• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

Sebastian S

It’s game day. This season feels like the 03 and 04 football seasons where we were just trying to get over that winning the big game hump. This team is close and it needs its fans support and more grit out of the players to get there. I hope both show up today. I’ll be there. Go Frogs!
Time to return the favor, we should have won in Austin!

MTfrog5

It’s game day. This season feels like the 03 and 04 football seasons where we were just trying to get over that winning the big game hump. This team is close and it needs its fans support and more grit out of the players to get there. I hope both show up today. I’ll be there. Go Frogs!
One of my favorite memories as a fan was from that 03 season against I believe Cincinnati. The Tostitos game where everyone threw the chips they put under every seat in the air when we scored. For the 25-30k that attended those games made a damn good amount of noise.

Portland Frog

FrogLifeYo

These final 5 are going to be fun..Assume 7 get in the tourney from the conference (8 is possible but I wouldn’t count on it) that meens 3 out of TCU, OK St, Bay, TX, OU and Iowa St, have a high probability of staying home. ISU certainly stays home and OU has the breaker on us...I’d say OSU, Bay, and Iowa St are absolute must wins for us or we are an NIT team again. All could change at Big12 tourney time but 4-1 or better to finish and we are in. Anything less and we’d need a deep Big 12 Tourney run.

What do other think?

MAcFroggy

I am pretty sure 3 wins the rest of the way will get. The RPI (#26), KPI (#27), BPI (#21), and KenPom (#26) still really like us. Based on KenPom we have two top 20 wins with two additional top 50 wins. This is all while having a top 10 SOS.

9-9 in the big 12 will definitely get us in.
8-10 should get us in as well.

SuperTFrog

These final 5 are going to be fun..Assume 7 get in the tourney from the conference (8 is possible but I wouldn’t count on it) that meens 3 out of TCU, OK St, Bay, TX, OU and Iowa St, have a high probability of staying home. ISU certainly stays home and OU has the breaker on us...I’d say OSU, Bay, and Iowa St are absolute must wins for us or we are an NIT team again. All could change at Big12 tourney time but 4-1 or better to finish and we are in. Anything less and we’d need a deep Big 12 Tourney run.

What do other think?
I don’t think we need 21 wins in the regular season in the big 12. I think 20 wins regular season and we are in for sure. Just need 2 more. If we are at 19, then I think we have to win 2 in the big 12 tourney.