• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

f_399

I don't even want to pretend I understand what first 4 and last 4 means. New bask
Win our reamining home games and Big 12 tourney doesn't matter

I'd love an outside shot of winning the conference tournament though.

Conference seeding at the conference tournament almost doesn't matter, anyone can beat anyone, just need to be the team that has a hot streak.

DickBumpastache

Texas has lost 5 of its last 7.

Its only 2 wins are against OU...a team that has lost 6 straight.

Remaining schedule:
Sat vs OSU
Mon @ Kansas
3/3 vs West Virginia

Is there any chance UT actually gets into the tournament?

TCUdirtbag

RPI is 21. Beating Baylor and K-State at home should do it. That’d be 21-10 assuming a L in Lubbock. The at Vandy loss is the only bad loss. Neutral W vs. Nevada is our best win, followed by vs. WVU and then vs. St Bonnie’s and is then at Baylor. it’s not overwhelming but it should be enough to get in.

Last edited:

Eight

Texas has lost 5 of its last 7.

Its only 2 wins are against OU...a team that has lost 6 straight.

Remaining schedule:
Sat vs OSU
Mon @ Kansas
3/3 vs West Virginia

Is there any chance UT actually gets into the tournament?

possible as they absolutely have to win on saturday and who knows which wvu team shows up in austin, but with smart continuing the texas tradition of doing less with more there is always the chance he snares disappointment out of the jaws of hope

Tom Brown

I’ll just leave this here since I didnt see it anywhere.

Kaden Archie collapsed during Midlothian’s playoff game and was taken to an area hospital.

He did tweet that he left the hospital on his own feet so looks like fortunately for the young man and his family it’s not too serious.

That sucks. Pray for that dude.

Tom Brown

Can't any team get in if they win the conference tournament?
giphy.gif

Waccy Frog

WIth 8 conference wins and a top 20ish RPI, I think we are set. We aren’t even on “bubble watches” anymore. Beat KSU and it’s an absolute lock.

Ending with 3 straight losses would put us firmly on the bubble, but I think we would still get in.