• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

DickBumpastache

Big loss for Texas. Doesn’t technically make a difference for us with KState getting a win, but we could be fighting with UT for one of the last spots in by March. Saturday’s game just got even bigger.

Portland Frog

Big loss for Texas. Doesn’t technically make a difference for us with KState getting a win, but we could be fighting with UT for one of the last spots in by March. Saturday’s game just got even bigger.

It would be nice for an upcoming frogs' opponent to actually be coming off a blow-out win in the game prior. It seems lately the frogs get a team coming off a loss and is thus "hungry" to turn the tide.

CountryFrog

It would be nice for an upcoming frogs' opponent to actually be coming off a blow-out win in the game prior. It seems lately the frogs get a team coming off a loss and is thus "hungry" to turn the tide.
That's true, but it'd be even nicer for this team to show some hunger of their own coming off 2 straight losses.

But you're right. We don't catch many breaks, and unfortunately, this appears to be a team that will need to catch a few breaks along the way to make the NCAA tournament.

Sebastian S

Open practice was pretty good.

- Olden seems to be out, concussion
- Lat Mayen was there but I don't think he was part of practice, he shot FT's
- Angus looked promising, maybe the next Vlad?
- They were pushing Hamdi to be more aggressive
- Samuel is a big man, he needs to get more refined but he will fill the spot of a big man that we need
- Nembhard has a nice shooting motion, he will be a good addition too
- Dalton hustles in practice

Most of the players(we don't normally see), I see how redshirting would really help. Players like Angus, I can see playing right now.

Sebastian S

Well that isn't good at all.
He said he was good but it's up in the air if he will play or not. It's not his choice.

He was late to practice but he came out dressed up like he would. He was loud, like his normal self, on the sideline cheering on the guys.

Then he came over after practice and told us what happened.

MTfrog5

He said he was good but it's up in the air if he will play or not. It's not his choice.

He was late to practice but he came out dressed up like he would. He was loud, like his normal self, on the sideline cheering on the guys.

Then he came over after practice and told us what happened.
Sounds like he’s going thru the different stages of getting cleared if he came dressed for practice. Sucks when you’re fine but still have to finish each stage to be cleared

Sebastian S

Sounds like he’s going thru the different stages of getting cleared if he came dressed for practice. Sucks when you’re fine but still have to finish each stage to be cleared
I honestly didn't even see his fall at the Kansas game(I barely watched that game at all), I asked a friend I was with why Olden was not there and he told me what happened.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
They were pushing Hamdi to be more aggressive
Did anyone else notice that Hamdy looked like an NBA center for approximately 3 minutes against I think WVU, maybe it was OSU? He made a couple explosive power movements and scored, and I was watching like "where has this version been?!"

Haven't noticed that before or since, unfortunately...

Sebastian S

They had Hamdy against Kevin Samuel, which is probably a really good thing.

Samuel is obviously a bigger man and a very good person to test your toughness on.

There were some heated talks between the 2 teams, one even shouted "why don't you do that on gameday!" not sure who it was but we just laughed and it was true.

At the end everybody laughed it off. It was nice to see them pushing each other to be better.

Tom Brown

Did anyone else notice that Hamdy looked like an NBA center for approximately 3 minutes against I think WVU, maybe it was OSU? He made a couple explosive power movements and scored, and I was watching like "where has this version been?!"

Haven't noticed that before or since, unfortunately...

Osu

Horned Toad

It’s game day. This season feels like the 03 and 04 football seasons where we were just trying to get over that winning the big game hump. This team is close and it needs its fans support and more grit out of the players to get there. I hope both show up today. I’ll be there. Go Frogs!