• The KillerFrogs

2017 College World Series Thread

ftwfrog

Flying in and out of Kansas City is great. Easy, quick drive to Omaha and shorter flights because of no layovers. Hot tips...
BBQ in KC - Jack's Stack in the Freight House location for a sit-down dinner, excellent overall experience and best sides as previously mentioned. Gates BBQ on State Line Road, beef on bun on bread please, and yes that is correct. And the pork ribs at Joe's KC in the Shamrock Gas Station over on the KC, KS side are considered by many, including Anthony Bourdain, the best ribs in the world.

And if any of the ladies are coming along, KC has the best chocolate shop in the US. Swiss family started it. It is called Andre's. The ladies can build their own personal box of chocolates.

https://andreschocolates.com

If the kids are coming along, definitely the Henry Dorley Zoo in Omaha. The Kids Museum at Union Station in downtown Kansas City is awesome and the DeAnna Rose Kids Farm on the Kansas side in Overland Park.

For tickets at the actual game, I would recommend lower level seats with an over hang, like row 24-29. It rained two CWS ago and everyone wanted those seats.

I'll be there.

League City Frog
Thanks LCF!

As mentioned earlier, The Blatt rooftop across from Amritrade Field is one of my favorite spots in America.

Might I add the Dundee area of Omaha for fun restaurants, places to grab a beer, and the Ecreamery that was mentioned earlier. They make an ice cream flavor for each team in the CWS. When one is eliminated, so is the flavor.

Taking the kids this year, any other suggestions other than the zoo? They are easily entertained, might go find a splash of or see a movie during the day.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
Thanks LCF!

As mentioned earlier, The Blatt rooftop across from Amritrade Field is one of my favorite spots in America.

Might I add the Dundee area of Omaha for fun restaurants, places to grab a beer, and the Ecreamery that was mentioned earlier. They make an ice cream flavor for each team in the CWS. When one is eliminated, so is the flavor.

Taking the kids this year, any other suggestions other than the zoo? They are easily entertained, might go find a splash of or see a movie during the day.

The kids would enjoy Funplex in South O. It's no Henry-Doorly, but it will get the job done.

http://fun-plex.com/

PO Frog

Faedo's slider/cutter is nasty when you're gearing up for his extremely good fastball. I expect we watch A LOT of pitches and try to get him out as early as possible. He threw twice in the SR, although limited outings, so maybe he will still be off schedule. Good fastballs have eaten us alive this year. Going to great a great pitcher's duel I think.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Thanks LCF!

+4 on the Dundee area for eating, Pitch Pizzeria is one of the most unique eateries I've been to and their truffle fries and brussels sprouts are amazing, as are their signature pies.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Faedo's slider/cutter is nasty when you're gearing up for his extremely good fastball. I expect we watch A LOT of pitches and try to get him out as early as possible. He threw twice in the SR, although limited outings, so maybe he will still be off schedule. Good fastballs have eaten us alive this year. Going to great a great pitcher's duel I think.
This. Watched him pitch last night, and he was wicked. We need to be ready for that slider. He didn't seem to throw it as much for a strike as he did to bait a bad swing. Patience is key.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
The Blatt was amazing, but the layout of surrounding bars/restauraunts/businesses is so much better at TD.

Plus you don't need a lifted 4x4 to park..