• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. frogetaboutit

ACC officially votes to add Cal, Stanford, SMU

Yah. I believe I said “conference/non-conference game”. Still bitter.
  2. frogetaboutit

ACC officially votes to add Cal, Stanford, SMU

At least they play these opponents in their home stadium. Much better than us whoring out to Jerry and moving a marquee game to Arlington. I know, I know…, water under the bridge, conference/non-conference game, CDC wanted cash, Gary wanted a one and done - I’m still bitter.
  3. frogetaboutit

2023 NFL thread

I like stats Wex better than contrary Wex.
  4. frogetaboutit

Looking to try new Fort Worth tex mex place

El Tequilas on Clifford. The drive is worth it. Fun place with solid to very solid food. Good drinks. The half rocks half frozen margs are well above average.
  5. frogetaboutit

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

Same coach who recruited him to North Texas Is now coaching the O line at NC. Might not happen much any more in the days of NIL but assuming in this case relationships still matter.
  6. frogetaboutit

A blanket no thanks - if all are looking for big $$$ and/or a guarantee to start. If however, they are open to a reasonable conversation about competition and NIL - Jefferson.
  7. frogetaboutit

I’m excited to welcome him if he wants to honor his commitment but not gonna lie - I won’t lose sleep if we missed out on any guy wanting to suck us in to bidding wars. Because in this case, A. It’s aggie and we wouldn’t win, and B. Do we really want (more of) that kind of attitude/mindset in...
  8. frogetaboutit

OT: Lone Star Beer. Question from some of the older beer drinkers here.

I order Lone Star now and then and even keep it in the beer fridge once in a while but key for me to a good, even really good Lone Star, is being served in a bottle and cold. And I mean really really ice cold. There's a funk in the taste when served less than ice cold that gets worse as it gets...
  9. frogetaboutit

The Spun: Former TCU Coach Gary Patterson Makes His Intentions About Coaching Clear

Wow. Didn’t really ask for clarification - just quoted your EXACT comment and replied. Will leave it at that.
  10. frogetaboutit

The Spun: Former TCU Coach Gary Patterson Makes His Intentions About Coaching Clear

This is a weird flex. I’d at least consider having him at TCU on the defensive side of the ball in some capacity if that move was ever in play. And maybe I missed it but in the modern era I never heard anyone have trouble landing a coaching gig because they were Jewish, a devout Catholic...
  11. frogetaboutit

Week 13 other games

We’d be losing to either UM or OSU by 90. What a difference a year makes. We are nowhere close to being competitive at this level.
  12. frogetaboutit

Tyrell Brown and Coach Kaz.

Old Arlington Stadium metal outfield bleachers in the mid/late 80’s was mecca for hecklers of the clever/humorous/brutal variety. $20 got you parking, a ticket and 3 beers. We’d be right on top of opposing team outfielders and stayed on them entire game. Not sure it did any win/lose damage but...
  13. frogetaboutit

Gameday Thread: TCU at Oklahoma, The Last One (Nov 24, 2023; 11AM)

Many if not most of Hoover’s miscues today are on the o-line.
  14. frogetaboutit

I don’t know that anybody is saying he sucks. His vision, ability to stay on his feet and top end speed are however open for discussion. To his credit - he has improved. All that said, I’m glad we have him.
  15. frogetaboutit

Probably a blessing we won’t get the extra practices making a bowl would allow. Mitigates any further damage our clown coaches can inflict on this team.