• The KillerFrogs

1st Half Thoughts

ThisIsOurTime

Good:
1. Nice to see Song hit a 50 yard field goal even if it doesn't count. He probably had another 5+ yards to spare too.
2. Waxahacie duo is playing well. Snell's performance speaks for itself but Raegor has made a few plays too. Freshman usually play better at home so not surprised. Need to find a way to carry that forward on the road.
3. Hill had a nice half of play. Didn't see him really force the ball and made the appropriate progressions.
4. Running plays especially up the middle have been present all game long. Should be harder to come by against OkState though.
5. Bangou is showing flashes. Hopefully, he keeps improving because the potential is there to be one of the best we have had in some time.
6. Despite us basically shooting ourselves in the foot a couple of times, we somehow have the lead.

Bad:
1. Playcalling seemed to be a bit odd. Going away from the running game at times seemed to be a questionable strategy when getting 5+ yards a carry. Also, have to question whether we should be doing lateral passes considering this is the second game where we have failed to effectively run it. Need to tailor plays to what we actually do best rather than what is believed best for scheme. There was also the three pass attempts in a row to Thomas. Maybe this was on Hill but this did not seem like the best of ideas.
2. Defense has been on their heels for too much of this game. SMU has been able to carve us up with quick passing and I would have hoped to see a better effort in the 1st half. But hats off to SMU for making the plays.
3. Special teams has not been a strength today. We seem to be off in all aspects.

Brog

Are y ou talking about Song's "50 yard field goal" in the second quarter? I was sitting in the north end zone, and looked like it went a yard or two west to me.

PO Frog

Yeah that FG attempt missed. Good thing Gary iced our own kicker and we came back with a much better effort. Except for the hold.