• The KillerFrogs

2017 Baseball Recruits

flyfishingfrog

A quick glance at his Twitter strongly suggests he's a Cleveland Indian, or intends to be very soon.
so who does that leave to fill our infield spots?

I thought we had another pretty solid SS recruit that is coming but not sure what other "infielders" we have coming in since I don't recall having more than possibly 1 currently on the roster.

Also - Is Ingraham going to fill one of the OF slots? and then we still need one more since Wade is probably gone.

Man - Wade being gone really kind of hurts. Evan I was prepared for and am thrilled for Austen - but a nicer guy you could not find and I really thought he was going to be our team leader next year.

NavyFrog

so who does that leave to fill our infield spots?

I thought we had another pretty solid SS recruit that is coming but not sure what other "infielders" we have coming in since I don't recall having more than possibly 1 currently on the roster.

Also - Is Ingraham going to fill one of the OF slots? and then we still need one more since Wade is probably gone.

Man - Wade being gone really kind of hurts. Evan I was prepared for and am thrilled for Austen - but a nicer guy you could not find and I really thought he was going to be our team leader next year.

I would guess that Ingraham and Wannhanan fill the two outfield slots.

NavyFrog

They tried Wanhannen in the outfield his freshman year. Not sure that position is best suited for him
I remember but who else with any experience. Baker is going to play 1B. Where do you put Wanhannen? I would love to see Landestoy become a better hitter. I'd bet he would make a great 3rd baseman if he could just hit.

Punter1

He played RF this year with Wade out and his face bled. I'm convinced outfield isn't best for Wanny. DH is his position.

Well Baker tried to play 1st and some Sooner took his elbow home with him...granted it wasn't all his fault but I think CW can learn LF better then Baker can do 1st.

CW in left, Destroy at 1st, Baker at DH...

LisaLT

Why would Baker play first? Why not CW? Why risk Baker in that spot? Also - is Baker no longer even being considered as a pitcher? Sorry if these are questions that have been answered before.

OmniscienceFrog

Why would Baker play first? Why not CW? Why risk Baker in that spot? Also - is Baker no longer even being considered as a pitcher? Sorry if these are questions that have been answered before.
Baker has 10,000 times the pro future Wanhanan has and half of the major league teams don't use the DH, therefore it is much more beneficial for Baker to play 1st base over just DH'ing.