• The KillerFrogs

2017 College World Series Thread

OmniscienceFrog

It could be done but wouldn't be "made for TV". I do wonder if they should return to sending losers across the bracket to avoid repetitive matchups.
Right, it could be done, but I don't think any of the teams would be too keen on playing some 9:00 am games, which would be necessary to play all the games at one site.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Theyre like the hoe that hangs out with gangmembers, gets shared around, and then talks [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] to other gangs.

I like the analogy. The SEC has certainly made Aggy their bioatch. Aggy just lays back and enjoys it, because their alternative is sheep sex.

Pharm Frog

Right, it could be done, but I don't think any of the teams would be too keen on playing some 9:00 am games, which would be necessary to play all the games at one site.

Omaha has another ballpark where the Storm Chasers play. It "only" seats 9000 but I think that would be plenty if they were playing two games simultaneously. Like I said....it won't happen but it could. There was some commentary again this year from a couple of college baseball analysts who advocated lowering the number of playoff teams and turning every round into a series.

Pharm Frog

I was half right.

Technically you were a 25% right BUT you expressed it as a "want" not a prediction. It's good to have dreams.

Go home after two losses = check.
Know they don't belong = nope. as long as they "belong" to the SEC, they are winners.
Believe they don't belong = see above
Feeling stick with them for a long time = the only feelings that stick with them are feelings of unearned self-importance and mutton anus.

Omaha has another ballpark where the Storm Chasers play. It "only" seats 9000 but I think that would be plenty if they were playing two games simultaneously. Like I said....it won't happen but it could. There was some commentary again this year from a couple of college baseball analysts who advocated lowering the number of playoff teams and turning every round into a series.

In the old days, it was all 8 in one bracket, right? I seem to remember morning games when I was a kid. And if you came from the loser's bracket, you had to double-dip the other team to win it all. Sometimes the championship was won on Saturday, sometimes Sunday.

Also seem to remember that once they went to the 4/4 format (maybe around 2000 or when the Super Regional format was introduced? ) the winners of the brackets just played a one game championship. Always thought it was weird if one team already had a loss and the other didn't, the former only needed to win one game.

Also seem to remember they used to reseed the teams. Not a big fan of the 3 game playoff...just seems like too long to drag out a singular event. Wouldn't be opposed to going back to one of the old formats.

Pharm Frog

In the old days, it was all 8 in one bracket, right? I seem to remember morning games when I was a kid. And if you came from the loser's bracket, you had to double-dip the other team to win it all. Sometimes the championship was won on Saturday, sometimes Sunday.

Also seem to remember that once they went to the 4/4 format (maybe around 2000 or when the Super Regional format was introduced? ) the winners of the brackets just played a one game championship. Always thought it was weird if one team already had a loss and the other didn't, the former only needed to win one game.

Also seem to remember they used to reseed the teams. Not a big fan of the 3 game playoff...just seems like too long to drag out a singular event. Wouldn't be opposed to going back to one of the old formats.

With slight objection to "old days"...yes, it was an eight team bracket as you describe. Don't recall re-seeding but could have happened. Didn't mean as much in the single bracket because loser's traveled across the bracket. And, I think your point about a "single event" is interesting. It's really not a single event. It's a regional followed by a super-regional but it is branded as the CWS as if its a singular event. The only thing I think is too long is the typical game itself. Gotta speed some stuff up within these games (last night's game an exception)

EDIT - would have less objection had it been "good old days"