• The KillerFrogs

1998 Sun Bowl .torrent

PhillyFrog

Gotta say, I really miss the option offense. I sometimes watch Georgia Tech play for just that reason; doesn't matter whether they're scrimmaging against a brick wall, it's still fun to watch.

sous vide

I want to thank Bonner4Prez for doing the work and making this available. Took less than a couple of hours to download, and what a pleasure to watch!

Thank you, again, so much!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I listened to this game on relatively primitive internet radio, drank most of a bottle of scotch (Tallisker) and smoked all of a Cuban cigar. I was light and floaty for a week afterwords. Seeing it now for the first time brings it all back.

Thank you!

sous vide

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I listened to this game on relatively primitive internet radio, drank most of a bottle of scotch (Tallisker) and smoked all of a Cuban cigar. I was light and floaty for a week afterwords. Seeing it now for the first time brings it all back.

Thank you!

TCU just scored to make it 6-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deep Purple

Makes us all remember why the SSO should stay in the playbook!!!

Back then, when it was unexpected, the SSO routinely worked for us. In later years, it didn't fare nearly so well. People studied TCU film and started preparing for it -- and more often than not, they stuffed it.

When it's not expected and not prepared for, there's hardly a more devastating play. When it's expected and prepared for, it's one of the easiest plays in the playbook to stop. Just bring up one defender to stuff the narrow running lane and let the sideline do the rest.

Yes, the SSO needs to remain in the playbook -- but as an occasional change-up, not as a routine play from scrimmage. Last season I think we used the SSO all of 4 or 5 times all season. It gained respectable yardage almost every time because it was unexpected. But back at the time when we quit relying on it 18-25 times per game, it was because 3 out of 4 every times we ran it, it was getting stuffed for -2 to +2 yards. Opponents were expecting it and were prepared to stop it -- and they usually did.

PhillyFrog

Mr. President, I respectfully disagree. The Clemson game was on the tube, at least up here in these parts.

Thanks again for all your work, and we look forward to whatever games you can process. I'd even watch the Texas State games.

Go Frogs!

That game was not televised...

Purpl said he would send Tech when I am done with these others I have.

Limp Lizard

- realizing that Batteaux did NOT throw a TD pass. I could have sworn that one of the TDs from in close was a TD that fooled the USC defense.
When we ran the speed option a lot, like in this game, we had a play that started like the option (usually to the right), then had a receiver crossing the field going the other direction. Scored a lot of TD's with that play. Just not this game. Worked against ECU the next year in the Mobile Bowl, for instance.