Arlington. TCU is 2-1 so far in that venue and it was a 3 point game in the 4th quarter in the game we Los t. Just saying.

Gary and friends will be bigger and meaner this year and will bounce back.

Also, don't forget those 3 studs we have a running back, Hicks, Sewo, Anderson, plus Turpin running that fly sweep. I would expect more running plays than throwing this fall.

ShreveFrog

Hopefully we win at least 1 out of 3 of our tough roadies to Arky and Okies. If so, I could see us running the rest of the table for a 10-2 regular season. ( Optimistic? Yes)

10 and 2 we finally win at Oklahoma state. We lose at Texas Tech and finally kansas pulls off the upset.

We could easily loose to OU and Arkansas, but hopefully we win the close games this year.

TX_Krötenechse

8-4. Lose to OU, WVU, OSU, and one of Texas, KSU, or Arky.

I think we will be set up well on defense, but until I see meaningful improvement in the pass game over last season (or a much stronger emphasis on the run game) and solid kicking, I think will have a hard time winning more than 8.

I think this should be one of our best defenses in the Big 12 era and maybe the best in the Big 12. If we can figure out a few things then we will be good.

tcumaniac

10-2.

We beat Arkansas and finally pull off a win in Stillwater. Finally.

Frogs get going on a huge roll, but stumble in Manhattan against KSU. We bounce back, but lose again in Norman.

OU has three losses in conference, so we advance to the championship game for a rematch against K-State.

Frogs pull off the win and make it to the playoffs.

Unfortunately, we lose first playoff game to eventual champion.

tcumaniac

10-2.

We beat Arkansas and finally pull off a win in Stillwater. Finally.

Frogs get going on a huge roll, but stumble in Manhattan against KSU. We bounce back, but lose again in Norman.

OU has three losses in conference, so we advance to the championship game for a rematch against K-State.

Frogs pull off the win and make it to the playoffs.

Unfortunately, we lose first playoff game to eventual champion.

Actually. No way this happens. But it was fun to type up.

Pharm Frog

Who are the losses to in your prediction?

I really don't do it like that. I do look at the schedule and try to get a feel for it (days off, road v home, midweek games (none so far), opponents' schedules, and stuff). If I just went game by game, I'd probably go with 7-5 but I have low confidence that we will win all of the games that we should win and have a little hope that we may have a big upset in us at some point. I think the D is going to be better (borrowing injuries) and I hope that O is better. But hope isn't comforting. I have no freakin' idea about the kicking part of our the special teams. If pressed, I think we drop to Arkie, OU, OSU, KSU, WVU and one other (possibly TTU if that game is played at night or UT). Would be delighted for my prediction to be very wrong. It was last year so trying out a different strategy.

The best news if that my pre-game predictions are predetermined to have us finishing 0-12 so 6-6 is quite optimistic.

I think another interesting thread is to predict how many games we will be leading at halftime.

Bob

What? No way
Who are the losses to in your prediction?

Easier to predict the wins - 1st game, Baylor, and 1 out of 2 vs. Kansas teams (maybe). Why? Patterson makes the worst decision of his career by starting Kenny Hill and Dan Sharp coaches the DL which just lost 2 great players and unproven backups have Sharp to teach them. No proven kicker again. Oh, did I mention Sharp also coaches Special Teams? And, except for Center, hope that this OL will improve is a pipe dream but at least they have a coach now. Too late for this season though. LBs are good but will be making plays 7 yards or more downfield again. And, a certain CB will earn the nickname toast.