• The KillerFrogs

2017 Football season countdown thread

ScottPatrick

DGtkZnpUwAQyVVF.jpg

TCURiggs

If hill is making good decisions, that will go a long way.

Not worried about the WRs as much.

They led the country in drops and often ran the wrong routes last season, according to our Head Coach. I'd say it's a little worrisome that GP still isn't liking what he sees.

ScottPatrick

Is this a good thing? Tough to take one of the best LBers in the conference and change his position, right?

He and Alex Bush both lining up at DE so far. To me not a good sign but guess it is necessary, was hoping Epley would make more of a splash early and Boesen must be struggling.

berryfrog95

Mendez had what I thought was a poor interview a few days ago on 104.9 horn in Austin. TCU was preseason #23 and they chose him, Denton and Burdine on separate interviews thru the day.....he was pessimistic on the Frogs in several regards, a lot of angst towards Hill; not liking Howard-Summers combo as much; not sold on DL or OL.....The DJs were like wow, kinda down on the home team.....they were more optimistic on the Frogs.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Mendez had what I thought was a poor interview a few days ago on 104.9 horn in Austin. TCU was preseason #23 and they chose him, Denton and Burdine on separate interviews thru the day.....he was pessimistic on the Frogs in several regards, a lot of angst towards Hill; not liking Howard-Summers combo as much; not sold on DL or OL.....The DJs were like wow, kinda down on the home team.....they were more optimistic on the Frogs.
He scheissing sucks.

MinFrog

They led the country in drops and often ran the wrong routes last season, according to our Head Coach. I'd say it's a little worrisome that GP still isn't liking what he sees.

But didn't GP say they have been good, just had a bad day?

I guess I am more confident that someone will step up from the larger group. It's nice to hear our far and away best option at QB is throwing well. I would hate to rely on a true freshman.

The general opinion on Arkansas' Fan Forum seems to suggest that the Hogs will rely very heavily on

a run oriented offense in their forthcoming game with the Frogs. Two contributing factors.....the Hogs

are extremely young/inexperienced at WR and TCU's loss of key personnel on the interior of their defensive line

should make them considerable more vulnerable......;)

ThisIsOurTime

The general opinion on Arkansas' Fan Forum seems to suggest that the Hogs will rely very heavily on

a run oriented offense in their forthcoming game with the Frogs. Two contributing factors.....the Hogs

are extremely young/inexperienced at WR and TCU's loss of key personnel on the interior of their defensive line

should make them considerable more vulnerable......;)

That would have likely been the case regardless. Bert's teams have always been run oriented. Should be a good early test for our DL and LBs. That being said I am happy to see their talented TEs have graduated as they gave us trouble last year.

RB Rawleigh Williams, who was the major contributor in the Hog's offense (28 carries, 137 yards, 4.9 avg.)

in their game against us in 2016, has been forced to retire due to a recurring neck injury.