• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. texas_sicilian

Funky Town

Who cares? If the players are for it, I’m for it. They’re the ones out there representing.
  2. texas_sicilian

Scrimmage observations

Morris is going to be the guy, but if Sam continues to improve, he will be absolutely lethal. I hope he gets some meaningful PT. Watching up close this past Friday was an eye opener.
  3. texas_sicilian

FWST: Who left, who’s coming? A look at how TCU did in the transfer portal

As much I was on the fence about Dykes and leaning Napier, no chance we are where we are had we landed him over CSD. Thank God for unanswered prayers.
  4. texas_sicilian

Am I The Only One To Know or The Last One To Know….

Seems like a pretty one sided opportunity for growth. Why wouldn’t he join a team where he could learn a few new tricks as well? UT would certainly benefit from his expertise, but not sure how this would really help him reinvent himself. Perhaps he doesn’t care about personal development...
  5. texas_sicilian

Official Coaching Search Thread….

I think it depends on the coaching philosophy. Believe Rhule was once quoted that he has never fired a coach, and believes it’s on him to develop them. Perhaps CGP had a similar mentality.
  6. texas_sicilian

The #1 thing the new coach has to address

I’d gladly welcome an endurance challenge vs. our annual world’s strongest man competition.
  7. texas_sicilian

When it boils down to it, I'm for whomever promises to fire the "east side/west side go frogs" chant guy at the beginning of each game.
  8. texas_sicilian

Beat us and hurts SMU.
  9. texas_sicilian

The point is you need both. Can he beat lesser or equal teams? Yes. Great. Can he do more with less and take down better opponents on any semblance of a consistent basis? 25 game track record illustrates a firm no, and that is the only way we have and will continue to be successful.
  10. texas_sicilian

He’s 5-20 against ranked opponents. For reference, CGP was 14-11 in his first 25 games vs. top 25 teams, and it’s not like we had our pick of talent either back then. Being able to get your team up for bigger games is kind of an important part of the job.
  11. texas_sicilian

Dear Cal,

cringe
  12. texas_sicilian

Big Ten Admitted Incorrect Call In Minnesota vs. Ohio State

The deference given to big blue bloods is just jaw dropping at times. It's as if the refs are more worried about the backlash they'd receive from a large media supported fan base than just making the right call.
  13. texas_sicilian

Brian Estridge's B12 expansion candidates

It's tough situation no doubt. If anything, a few teams (e.g. TCU, OSU, Tech) could use their collectively influence to push back on any attempt to strong arm a longer term commitment if that is the angle they're taking. On the flip side, I'm sure the others teams would be reluctant to join...
  14. texas_sicilian

Brian Estridge's B12 expansion candidates

I would presume (or hope) that we have the strategic foresight to ensure whatever vote we’re forced to take won’t require us to give up all leverage/flexibility come 2025 or sooner (should a better opportunity arise in the next few years). Not saying that one will present itself, but I would...
  15. texas_sicilian

TCU Wins O/U For The Reg. Season

9-3. anything less than 8-4 would be a huge disappointment with this group
  16. texas_sicilian

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Not sure this is exactly a positive revelation…
  17. texas_sicilian

A Post-Season question: How many Seniors come back?

I agree with this (+ a handful of additional underclassman that transfer out due to lack of PT).
  18. texas_sicilian

Forgive me

I’m truly sorry to hear about the terminal situation facing one dear to you. You should harbor no guilt here, it’s all in good fun.