• The KillerFrogs

2017 Baseball Recruits

Rockhound

Out of curiosity, why did the pitching ship sail? Was it 100% related to focusing on one thing (hitting)?

Yeh... really thought based on what we heard that Ingrahim would play a ton this year. Didn't happen
Ingraham didn't put the work in and had a problem being late for practice.

Moose Stuff

From Tournament of Stars. Should probably start a 2018 thread so you guys can start worrying about guys like Thomas, Kloffenstein, and Gil.

Pharm Frog

I am not proud to admit that I have no idea what this Childress tweet is supposed to convey. They have train tracks behind their fence? They are recruiting L D Bell HS? Reference to chooin' tabakee? Is there video with this or just the post? I've got to be missing something....

Pharm Frog

I guess we're on Wade watch now with the Indians. They took Wade in the 5th and Rivera (FL catcher) in the 6th. Rivera is still busy at least for one more night. I don't think they've officially signed their first pick or Freeman (second pick) and both may be waiting it out to see what money the Sons of Geronimo have to offer them.

Moose Stuff

I am not proud to admit that I have no idea what this Childress tweet is supposed to convey. They have train tracks behind their fence? They are recruiting L D Bell HS? Reference to chooin' tabakee? Is there video with this or just the post? I've got to be missing something....

They have train tracks behind their RF fence. Aggie takes great pleasure in getting the conductor to make choo choo noises. They like this even more than when someone pats the opposing pitcher on the butt but less than making bubbles.

Pharm Frog

They have train tracks behind their RF fence. Aggie takes great pleasure in getting the conductor to make choo choo noises. They like this even more than when someone pats the opposing pitcher on the butt but less than making bubbles.

So this is about the train tracks....dumb IMO. FWIW - I've hated Olsen field since I was 13 years old and my team from ORWALL got smacked down 20-1 by a visiting Taiwanese team. Never had a lot of success in parks with adjacent train tracks. Gave up a HR when I was a freshman at Brenham's Fireman's Park in a tourney to a fella named Ron Gant that I'm not sure has landed just yet. 0-2 pitch. Pfather of Pharm has never let me forget about that one. Was definitely the longest HR I ever gave up. The fastest one was to Jeremy Burnitz. First baseman actually jumped. Ball proceeded to chop down twenty pine trees over the right field fence at Conroe's field. Don't remember any train tracks there but wanted to throw myself under a train after that rope.

Moose Stuff

I guess we're on Wade watch now with the Indians. They took Wade in the 5th and Rivera (FL catcher) in the 6th. Rivera is still busy at least for one more night. I don't think they've officially signed their first pick or Freeman (second pick) and both may be waiting it out to see what money the Sons of Geronimo have to offer them.

I believe Freeman will be an above slot bonus if they sign him and it's fairly common practice to not sign those guys until the other top 10 round guys are signed (or at the very least until the player/players who are signing for below slot to compensate for the overpay have been taken care of). If you sign the above slot guy first and then can't sign the below slot guy for below slot you really screw yourself under the new slotted sysytem. You don't just lose the player that you can't sign in that scenario. You also lose his slotted bonus amount from your pool and will be penalized for going over your bonus allotment for the top 10 rounds. It's a bit confusing and much easier to understand if I verbalized it vs typing it out.

Pharm Frog

I believe Freeman will be an above slot bonus if they sign him and it's fairly common practice to not sign those guys until the other top 10 round guys are signed (or at the very least until the player/players who are signing for below slot to compensate for the overpay have been taken care of). If you sign the above slot guy first and then can't sign the below slot guy for below slot you really screw yourself under the new slotted sysytem. You don't just lose the player that you can't sign in that scenario. You also lose his slotted bonus amount from your pool and will be penalized for going over your bonus allotment for the top 10 rounds. It's a bit confusing and much easier to understand if I verbalized it vs typing it out.

I think they've signed three of their top 10 below slot and one above at this point. Wade and Rivera have been preoccupied. There's only Wade, Rivera, Freeman, and their first pick (2nd rounder) left among the Top 10. Indians are making a run at being my least favorite MLB team. jk

Couple updates:

Shane Baz signed with the Pirates for $4.1mm bonus, just slightly over the pick slot of $4.032mm

Jacob Gonzales signed with the Giants for $950k, just slightly under the pick slot of $1.1mm (wow)

FrogCoach84

Not 2017 but an offer went out to 2018 OF Kason Howell out of Argyle Liberty Christian today. Frogs already have a commitment from his 2018 teammate, P Dawson Barr.

Howell is a 6.4 runner that just made the Rangers Area Code team. He's been a three year starter in both football and baseball heading into his senior year.