• The KillerFrogs

2017 Baseball Season Thread

Pharm Frog

Comment From BiilW
Tough weekend for TCU but except for base running mistakes they could have easily won the WV series. However the Tuesday game of Traver pitching was hopefully encouraging. I still think the Frogs are setting up a nice post season run. Thoughts?

php0avx8xkendallrogers-150x150.jpg

Kendall Rogers:
Bill — I agree. The Frogs have four very very solid starters and Traver is just icing on the cake. I’d still be shocked if the Frogs weren’t in Omaha in June.

Punter1

I've got a question...or three...

Who plays 2nd, SS and 3rd next year?? I think the outfield is set with Watson, Wade (I hope he stays) and either CW or Austin I. And 1st is set with CW or Baker and catcher if Skoug leaves is ZH.

But it seems those 3 infield positions will come from people that aren't on campus now. Is that safe to assume??

Pharm Frog

I've got a question...or three...

Who plays 2nd, SS and 3rd next year?? I think the outfield is set with Watson, Wade (I hope he stays) and either CW or Austin I. And 1st is set with CW or Baker and catcher if Skoug leaves is ZH.

But it seems those 3 infield positions will come from people that aren't on campus now. Is that safe to assume??

I have no idea on most of these questions and I do not know the kid or his family situation, but I have a hunch that Wade leaves and Skoug does as well.

Punter1

I have no idea on most of these questions and I do not know the kid or his family situation, but I have a hunch that Wade leaves and Skoug does as well.

I was thinking Skoug was a pretty good bet...but not Wade. I just don't see him being drafted high enough to be worth it. But I have no idea what scouts see or don't see in him.

Pharm Frog

I was thinking Skoug was a pretty good bet...but not Wade. I just don't see him being drafted high enough to be worth it. But I have no idea what scouts see or don't see in him.

Without knowing anything at all about his priorities, family financial condition, possible draft position, and progress toward his degree (which are major criteria), I'm basing my hunch on what unfortunately may be the Barzilli effect. But my hunches are very often wrong on these types of things and I hope this one is as well.

Purp

Without knowing anything at all about his priorities, family financial condition, possible draft position, and progress toward his degree (which are major criteria), I'm basing my hunch on what unfortunately may be the Barzilli effect. But my hunches are very often wrong on these types of things and I hope this one is as well.
AW is the type of player I would always be surprised to see return for a final year.

I think the reason so many guys returned from last year's squad is that they felt they were so close to a national title they wanted to come back and win it together. So many primary guys on this roster are out of eligibility following this season I don't see the same appeal for the juniors on this roster. I'm bracing for an enormous exodus and a lot of turnover from this year to next year. We be happy to be wrong, though.

GoFrog Yourself

Wade has one of the best averages on the team (if not the best, too lazy to look) and is solid in the field. Not sure he can improve much on what he's done this season and he's only built on last season's success

ShadowFrog

Moderators
The "feel" aspect is the level of control, or "weight" the team imposes on their opponent. This year's Frog team simply does not seem as dominant at times, based simply on consistency. Sunday's game being a prime example. Championship teams don't go all sloppy like that. Where did the team that choked the life out of LSU go?

One hopes that these flabby efforts stop. The team knows better than anyone that they played badly. How to fix it, and how to keep it from snowballing can only be handled from within. Yeah, yeah, yeah: "But we're 27-8!" We just went on the road, to play a pretty good team, and stunk up the joint. Methinks this week will be pretty tough in practice and focus...

Wisdom