• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. Frog DJ

GoFrogs: Texas Tech at TCU Baseball Series Preview

Way to go, guys! Proud to be Purple! Go Frogs!
  2. Frog DJ

GoFrogs: Texas Tech at TCU Baseball Series Preview

Gotta go take the series tomorrow, and get back on track! Go Frogs!
  3. Frog DJ

Thoughts and Prayers request

Great to hear all went well! Go Frogs!
  4. Frog DJ

What happened to "Eight"

I’m glad doc and I aren’t the only ones who are old enough to get this reference. Go Frogs!
  5. Frog DJ

What happened to "Eight"

If 6 was 9 Go Frogs!
  6. Frog DJ

OT: prayer request

Praise the Lorrd! Go Frogs!
  7. Frog DJ

Thoughts and Prayers request

Sincere and earnest prayers for your easy and quick recovery, my friend. Go Frogs!
  8. Frog DJ

What happened to "Eight"

One of the VERY few shows that depicts radio semi-accurately (kinda sorta). Go Frogs!
  9. Frog DJ

What happened to "Eight"

Admittedly, this is an act of shameless self-promotion, but if you love the behind the scenes stuff, my book is jam-packed with them, but here’s one that failed to make the cut. When professional soccer was gaining a bit of popularity in the 1970s, Bart McLendon (Gordon’s son) wanted KNUS to do...
  10. Frog DJ

What happened to "Eight"

Oh, the stories I could tell about Gordon McLendon! Texas Monthly once called him “Rock ‘N’ Roll’s Wizard of Oz,” and I was blessed to work for and get to know “The Man Behind The Curtain” while I was the morning show host on KNUS in Dallas. I have worked for bigger stations with bigger...
  11. Frog DJ

What happened to "Eight"

Hudson & Harrigan. Mac Hudson and Irving Harrigan (Irv for short). Being an obvious WASP, the name “Irv” certainly didn’t fit my appearance. The first time I met our LONG time advertising client Irv Marks (of IW Marks Jewelers), I introduced my self as “Irv” and he shook my hand saying, “When...
  12. Frog DJ

What happened to "Eight"

Toad - I’m still here. I just don’t post as often. I read a lot but try to stay out the cross fire. Thanks for the very kind words! Go Frogs!
  13. Frog DJ

Yahoo!: Texans rookie Dylan Horton taking 'indefinite' leave from team due to personal health matter

Terrible news! May the grace and healing power of God descend on Dylan and carry him through to a full and complete recovery, and may the peace that passes all understanding be his strength and shield. Go Frogs!
  14. Frog DJ

Frank Windegger passed away this afternoon.

Late 1960s Go Frogs!
  15. Frog DJ

Frank Windegger passed away this afternoon.

Windegger was always, ALWAYS so accommodating to a clueless young RTF student who deeply LOVED doing play-by-play for Frog Baseball games on KTCU. Never ONCE did he turn down an interview - no matter how busy he was or how frustrated he was after a tough loss. As others have said: he was...
  16. Frog DJ

OT - How the Hell Did This B-17 Fly?

My uncle piloted B17s way more than the required number of flights to qualify to go home, but he refused to take advantage of the opportunity, and kept flying. On multiple missions, his B17 was the only one to return to base. Once, my uncle read a comic book waiting for clearance to take off...
  17. Frog DJ

TCU vs USC again

Thanks! Go Frogs!
  18. Frog DJ

TCU vs USC again

Score update, please? It’s been over a half hour since the last one, and I’m DYIN’ over here! Go Frogs!
  19. Frog DJ

TCU vs USC again

Is this game being televised anywhere? Go Frogs!
  20. Frog DJ

UCLA vs TCU Game #2

Doot doo doo doo… Go Frogs!