• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. yurintroubl

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Texas, Cockroach Edition? (Nov 11, 2023; 6:30PM)

Holy crap. I need a drink. Like a REAL drink. In Sec 130. Hosting a couple bad guy fans bc they wanted to see a game in this stadium before the conference splits up. Have money. Need a shot. LOL Cheers!
  2. yurintroubl

NFL Frogs after the cuts

A few guys I hadn't seen mentioned in this thread yet... Ross Blacklock signed with the Jags and is currently on the active roster. LJ Collier is getting significant snaps in Arizona and had a couple of tackles. Raider Tre'von Moehrig had 6 tackles (5 solo) vs Washington And speaking of...
  3. yurintroubl

The Gillespie defense is a FAILURE!

I can't for the life of me figure out why we can't stop a wheel route (or any other way an opposing RB sets up to catch a pass). ETA: Also looked like guys were trying to tackle the ball and not the player carrying it... which led to TONS of additional YAC (and therefor 1st downs). FUNDAMENTALS.
  4. yurintroubl

Flatwater Free Press: TCU slugger came to play in College World Series. He rediscovered his Native roots.

Now THAT was an interesting, well-written article. Every once in a while - I find myself in position to learn a previously-unknown chunk of my family's history as I slowly fill the gaps. It's an amazing that feeling of connectedness that comes with that knowledge.
  5. yurintroubl

3 Frogs selected on Day 2 of the MLB Draft

7th Round #204 overall 3B Cole Fontenelle to the Angels 10th Round #300 overall P Ryan Vanderhei to the Giants #313 overall P Cam Brown to the Phillies Congratulations all!
  6. yurintroubl

Brayden Taylor drafted #19 overall by the Tampa Bay Rays (Youtube/Twitter vids)

Congratulations! Look forward to watching another former Frog representing as a pro! Taylor was the ONLY player from the BigXII taken on the 1st day of the MLB Draft.
  7. yurintroubl

Ran across this on YouTube tonight

I forgot what a ginormous human Eddie George was. Jeeeeeez....
  8. yurintroubl

2024 Recruiting Thread

Who needs blockers when yer born to run?
  9. yurintroubl

GoFrogs: Thirty-two former TCU players are on active NFL rosters

Vernon Scott was cut by the Panthers earlier this month.
  10. yurintroubl

Other Super Regionals

If y'all haven't been watching LSU v Kentucky - You've been missing an absolute clinic by Tiger Ace Skenes. He's still throwing a high percentage of pitches over 100mph approaching 100 pitches in a 4-hit shutout thru 7 innings.
  11. yurintroubl

The Oral Bobs blew it

They went way up by a few early today... only to fall behind by a few in the middle innings. Clawed their way back and hit a walkoff double to force a game 3. They are not to be underestimated.
  12. yurintroubl

NIL Killing Recruiting

Those that know me IRL or have interacted with me here for a bit know I am not the type to idly chatter. I have no documented proof of the following... just what I've heard and I know a handful of well-placed folks close to a few SEC programs... I've been told that Alabama actually pays out...
  13. yurintroubl

Saarloos was a bad choice

Whoever said Florida earlier was pretty spot on. 2001 Florida Gators: Football National Champion Basketball First Round NCAA Tournament W Baseball Regional W vs Stetson
  14. yurintroubl

It was the CBI... not the NIT. My mistake and will edit my previous post.
  15. yurintroubl

In 2010 - Oregon won a Football BCS Playoff game, a Baseball Regional Game and was CBI Champion in basketball. That's the closest I can come up with to compare to what the Frogs have accomplished this year. ETA: Sorry - They won the CBI, not the NIT. My mistake. I fix I fix
  16. yurintroubl

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

I haven't been in this thread for a while so not sure if anybody has posted this... Literally makes me laugh out loud. Found it on Twitter HERE (and there are 2 more parts to this linked in the comments). ETA: Frogs make a couple appearances in Parts 1&2 for Indoor Tennis and Percussion...
  17. yurintroubl

Brandon Williamson making his MLB debut with the Reds tonight...

Here's some highlight and interview vid from last night's game... ETA: FWIW - Alex Young had a 1-2-3 inning with 2Ks for the Reds later in this same game.
  18. yurintroubl

Brandon Williamson making his MLB debut with the Reds tonight...

As of right now - He's allowed one hit through 4 complete innings. Retired 12 batters in a row on 44 pitches. Not too shabby. The Rockies have gone through their lineup against him already - so it won't be getting easier from this point... but so far, so good! ETA:
  19. yurintroubl

GoFrogs: Gray, 4x400 Team Crowned Penn Relays Champions

Flyin' Frogs back at it. Penn relays are a serious competition and TCU's performance there is no small accomplishment. Congratulations!!
  20. yurintroubl

2023 NFL Draft

I dunno but before the Michigan game - One of the talking heads said they doubted TCU had 5 draftable guys on the entire roster. Wish I could remember who it was but I erased him from existence in my mind.