• The KillerFrogs

2017 Baseball Season Thread

tcumaniac

Technically he should be getting $60 total. On 2/1 odds, his original bet gets returned on top of double what he bet (hence the 2/1 odds).

So his original $20 + ($20 x 2) = $60. At least that's how it works at the track

No. In your scenario I may be getting back $60, but since I already put $20 in, I'm only really making $40.

Neither of us actually put money in, so $20 doesn't need to be returned to me. Therefore, $40 is the correct payout (but I do like RollToad's idea).

Last edited:

tcumaniac

Meh. Not to me. Tcu is the only school I root for now.

Not trying to knock you too much, but many of us have hated UT for as long as we can remember... some people much longer than I've even been alive. So to claim you were a UT fan and then even still "kinda" a fan of them while you were a student at TCU is slightly annoying from someone with my perspective.

It kind of comes across as "I was a UT fan until TCU coveniently started being good and cool to root for," which has been the case for a lot of folks.

Out of fairness to you, both your parents and a majority of your family went to UT, so I can't really fault you for growing up a longhorn. Both my parents went to TCU, so I grew up a diehard Frog, and luckily never had to experience changing allegiances, so I'll give you a pass.

cdsfrog

Well that's fair maniac but I can clarify. I'm very close to my uncle, aunt, and cousins all 4 of which went to UT. I went to a UT game in 07 but any fandom I had slowly went away shortly after. I had a strong connection to that University since I was a kid, similar to you with TCU.

MTfrog5

Well that's fair maniac but I can clarify. I'm very close to my uncle, aunt, and cousins all 4 of which went to UT. I went to a UT game in 07 but any fandom I had slowly went away shortly after. I had a strong connection to that University since I was a kid, similar to you with TCU.
This not everyone is born a TCU fan. My entire moms side went to Texas so I was pretty split growing up. I started to become more and more of a TCU fan after they won the title against USC because people called themselves fans but didn't know who the head coach was. Never forget the first time I openly wanted Texas to lose when not playing TCU was the Big 12 title game against Nebraska. And you should thank my dad maniac because he didn't go to TCU grew up a fan during the 70's and has had tickets my entire life. I didn't go to TCU either. Without non alums like us TCU would not be where it is today

James Penny

Not trying to knock you too much, but many of us have hated UT for as long as we can remember... some people much longer than I've even been alive. So to claim you were a UT fan and then even still "kinda" a fan of them while you were a student at TCU is slightly annoying from someone with my perspective.

It kind of comes across as "I was a UT fan until TCU coveniently started being good and cool to root for," which has been the case for a lot of folks.

Out of fairness to you, both your parents and a majority of your family went to UT, so I can't really fault you for growing up a longhorn. Both my parents went to TCU, so I grew up a diehard Frog, and luckily never had to experience changing allegiances, so I'll give you a pass.

Ha. Maniac... You are the most rediculous person I've ever had the pleasure of observing on a message board.

I wish we were friends... I would give you so much crap for never displaying the natural ability to recognize that other people aren't wrong for having their own opinions/thought processes/experiences that differ from yours.

We would argue, then call each other names, then go enjoy nachos together at Lupton.

You keep on doing you... It's greatness.

Pharm Frog

I really can't argue much with that list other than I think JJ and Wade merited a roster spot on one of those "teams". Could make a case for DF as well. But I've never been one that puts much stock in the opinion of BA anyway.