• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. SwissArmyFrog

Spring football

Well, he *did* have about 3 hours to let the Georgia loss sink in prior to post-game interviews :p
  2. SwissArmyFrog

FWST: Reality check: This is the best stretch of TCU basketball ever. Don’t take it for granted

First thing I thought of after reading "the best stretch of TCU basketball ever" was the 2-year run in the mid-80's ('86 and '87, I think) with Jim Killingsworth. 2 conference titles. 3 straight to the NCAA's is great, but something (maybe ignorance of the last 3 years?) goes back to the 80's.
  3. SwissArmyFrog

247 Sports: TCU 2024 spring roster player preview Mike Nichols

Glad to have him. Like his movies, though I thought the ending of "The Graduate" was a little silly.
  4. SwissArmyFrog

OT - Movies thread

This reminds me of "Random Harvest," a 1942 Ronald Coleman movie set in post-WWI days. If you don't know Ronald Coleman, you're missing out. He's greatness, esp in "A Tale of Two Cities".
  5. SwissArmyFrog

TCU vs DBU tickets

I heard someone at the game say it was a sellout. It certainly appeared that way.
  6. SwissArmyFrog

247 Sports: TCU 2024 spring roster player preview: Champ Lewis

1920's Reporter Guy needs to interview this player.
  7. SwissArmyFrog

Wash St vs TCU baseball

Must have changed his last name from 'Mayfield' to 'Ponce'.
  8. SwissArmyFrog

Benedict Patterson!

Coaches don't base their employment decisions on 'fan hate'.
  9. SwissArmyFrog

FWST: The reason(s) behind college football’s biggest collapse of 2023: TCU’s one-year fall

He just gave some of the players a chance to say what they experienced. Nothing wrong with that.
  10. SwissArmyFrog

ESPN: Quentin Johnston says 'I'm due for a breakout' under Jim Harbaugh

There's more than one way to dump a 'significant other'...
  11. SwissArmyFrog

KU Football game scheduled in Arrowhead Stadium in KC

Are all those lightning rods there to provide the stadium with electricity? :p In 2013 I took my daughter to make visits to KU and MU (Missouri Tigers). First stop was KU, and while daughter was in a meeting, I walked over to the stadium and was shocked at how small it was. Next stop was MU...
  12. SwissArmyFrog

"You're tired. Get your _ _ _ on the treadmill"

Guy got what he absolutely deserved. Somehow, we've normalized people being POS, and if an athlete doesn't just take it, it's due to a character flaw or (get this) immaturity on the part of the athlete, lol.
  13. SwissArmyFrog

Duggan signed for future contract with Chargers

I think it has to do with stuff like beans and frozen concentrated orange juice :)
  14. SwissArmyFrog

Which TCU NY6/BCS win will ultimately stand as the most memorable?

Rose and Fiesta were tense and close, which (imho) boosts their memorable-ness. Peach was a tons of fun blowout, but I feel the win there didn't have as much positive consequence as the other two. Still remember my throat tighten up as the Rose Bowl clock ticked down to zero. To me, Rose and...
  15. SwissArmyFrog

#BAYLORTEARS

Left and right sections look as steep as the upper west stands in the old Amon Carter.
  16. SwissArmyFrog

Did Ron Jiles ever get an NFL tryout/camp?

I recall a bowl game between TCU and A&M where I could see how people might think that :)
  17. SwissArmyFrog

Did Ron Jiles ever get an NFL tryout/camp?

I looked up Ron Jiles online this morning and found a site that ranked the notable TCU quarterbacks. Jiles was listed at #33, but the photo they used for him looked like a Philadelphia Eagles outfit, and the stadium background looked NFL-scale. I could find no info that he ever connected with...