• The KillerFrogs

“You have to take ball games on the road”

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
This is my favorite lesson of the GMFP era. We have seen numerous examples of this and it has usually, but not always worked out well for TCU. In the first OT at the Rose Bowl, OU held UGA to a FG. On their posession OU faces 4th and 1 and opts to go with conventional wisdom and kick the field goal to tie. We know what happened in the second OT. UGA had controlled the second half. No way I want to give them another posession. OU has Baker who is the best player in America this season. He is an arse, but he wills his team to win better than anyone. He has made clutch play after clutch play all season. This is his last hurrah. My opinion is not in hind sight. I was screaming “Take the game right now !” Lincoln coached a bad half and then had no nerve at the end. GMFP has brass balls. OU lost it by pussing out.

Last edited:
This is my favorite lesson of the GMFP era. We have seen numerous examples of this and it has usually, but not always worked out well for TCU. In the first OT at the Rose Bowl, OU held UGA to a FG. On their posession OU faces 4th and 1 and opts to go with conventional wisdom and kick the field goal to tie. We know what happened in the second OT. UGA had controlled the second half. No way I want to give them another posession. OU has Baker who is the best player in America this season. He is an arse, but he wills his team to win better than anyone. He has made clutch play after clutch play all season. This is his last hurrah. My opinion is not in hind sight. I was screaming “Take the game right now !” Lincoln coached a bad half and then had no nerve at the end. GMFP has brass balls. OU lost it by pussing out.

Amen brother! Stoops would have gone for it! If u can’t make a yard u don’t deserve to win! Thought same thing right then. Going first in overtime huge disadvantage!

Boomhauer

Didn't all the coaches in the film room (including CGP) say they'd kick the FG?

Although I agree, with their offensive weapons I'd have gone for it.

jake102

Didn't all the coaches in the film room (including CGP) say they'd kick the FG?

Although I agree, with their offensive weapons I'd have gone for it.

I thought they should have gone for it. College overtime favors Georgia with the short fields. The short fields limit OUs ability to stretch the field vertically for the big plays and easier running lanes.