• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

Tom Brown

Trying to find a link but Tuesday is a Star Wars promotion, complete with lightsabers for students and tees that say Horned Frogs Strike Back on the front and
Keep Austin Weird
Keep Fort Worth Funky
And keep Dallas 30 miles away

On the back.

Any confirmation n the rumor that the showgirls will be dressed as Princess Leia when she was Jaba's slave?

Tom Brown

Make no bones about SMU and Nevada are the tops of our non con. If we csn beat Nevada on a neutral court we will be set up to dance.

We of course still need to tcb in conference.

Smu tried to slight us by saying we are middle of Big 12, the deepest basketball conference in the country.

For my $ we are maybe 3rd or 4th in conference right now. But if ARob is healthy and Noi and Hamdy play like that all year we could make hay.

I do see 8 bid worthy teams in conference.
We are legit top 25 but we play ku, wvu, bay twice and then those other teams in conference are rpi top 50 caliber too.

I do think Wich State is better than KU, definitely deeper.

Big 12 road victories will be at a premium.

Sebastian S

If we continue to hit free throws like last night, I feel good about the future.

If this were the team from 2 years ago, we would have lost that game last night just off free throws.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Make no bones about SMU and Nevada are the tops of our non con. If we csn beat
I do think Wich State is better than KU, definitely deeper.

Wichita State is 7-1 now. Only loss was to Notre Dame in the Maui tournament. South Dakota State gave them a tough test last night. Shockers had to come from behind a SDS 14 point halftime lead to win the game.

Great start considering their leading rebounder and scorer, Marcis McDuffie, has yet to step on the court this season. Still rehabbing a stress fracture (foot).

Tom Brown

Wichita State is 7-1 now. Only loss was to Notre Dame in the Maui tournament. South Dakota State gave them a tough test last night. Shockers had to come from behind a SDS 14 point halftime lead to win the game.

Great start considering their leading rebounder and scorer, Marcis McDuffie, has yet to step on the court this season. Still rehabbing a stress fracture (foot).

Pretty happy that we are good again can even discuss wichita state and tcu in the same post.

To me wsu is to hoops what tcu is to football right now.

LisaLT

I was very impressed by this team last night. I see some areas for improvement (turnovers and some defensive areas), but I love watching this team. They are on a roll. Bane might be my favorite player. He's an awesome 3 point shooter.

I think we should be #1 next week :) :) :) :) :)

Sebastian S

Any given night, a different player may go for 20+ points. It's nice to know even if a player or 2 is having a bad night, there are others more than capable of taking the load.

jake102

I was really impressed by Noi and Hamdy off the bench last night. Both performed solidly and Noi sparked a major shift of momentum in the second half with some threes.

Concerned about Fisher’s performance, our inability to break press coverage, and Olden.

Agreed on all accounts

Latest posts